Beasts of Beyond
tell me again about how it hurts;; open- joining - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: tell me again about how it hurts;; open- joining (/showthread.php?tid=11654)

tell me again about how it hurts;; open- joining - trojan g. - 04-05-2020

ROMANEMPIRE
"I'm sorry, secret siren, but I'm blocking out your calls"
He'd been wandering for a while now, through each group and through the neutral lands, visiting rouges, conversing with new people, until finally he missed what came with being in a set group. Although it wasn't his roots, Roman had decided that he wanted to go to Elysium and try to stay there longer than a week. He'd once been part of the Ascendants and had found a home there with old friends, but they were all gone now, and he'd have to make new ones, no matter how hard it would be.

He had no intention of hiding who he was, despite the new body he was in. Normally seen as a domestic feline, the male was now a mutated snow leopard in an attempt to stay warm in the mountainous biome without having to use his elementals. They tired him out and made him seem less approachable due to where they resided on his body most of the time. "Hello?" He would call out, rounded ears pricked as he listened for a response. "I'm here to join..." Hopefully he'd be allowed in.

tags - penned by @ tikki
[color=transparent]template by orion

Re: tell me again about how it hurts;; open- joining - Warringkingdoms - 04-06-2020

[font=trebuchet ms]Getting out of bed had been easier today. She still wasn't raring to do much, but at least she was fulfilling her duties to an... almost acceptable extent. She hoped she'd be back to normal in the next week or so.

The weather had become noticeably warmer lately, though not unpleasantly so. (They had at least until June before the heat became nigh-unbearable, for that much she was grateful.) Rin had loosened her scarf slightly before heading out to the borders, letting the breeze ruffle the fur on her neck. Breathing in the mountain air, she cast her gaze across the landscape, looking for anything out of the ordinary.

The mutated snow leopard at the border was definitely out of the ordinary. Fortunately he'd already stated he was there to join, though Rin noted with mild irritation that he hadn't bothered to give a name. No matter; she'd get it out of him soon enough. Approaching him, she twitched her ears. "You're welcome to stay," she said, tugging at her scarf with one paw, "but I'll need your name first."

Re: tell me again about how it hurts;; open- joining - trojan g. - 04-07-2020

ROMANEMPIRE
"I'm sorry, secret siren, but I'm blocking out your calls"
He had expected to see Rin soon after coming here, though the thought of her being here the second he got here and tried to join? He hadn't thought of that. His plan had been to tell his name, let them see he was good by being a productive member of society, and when she saw that just let him stay. He was worried about her not letting him in now at all due to what had happened in the past, what had happened in the raid, and he hadn't known if his apology had been accepted the last time he'd been here.

Ears would pin to his head for a moment before Roman looked up, offering a small smile. "I was going to get to that soon, trust me... Usually people ask for that fairly soon, as was done. It's Roman. I'm back..." He was back and hoping to have a home once more.
tags - penned by @ tikki
[color=transparent]template by orion

Re: tell me again about how it hurts;; open- joining - Warringkingdoms - 04-07-2020

[font=trebuchet ms]Her eyes flickered over to the forest- confirming that there were no moving figures- then back to his face, noticing his ears pinning back. As he spoke, taking a while to get to the point, she twitched her tail. Perhaps he was just the talkative sort, although she could've sworn something seemed-

Roman.

Her brows furrowed, though she didn't make any move to arm herself. Questions surged forth in her mind, but she bit back most of the... harsher ones. She had heard nothing further of his exploits, so it was possible he really had kept himself under control since the day he came to apologize. But then...

"What happened to staying with the Halls of Hiraeth?" she asked, narrowing her eyes. They'd known what he was, he said, and while it was possible he'd been lying through his teeth, that wasn't exactly relevant right now. Even as she asked, her mind supplied a possible answer in Redvox's image. If anyone knew about his exploits as a former Pittian, it would be the other former Pittian. Now that Redvox was dead, maybe that was why Roman had left.

It was cold comfort, either way.

Heaving a long sigh, she shook her head. Could she go back on her offer to let him stay? Almost certainly. Tanglewood would probably flip their lids if they found out she gave him shelter, and understandably so. But considering that she'd allowed Halo to stay, and he hadn't had any other lapses since... maybe Roman just needed something similar.

That didn't mean she had to let down her guard, though. "Fine," she said, twitching her ears. "You can stay, but I'll be watching. If I have any reason to suspect you're a threat, you're gone." He could take that in whatever sense of the word he liked. Elysium was strong enough to take on gods, so she wasn't sure how much damage he could do, but she had to be careful nonetheless.

Re: tell me again about how it hurts;; open- joining - spacexual - 04-12-2020

"I, um, take it you two've met." They would chime in softly, tail brushing the ground gently. The lion looks over them both with a sort of curious expression, round ear twitching as Rin warns the leopard. Their eyes glance to the ground for a moment, looking back to them afterwards. There was no chance they would run into trouble for their mission. And, if they had, it would be fine. They always could go somewhere else, even if that wasn't preferable. So long as everyone kept out of their stuff, it would be fine. They stay quiet for a minute, attempting to give a small smile on their usually neutral expression to give a more welcoming appearance. "My name's...Aleifr, but, er, you can just call me Ali if you'd like."
oh,  heave the oceans do —  won't you?