Beasts of Beyond
A Wild Newcomer Has Appeared. - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Welcoming Board (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: A Wild Newcomer Has Appeared. (/showthread.php?tid=12016)

A Wild Newcomer Has Appeared. - meeibuggo - 06-05-2020

Hello there. I go by Kira, both offline and online, but my username, "Meeibuggo", works, too!
I was introduced to this site a long, long time ago by a good friend. I hope they are still active here. But, I have been trying to get back into roleplaying, as I enjoy writing, a lot, and wish to develop my characters...Ever since middle school I have been slowly molding and developing my own little fictional universe of anomalies. I hope that this website will allow me to furthermore improve my skills as a writer...and, maybe, along this newfound journey, I will make some friends? That would be nice I think. Although I am certainly not the most socially adept person, I will try my best~

I have a lot of interests...particularly anything that utilizes the right hemisphere of the brain, I enjoy writing, drawing, reading, daydreaming, and building, whether I am building model kits or crafting some enigmatic concoction, I enjoy it. I love anything that is one with nature...hiking, fishing, foraging, riding my bike, and cross country. I am a bit of a collector, mostly with trinkets, things I find outside, and figurines. When I am not outside, I am cooped up within my lairroom playing video games; recently I have been playing a lot of Warframe, Skyrim, and Starbound. I do not watch a lot of television, but I do like some anime, 90s cartoons, and vintage movies...and, Moomins - my comfort media.

Oh, oh - science. I love anything that is related to the arts of Biology - Zoology, Microbiology, Botany, everything. When the day finally arrives where I go to college, I am hoping that I can major in Biological Sciences. That is my ultimate dream...to be a Biologist. But, above all, my passion lies deep within...Entomology. Arthropods. Bugs. Creepy-Crawlies. Friends. They have many names, to many different people, but to me they will always be friends~
I am deeply, deeply fascinated by arthropods...such little interesting beings, within their own little worlds - perceptions that we, as large humans, tend to overlook. I actually have some of these little interesting beings, as pets! I have Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches(Gromphadorhina portentosa), and their names are: Mooshi, Snufkin, Sootball, Muntz, Taro, Kabu, Oyoroi, Dawoon, Poe, and Enoki. I love them all very much, and I would die for them. Oh, also...if you have bug pictures, please send me them, as I would love to see!

Anyways...that is my introduction. It is rather long, but oh well. Thank you for reading this, and may you all have an excellent rest of your day~

Re: A Wild Newcomer Has Appeared. - toboggan - 06-06-2020

heyyyy, welcome to the site!

my name's toboggan, but you can call me tobo Smile. be sure to check out the guides, as those hold lots of valuable information!

i really like 90s cartoons as well! rocko's modern life is my favourite (i mean its my friggin pfp). i've also been playing warframe recently, too. and i think it's very neat that you have those as pets! and i rly like their names..

i cant wait to talk and maybe rp with you! be sure to join the discord servers, they're rather active.

Re: A Wild Newcomer Has Appeared. - Orion - 06-06-2020

Ah! Welcome to the site <333 (or welcome back, perhaps?). If you remember your friends name, you can always search them up in the members tab or in the search option! Even checking our Discord (you can find the links in the announcements board) might help you reunite!

Anyways, it’s nice to meet you! <333 M’names Orion and I’m an admin here on BoB, so if you need any help, please don’t be afraid to let me know and I’ll be of service. Also can ask questions in PMs or within the Helpful Hub!!

also i see you’re into model kits and im actually a sculptor for special effects who makes/assembles those on occasion! i loooooove customizing them and just fumbling around with all of the cool designs. what kind of models do you mess with ??

biology is my favorite natural science <333 a++++

Re: A Wild Newcomer Has Appeared. - stygian - 06-08-2020

[align=center][div style="width: 55%; text-align: justify; font-family: verdana; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 1.4;"]
Hey, welcome to the site!!

Re: A Wild Newcomer Has Appeared. - Blazic - 06-10-2020

Hey hey! Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here! Despite all the dogs, we don't bite, haha.

I also draw, and have a big interest in worldbuilding! I'd love to see some of your work. If you use discord, at all, there's also several Official Discords that are a bit more active, and could help you get more involved with the community, if you like!

Re: A Wild Newcomer Has Appeared. - MysteriouslyMaple - 06-11-2020

Hey hey welcome to the site!! I'm called Mysteriously Maple on the site, but you can just called me Maple! I'm a Moderator here, and I'd be more than happy to help you if you have any questions getting back into the grove of things.

SCIENCE!!!!!! I LOVE SCIENCE!! Or I'm more or less into astrology and space n things like that, and I dabbled in a little bit of genetics (though not a lot lmao), but Biology is super interesting to me!! It's also really neat that you have cockroaches as pets too :00 I've never heard of cockroaches being pets, I'd love to see them if you'd be willing to share!