Beasts of Beyond
STORY OF MY LIFE ☆ gardening - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: STORY OF MY LIFE ☆ gardening (/showthread.php?tid=11781)

STORY OF MY LIFE ☆ gardening - roan ; - 04-24-2020

[div style="width: 45%; text-align: justify; font-size: 12pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: times new roman;"]♡ — Roan had always had an inquisitive sort of personality. It was part of the reason why the boy had become so invested in medicine, since it was something he could commonly read about and study. When he eventually ran out of books about medicine to read, – at least that were commonly available, anyways – he decided to turn to another topic, gardening. Specifically, he had decided to research if there were any plants that could grow in sand. The area outside of his family's home was a little barren, and the draconic apprentice felt as though it could benefit from a garden of various flora. Plus, he thought that perhaps a colorful garden would cheer his mama up a little bit, and bring a smile to her face whenever she saw the rainbow of beauty while stepping outside. It was the least he could do, really. So, he'd spent quite a few hours not only researching what kind of plants could grow in sand, but also seeking out seeds and tools for planting. That part was a bit more difficult, but was thankfully offset by the various merchants that often saw the Typhoon as a prime location for trading. Before long, he had a practice group of lamb's ears, purple coneflowers, coreopsis, and lavender sproutlings.

When the horned boy originally tried to go out into the sunlight with his basket of gardening goodies, he was stopped by his mother, the doting feline being sure to send him off with a large sun hat before he could go out. He supposed he shouldn't have been surprised, considering he had seen similar hats worn not only by his mother, but also by his little sister. He had to make sure there were holes cut out of the brim so that he could fit his rapidly growing green horns through before he finally stepped outside, armed not only with his basket of supplies, but also with a colorful hat to protect his face. With a bit of a spring in his step, Roan moved down to the front of his family home, clawing and scooping away sand so that he could bury the sproutlings down before covering them. He made a rather uniform pattern of it, with lavender closest to the door and the coneflowers farthest away. The work was surprisingly tiring, and he could feel himself beginning to grow groggy as he began to cover up the last of the sproutlings. Despite this, the apprentice could be heard humming softly to himself, a satisfied smile on his face as he mumbled softly, "Maybe I could do something like this for everybody's house... with a little bit of time, anyways." There was no way he'd be able to do more planting today, considering he already felt like curling up in bed for hours.
[align=center][Image: 2x48tfY]

Re: STORY OF MY LIFE ☆ gardening - fulzanin - 04-26-2020

On a list of things that Blits did not know about, gardening surprisingly was one of them. Despite his herbivorous diet and his liking for nice and pretty fauna, he hadn't ever heard of the term before. Gardening hadn't been possible where he hailed from due to the irradiated nature of the ground that would kill any life that tried to spring to life from it. He'd figured it out the hard way when he'd accidentally killed a present since he wanted fresh dirt for a plant that he'd had. Seeing it die had left him incredibly upset for quite a while. Actually planting any plants was beyond Blits' comprehension. He'd moved food around that had already been severed from the trees or bushes or roots, shuffling boxes around and gawking at any new kind of fruit or vegetable that he came across. It had been a while since Blits had seen any new plants; he'd grown used to the norm of his home. The plants here were so odd, so strange, and amazement was common on his face whenever his attention managed to stray far enough to focus on something.

The sinornithosaurus did tend to wander around quite a lot, orange eyes still peeled for someone important to him to show up or to be found. Hope wavered, but Blits was steadfast in two different options. Those brief notions had to be pushed aside when the sight of saplings and the voice of the one planting them caught his attention. Blits' one track mind didn't have room for two, and his curiosity won out. His talons carried him over, orange eyes wide with bewilderment. "Oh, uh, what's all of.. this? Are they - are these food plants?" He questioned, able to use his size to peer around the other's hat to get a look at the plants that had just been placed with care. Curiously his head tipped, trying to see if any of those plants were some that he'd recognize with ease. The answer to such a question was a flat no, orange eyes wide with blatant surprise.

TAGS 2/27/20:

Re: STORY OF MY LIFE ☆ gardening - Simon F.M. - 04-27-2020

To give me some diagnosis of why I'm so hollow
Please give me instructions, I promise I'll follow

White paws lead the snowy feline as she walked, mind in the clouds that her fur so resembles. She spotted Roan, hard at work, and approached. "does sand work for gardening?" Her head tilted to the side as she watched.

