Beasts of Beyond
spiral - bucket - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: spiral - bucket (/showthread.php?tid=11712)

spiral - bucket - fulzanin - 04-10-2020

CLONY
[ age mover of the oblivions ]

What am I supposed to do with this.

The thought had been common, back in the Badland. Whether it had been when Clony had been presented with jagged spears, portals, lasers, or turrets, it usually had led to bafflement. Usually lots of death, too, but bafflement initially as well. Sometimes different materials that looked the same as the rest of the environment had special properties. Sometimes Clony had to impale themself in order to progress through the mechanized terrain. Other times it had to carefully detonate explosives to sever wires in order to find a safe place to rest during the depths of the night. It knew what happened the last time that it hadn't managed to find a safe place in the night, where the gleaming red had filled their entire vision and-

Clony didn't quite remember what had happened after that. It'd woken up in a jungle, yes. Now it was in the mountains, reminding Clony of the land of Frozen. The icy cold land where it had to deal with lasers that could, and would, freeze its entire form with a moments notice. But the oddest thing that Clony had come across thus far had to be a strange, somewhat concave item that it had come across. The bat hadn't ever seen such an odd thing in all its travels across the Badland. It had a handle, that much Clony could recognize. They landed, hopping curiously around the item for a few minutes. Carefully they reached and smacked the side of the item with a wing. Unknown to Clony, this was a regular old bucket. Clony scurried back when its blow of a stretched wing knocked the bucket over. Ears pulled back, momentarily recoiling from the noise. Now that the bucket was on its side, the bat wondered what was within it. Clony shimmied closer, slowly snaking their form inside.

In an almost ironic manner, the bucket wound up rolling and entirely covering the bat. Their head jerked up, bumping against the top of the bucket. Their ears had to flatten to the sides of their head. "Oh, no." They commented in their standard mental broadcast. They tried to nudge the sides of the bucket - alas, the weight was a bit too much for the bat to easily tip back over. Having never been stuck under a bucket before, Clony was quick to become worried. It had to have been a trap. Undoubtedly by anything the color red. Set just for them. "Is anyone there? Hello? I'm stuck! I got myself trapped! Hello?" After a few minutes they spoke again. The bucket covered bat began awkwardly scooting along. Vigorously shoving the bucket along, trying to get it to tip back over to no avail. "I'm stuck! I'm stuck! Help!" Clony shrieked, bumping against the bottom of the bucket (even if it was technically the roof in Clony's poor scenario) once more.

TAGS 3/17/20:

Re: spiral - bucket - Warringkingdoms - 04-12-2020

[font=trebuchet ms]Clony's mental communication had grown less startling since their arrival, but Rin would be lying if she said their confused and frightened cries didn't set her on edge. There wasn't any real reason to be unsettled- if they were this close to camp, it was unlikely they'd been attacked, and the fact that they had the wherewithal to speak telepathically suggested they weren't terribly hurt- but it hit just a little too close for comfort.

As she finally located the fallen bucket, shaking slightly from a force on the interior, Rin quirked a brow. Reaching out, she lifted up the bucket with her paws, revealing- sure enough- Clony underneath. "Quick to get into trouble, aren't you," she remarked, twitching her ears. In the future, she'd probably have to keep containers of this size away from anyone who could feasibly trap themselves in one.

Part of her, off-task, wondered where Sterling was. He hadn't stayed long, and he definitely would have taken his bucket with him, but she couldn't help the thought.

/ishpost

Re: spiral - bucket - lavi s. - 04-13-2020

Elysium knew no shortage of calls for help.  At least this time, Lavi stepped into a less life-threatening matter.  The mountain cat felt his eyes soften, watching Rin remove the issue entirely.  Relief quickly settled upon young Jedi, though almost as swiftly his thoughts drifted back to his previous surroundings.

He had came from Tena's home, of course; a place he had been found more often than not ever since her brief incursion beyond Elysium's borders.  Lately, he had begun to accept his friend's cabin fever.  He couldn't lock her up inside her own home... regardless of how antsy it made him seeing her moving about as much as she seemed to want to.

Quietly, he took a centering breath, letting his chocolate gaze study Clony a moment longer.  Accustomed to mental communication, it took a moment for Lavi to realize he had heard the call at an unusual distance with odd clarity.

He looked okay.  "Are you alright?"  It never hurt to ask, especially since a hard enough bump to the head could definitely hurt.

Re: spiral - bucket - Konrad - 04-16-2020

Clony's use of telepathic communication never ceased to amaze the Konrad. Or perhaps spook was the better word, not that he would admit it.

The situation itself seemed to be somewhat anti-climatic. Being a German shepherd made it easy for him to overlook any advantages he had. He couldn't imagine being trapped under a bucket. From Clony's view, however, it must have been quite scary. Konrad sat down to rub at his ear, as if trying to get rid of the lingering ringing in them caused by Clony's desperate screeches.

"Nothing to be afraid of. It's just a bucket." He added helpfully, his gaze quickly scanning over them. "Can I have it?" It could prove to be useful. He didn't want it thrown out.

Re: spiral - bucket - fulzanin - 04-18-2020

CLONY
[ age mover of the oblivions ]

Clony had continued in their frantic attempts to escape their impromptu prison. It wriggled, it squirmed, and it quickly realized that rapidly smacking its body into a roof was actually more harmful than good judging by the aches that followed. When the bucket was lifted, the bat was quick to fling their fluffy form out from the metallic confines. "Oh, I am never walking into a trap ever again," they insisted. Quick movements of their wings allowed for Clony to awkwardly stand up. Briefly did it teeter, before quickly snapping to attention upon hearing Rin speak. "What? That wasn't trouble! That was a trap, a very dangerous one!" It chattered in its usual mental manner, lifting up one of its feet to gesture at the prison that it had just been freed from.

Its ears swiveled, the large appendages easily allowing Clony quite the adverse hearing range. Their pearly eyes blinked a few times, before nodding. "Oh. Yea. I'm fine. Almost wasn't, but I totally am now," Clony chattered. Briefly they turned so that their white eyes could glare at the metallic bucket as if it was the absolute worst to exist. The fluffy bat's head again pivoted, turning to the next to arrive. It had met this one before, right? The hues of browns and greys were far easier on Clony's mind that any sort of red hue. It felt like it had a mighty good right to hate the color red after the sorts of trials it had gone through due to that sole color. "Just a bucket? That thing almost, it almost killed me! Probably!" Their feathered wings spread wide, as if it would aid its valiant and dramatic statement. Hearing the question, their ears began twitching. It lasted only momentarily, before it flapped its wings and hobbled a few paces away. "By all means! Take it! Take the vile prison! Scary. Very scary." It broadcasts out its answer, making a gesture with their fluffy tail.

TAGS 3/17/20: