Beasts of Beyond
[ bad romance / joining ] - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: [ bad romance / joining ] (/showthread.php?tid=11618)

[ bad romance / joining ] - MERGED - 04-02-2020

[align=center][div style="text-align:justify;width:50%;font-family:verdana"] why did he have to hear from the loners, mutters of a certain aurum giving birth to tigon cubs. why did he have to travel all the way to tangle just to see him, hear the truth? he had to change his everything to do so- thankfully aurum would know this form, the thick black stripes, the three purple eyes, the scars around his neck that prevented fur from growing.. he felt like he had walked right into hell as his paws touched the ground that became increasingly soggy the further he went.

"aurum?" he called, clearing his throat as the rough voice broke through his lips. "aurum, we have to talk!"

/pst wait for stilly to post with aurum plssss <3

Re: [ bad romance / joining ] - wormwood. - 04-02-2020

HUNG PICTURES OF PATRON SAINTS UP ON MY WALL TO REMIND ME THAT I AM A FOOL. TELL ME WHERE I CAME FROM, WHAT I WILL ALWAYS BE: JUST A SPOILED LITTLE KID WHO WENT TO CATHOLIC SCHOOL
Aurum had been resting, when the frantic voice of Whisper reached his ears, causing him to shift from where he was laying on the porch of his home. He was still in his tigon body, despite the children having been born and fed already, mostly just due to a sense of exhaustion. Even though everything had gone well, having and raising children was hardly what anyone could consider to be easy. The tiredness was nearly enough to cause Aurum to remain rooted in place, even as his lover called for him, but he fought through it, getting to his feet and heading for the border, where the other was. Once he stood in front of the other male, he hesitated before saying softly, "Oh... hello. I'm... I'm guessing you heard about the kids?" He didn't have anxiety in his voice over the tiger formerly known as Draekon getting caught – considering he had changed so much and was in an entirely new, unfamiliar body – but more over having to deal with the fact that he had hidden his babies away, until now.

[div style="text-align: right; text-transform: uppercase; text-shadow: 0px 0px 2px #722227; font-size: 24px;"][color=#c16f78]— AURUM
#psychosocial.

Re: [ bad romance / joining ] - CAUSTIC. - 04-04-2020

Caustic immediate reaction when he smells Aurum in the wilds now has three paths- kill what is in his hands (paws, he refuses to acknowledge them.), hide his misdeeds, or abandon his project entirely. Aurum was a threat to the scientist's work, and the last thing his needed was the proxy getting too curious and snooping in his home. Caustic leaves the rabbit to live another day, moving to approach the tigon's scent, and seeing the two. His eyes cast the stranger up and down, then looking to the proxy, gas puffing from his mouth in small clouds.
"Aurum, who's you're friend?"
TAGSPLAYLIST • PENNED BY OWLIE
THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY OUT
© LEXASPERATED

Re: [ bad romance / joining ] - MERGED - 04-05-2020

[align=center][div style="text-align:justify;width:55%;font-family:verdana"]he wasn't angry. he refused to be angry about something like this, but he really wanted to be. those were hid kids too, he had a right to know! right? he wouldve been there if he had known, by his side the whole way, but no. he hadn't been told, in fact, he hadn't seen aurum since.. "why didn't you tell me? why did i have to hear about my own children from a travelling trader?" he didn't sound angry- or he was trying not to, but there was that twinge of hurt to his voice that showed it anyways. "i.. i would've dropped everything to be here! why didn't you tell me?"

once caustic came along, he tried to compose himself, clearing his throat and hesitating. "im whisperedsecrets." he introduced, trying his damnedest to appear cool adn calm, however crushed he may be.

