Beasts of Beyond
SONG SWAP - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: SONG SWAP (/showthread.php?tid=11881)

Pages: 1 2 3

SONG SWAP - toboggan - 05-12-2020

aaayyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

WHAT'S POPPIN', JIMBO

it's ur boy, tobo, and boy do i have a game for you! it's called SONG SWAP, and it's really fun!! it's made with the intentions of sharing music that you love for others to hear!!! but also!!!! maybe you'll find a song that someone else posted which you like a lot!!!!!

here's how it works:

- the parent post leaves a link to a song.
- the next post must leave a brief review of the song. you don't need to listen to the whole song (maybe 30 seconds), and the review only has to be as long as a sentence!
- after you review the song in the post above you, you have to post a song of your own!
- then the next person will review, and then post their own song.

[shadow=black,left]SO YEAH[/shadow]

the first person to reply to this starts the game! just leave a youtube link to your song, and the cycle begins.

Re: SONG SWAP - fluffy - 05-12-2020

hehe Smile https://youtu.be/V7QaGc2fmmE

Re: SONG SWAP - windy - 05-12-2020

[align=center]
Not gonna lie, I didn't vibe with this song at first. I'm not a fan of the intro, and the chorus is alright. I like the vocals well enough, though, and past the intro, the track definitely picks up. It gives me Plastic Beach-era Gorillaz vibes. I kinda vibe with it.

And here's mine: "Kyoto" - Phoebe Bridgers

Re: SONG SWAP - toboggan - 05-12-2020

i'm gonna have to say what you said to fluffy: i didn't vibe with this song at first. i'm usually not a fan of the mid 2000s soft-sung lowkey indie aesthetic (even if this song was released this year, it reminded me heavily of imogen heap and the weepies). however, after about a minute into the song, i began to appreciate the low-profile sound composition - the brass was especially nice. if this song came on in the car, i wouldn't change the station.

my song: holy touch

honestly, I did vibe with this one. perhaps it’s not something I would add to my own playlist, it would be something I could passively learn the lyrics to and sing along. I really liked the percussion, sometimes I find that those parts can be boring and I’m very glad it wasn’t. the vocals were nostalgic and pleasant. Id give it a 7/10

a 1000 times

i've actually heard this one a lot of times already thanks to you lmao. i've even heard a live rendition of it, and i can confidently say that this dude is really, really good at singing. like damn. i really like this one. and i hope he doesn't switch his scheduled show that you were gonna attend to a 21+ venue, since his live shows seem to be pretty awesome.

a little rain

unlike the last one, this song did go on my playlist! I love his voice and the guitar bits were very jammy. not to mention the lyrics, which I enjoyed immensely. I’d give it an 8/10

phantom limb

that song had some pretty chill vibes, but i didn't feel for the melody a lot. like i said, though, it was chill, and i could probably fall asleep to it if i wanted to. it's alright.

the girl

Re: SONG SWAP - windy - 05-13-2020

[align=center]
The first half of this song didn't really interest me all that much. I've never been a big fan of folk-reminiscent, soft-spoken vocals backed by acoustics (and what might be a banjo?). However, halfway through the song when both the vocals and the track picked up, I immediately thought to myself, "Hey, this is pretty good!" I won't be adding it to my playlist, but if I heard it somewhere, I probably wouldn't skip it.

"Summertime" - Orville Peck

Re: SONG SWAP - fluffy - 05-13-2020

personally, it’s not something I really vibe with, though I can tell why others like it. the vocals are pleasant and distinctive, and the overall sound is very full and atmospheric. to me, however, it is musically uninteresting. I’d give it a 6/10

caught me thinking