Beasts of Beyond
Anything we can clear up with powers? - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Helpful Hub (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Anything we can clear up with powers? (/showthread.php?tid=11748)

Anything we can clear up with powers? - tikki - 04-18-2020

[align=center][div style="max-width: 400px;overflow:auto;font-family:verdana;font-size:11px;text-align:justify"]Hello! We as staff are going to be updating the powers guide here soon in order to make it so everyone knows what can and can't be done with powers, as well as to add new powers to the guide since we've had a couple new ones recently!

So if there's any questions you'd like answered about the powers, go ahead and ask them here so we can answer them and/or add them to the guide! ( adding to the guide just depends on what, exactly, the question is, since some things are obscure and would just be answered here lol )

edit;; I do want to mention that things that were already asked in discord are okay to be put here as well, so that clarification can be done and so that if something has changed since then you can get the updated answer.

With all that being said though, it'd be preferable if people waited for staff to answer questions so that miscommunication doesn't happen.

Re: Anything we can clear up with powers? - Owlie - 04-19-2020

So i like the idea of a stretching power! I like making my characters big and strong, but the idea their ankles could break easier is really unappealing. What's the like.... scaling? If a limb was 15% longer, would it be 15% easier to break? etc?

Re: Anything we can clear up with powers? - tikki - 04-20-2020

[align=center][div style="max-width: 400px;overflow:auto;font-family:verdana;font-size:11px;text-align:justify"]Yeah it'd be equal around ratio in the area that they're stretching! So if you're stretching twice as long in a toe than normal, then that one toe would be twice as easy to break. It doesn't stop characters from moving out of the way and getting hit somewhere else, however.
And as far as stretching while walking goes, multiple joints can be stretched at a time in order to make it so that they're less likely to break but still gives the stretch that's wanted

Re: Anything we can clear up with powers? - Kydobi - 05-04-2020

So, I’m willing to change this if necessary.

But I have Kydobi resistant to flames and fires but not other sources of heat like boiling water... which brings me to my question, is it OP to have your OC resistant or damage proof from an element if they possess that elemental?

Re: Anything we can clear up with powers? - tikki - 05-04-2020

[align=center][div style="max-width: 400px;overflow:auto;font-family:verdana;font-size:11px;text-align:justify"]Talked it out with other staff members just to double check, and so long as you're having him use the fire elementals to move it away from him/around him that'd be fine, or else he'd get hurt like normal.

Re: Anything we can clear up with powers? - Kydobi - 05-05-2020

Okay! Definitely can do thanks so much Smile

Re: Anything we can clear up with powers? - Orion - 05-08-2020

Alternatively, any concerns with limitations on powers or changes that y'all think need to be made?

(tracking also)