Re: [ bad romance / joining ] - wormwood. - 04-05-2020

HUNG PICTURES OF PATRON SAINTS UP ON MY WALL TO REMIND ME THAT I AM A FOOL. TELL ME WHERE I CAME FROM, WHAT I WILL ALWAYS BE: JUST A SPOILED LITTLE KID WHO WENT TO CATHOLIC SCHOOL
Aurum frowned when he heard his lover's tone of voice, wincing at the hurt and betrayal that he could hear in every word. He had never meant for things to happen like this, and he felt awful about it. He sighed heavily, giving Caustic a nod in greeting before turning back to Whisper, since the other had already introduced himself. The proxy shifted his paws nervously for a moment before he finally spoke, his voice hesitant, "I... I'm sorry, Whisper. I just didn't know if you'd be happy to hear the news. After all, it was sort of just a chance encounter between the two of us. I didn't think you'd want to be bogged down, by cubs and Tanglewood and me..." He hadn't wanted to pull the other into Tanglewood with him, or force him to act as a father for the children. He had no idea if the other had ever wanted children, and whenever he'd considered going and telling him, the lion's throat would close up. Glancing at Caustic, Aurum added on softly, "He's a loner, and also the father of my children. So there's no need to worry." He didn't really think that Caustic was worried, but he didn't want anybody attacking Whisper out of the blue, acting under the assumption that he was threatening Aurum or anything.

[div style="text-align: right; text-transform: uppercase; text-shadow: 0px 0px 2px #1B1B2F; font-size: 24px;"][color=#44437F]— AURUM
#psychosocial.

Re: [ bad romance / joining ] - Grimm - 04-07-2020

[align=center][div style="font-family: arial; font-size: 11px; width: 60%; text-align: justify; line-height:120%"]Ferved meeting, enclosed the reopening bloom of tepid affection, alight the trembling walls of beating hearts. Had been the conception a matter of more simple means, lacking the restrictive edging of taunt tension, the heated spark of budding anger may not have cast a dangerous riptide about rather public reunion.

Merely one among the assembled brood bearing the apparent hues of mixed blood, cinnamon speckled with the pale touch of cream, slackened countenance turned to open window. Known his manner of seeking a reprieve from cloying boredom, escape sought beneath the unsuspected eye turned from the facade of his compliance. Yet no further opportunity had risen, severed any chance that may permit impromptu exploration beyond imposed boundaries. Against the dark surface of wooden flooring did the opaque tips of claws run, brief the moment of pause before the light tap of contact began the cycle anew.

Unpleasant the manner of conclusion, a squeaky, high pitched whine produced at involuntary flex of muscle, replaced the dull scape shown by wooden window frame by the closed door. He had watched with minimal interest when Aurum had passed with a heavy step, seeking the peace of sunbathed porch. Yet broken seemed the reverie of his limited peace, protesting groan of wooden boards announcing a departure made in haste. Secured his own chance to be rid of the boredom devolving  his thoughts into a ceaseless and repetitive cycle, unnecessary had grown even a moment of pondering the intelligence behind following.

It was as such the child approached with a slow but heavy step, furrowed a brow of auburn over narrowed depths, harboured within the growing heat of flaring rage. "He isn't my father," about dark lips did a scowl settle, the short extension of his tail flicking with an irregular rhythm. "A father is there for his kids." Apparent the lack of prior conversation, staged upon the edge of auditory range, the admittance of wishing prior contact lost beneath the bubbling heat gathering in his chest. "Stupid loner, why don't you go back where you came from. We don't want you."

Forth did Chirin move, ignored the presence of secondary father and the lupine wreathed in expulsions of emerald hued smoke. Once a proximity that would allow such had been breached lowered was his head and the last few steps quickened, the headbutt aimed at the leg of Whisper not meant to harm, more simply for his own benefit.