Were it not for the fact that he was almost done, she would have likely offered to help. "you've done well, Roan." She knew him, partially from when she had stayed in Roxanne's guest bedroom; though now she prefered to sleep outside. Roxanne's house had begun to feel akward and she had felt like she had overstayed her welcome.

Her mind drifted to her mother's rose garden, of days where she could hide under the bushes away from the chaos of it all. She pushed away the thoughts, not allowing them to bring her mood any lower.

//posted using xbox
template by orion

Re: STORY OF MY LIFE ☆ gardening - MYERS - 04-29-2020

[align=center][div style="text-align:justify;width:55%;font-family:verdana;"]The child was growing older, and with that came the knowledge that Roan was no longer bound to the nest and his mother's side. It had been months since they met, months since Ahab had taken Roxanne under his metaphorical wing, and now Roan had a job of his own in the little clan they called home. Ahab cannot help but feel the age in his bones, the slippage of time in his head - had it really been that long? It felt like yesterday when the little kit was bouncing up to his wide paws and telling him of his adventures. Funny, how time had worn them down.

The sun beats down with late spring heat, casting tropical warmth over the bay where clanmates lingered on the beach and neighborhood paths. A low hum draws out from the bear's chest as he finds himself approaching Roan, thoughtful. These were herbs Roan was planting, useful things - lavender, echinacea, woolly strips of lamb's ear. It had been a long time since he'd dabbled in field medicine, mostly out of necessity when bandages and supplies were short. He could recall ripping cloth to make quick bandages in the hospital, grabbing a fistful of flowers by his bedside that someone had cautioned him were there for good reason. He hopes to whatever looks down on them from above that Roan will never have to use these things for worse than a common cold.

"Not food plants, medicinal plants." A massive head swings to cast an eye over the sinornithosaurus, unblinking. "He's smart - chose flowers that both look nice and serve a purpose. Good, Roan." This was how it worked, right? Telling Roan he was proud was the right thing to do. There's a hint of distance in his expression, a careful detachment that feigns calm nonchalance - but anyone who knew him well enough could see that the little praise was genuine.

Re: STORY OF MY LIFE ☆ gardening - roan ; - 04-30-2020

[div style="width: 45%; text-align: justify; font-size: 12pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: times new roman;"]♡ — Roan was broken from his focus upon rest when Blits approached, the other questioning him about what kind of plants he had just put within the sand. He hadn't even thought of putting food plants down, mostly because they weren't always the most aesthetically pleasing. In addition to that, the array of food plants that one could grow in sand was quite limited, unless someone wanted to eat coconuts for their entire life. So, he shook his head from side to side, mumbling softly, "No, not food plants. But they're still muy useful. Plus, they look a bit nicer than food plants, honestly." He had little knowledge of what kinds of food plants grew around where Blits was from. Perhaps in his land, food plants were just as vibrant and beautiful as any common flower or herb. The thought of that made Roan smile, just the faintest bit. A world of beauty and usefulness? It sounded like a dream.

His fantasizing was then cut short by the arrival of Diya, who both questioned the livability of plants within the sand while also praising him. Feeling a faint flush of embarrassment at the praise, he flicked his tail casually before he spoke, "Ah– thank you, Diya. And yes! Certain plants can grow in the sand, since they have plenty of nutrients and don't need as much to grow. Only certain ones, though. I couldn't exactly plant daisies or anything like that." It was a bit disappointing that his garden couldn't have that splash of flowery color, but he was sure that this would look nice enough for passersby.

Looking up when Ahab approached, Roan had to crane his head slightly to look up at the male who was essentially a grandfather to him. After all, no matter how quickly he was growing, he was fairly sure he would never be on equal ground with the other. Physically, at least. The chaste praise that Ahab gave him immediately made Roan want to preen, feeling quite proud of himself for what he had done. Sure, perhaps these plants weren't the most state of the art medicine, but they would hopefully help someone in the future. Nodding his head firmly, the apprentice spoke cheerfully, "Yes, what Ahab said. Medicinal plants. So if anybody gets injured, I can use these to help treat their injuries... thank you, Ahab." The temptation to refer to the other male as "grandpa" was very much present, but he held himself back for now. He didn't want to assume anything incorrectly, and embarrass himself in a moment of pride.
[align=center][Image: 2x48tfY]