Re: [ bad romance / joining ] - MERGED - 04-07-2020

[align=center][div style="text-align:justify;width:50%;font-family:verdana"]”i really cant believe you’d think that!” honestly, that’s what hurt most about this. so that’s the story he had told everyone? fuck. this was- fuck, he didn’t know what to think. aurum made him out to be some lowlife loner? something that happened by chance and then ran off. god, he wanted to cry, but he didn’t know if his tear ducts even worked at this point.

as soon as the child arrived and started speaking, he felt his chest tighten, and he stared at aurum. there was no way this was his fault. aurum hadn’t told him, so how could he have possibly known? he didn’t budge an inch as the child ‘attacked’ him, not taking his eyes off aurum. really, he was crushed. he didn’t know what else to say.

Re: [ bad romance / joining ] - wormwood. - 04-08-2020

The arrival of Chirin should've been a happy moment, really. After all, it was a reunion between child and father, and it should've been something beautiful and sacred, which left the day brighter than before. Unfortunately, Aurum had gone and fucked it all up, just by not telling Whisper about what was going on. The lion winced as soon as he heard Chirin's words, his head shaking from side to side in disapproval. No, no, he had never wanted his children to despise their father. Hell, he hadn't even wanted them to dislike their father, as he had done for so many months of his life. A soft cluck of the tongue left the proxy after a moment, the tigon reached out and attempted to snag Chirin with a paw, pulling them into his chest if he was successful. He then rumbled softly, touching his nose to his child's head as he spoke, "Non, non, non, petit agneau. Please, do not blame Whisper for my mistakes. It is my fault that he hasn't been here for you. I got so caught up in carrying you children all on my own that I didn't even think about how I should've told him. He is a good father, and I am sure that he is here to be with you, little one. You and your siblings." Aurum didn't care how much of a bad light that put him in – he wouldn't have Whisper suffering for his mistakes.

Signing heavily, the tigon looked up from his child to Whisper, a heavy pain settling over him when he noticed the look on the other's face. He hadn't meant for things to go this way. He hadn't meant to cause the tiger any pain. Still, he could try his best to make amends, even if he was just making up for his past mistakes. Nose still buried in the soft fluff of Chirin's head, Aurum muttered tiredly to Whisper, "I'm sorry... but I can't go back and change the past now. I was terrified, and exhausted, and I didn't have it on my mind to go searching for you while I was trying to keep my cubs safe. But I won't stop you from being there for them now, and I won't stop you from being their father." His expression then hardened, some of the sorrow leaving his voice as he continued, "And I don't believe you would really do this, but I mean that I will not prevent you from joining here to be their father. I will not have my cubs taken away from me." He didn't think Whisper would ever actually do such a cruel thing, but motherhood had put the tigon on edge as of late.

[div style="text-align: right; text-transform: uppercase; text-shadow: 0px 0px 2px #1B1B2F; font-size: 24px;"][color=#44437F]— AURUM
#psychosocial.

Re: [ bad romance / joining ] - ASVINI - 04-08-2020

To know her father was this much, made her a little saddened. Chirin had the right idea there- Asvini stepping forward into the dark, following the sound of voices. Conversation bored her, most times. Actions spoke far larger then words as she arrived, the largest sibling- at least, in this stage of life- coming to a rest in a neutral posistion. One neither closer to her mother, or her father, at it appeared. She remained stony face for a long, few moments, before her head tilted and she spoke, quietly. It was only quiet, no apparently softness to her voice.

"I agree with my sibling." The child sat crudely, bringing her tail neatly to her side and keeping her figure firm and poised. "He should have been here for you- as soon as he knew about the children." Her eyes shifted towards Aurum, fixating on her mother. There was a touch of softness, only detectable by her sister and her mother, as she lofted her gaze to the proxy. "At least- that is how normal families work, am I correct?"

What feelings she harbored for this loner, this Whisperedsecrets, was unknown beyond the bitterness she had agreed with. It was hardly readable, even in a child, the sharp conscious she bore in this situation. She looked back towards the loner, before standing and flicking her tail. Finally, Asvini spoke to the loner, her tone reserved but.. present enough to count. "My name is Asvini."

"speech"

[glow=black,2,300]BREAK THE SILENCE; DAMN THE DARK[/glow]