Beasts of Beyond
Don't make me wait another day [o, ic prompt] - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: Don't make me wait another day [o, ic prompt] (/showthread.php?tid=11558)

Don't make me wait another day [o, ic prompt] - CAUSTIC. - 03-24-2020

[ "You're a big, uh, strong fella, right? How about... clearing some of the plants growing on people's houses? Maybe replant them somewhere else, I don't know," ]

Caustic was always rather fond of plant life. They supported his research and came with the same duty and care of holding another's life in your hands, just on a small intert scale. Plants had the potential to be toxic depending on the species, and he had an affinity for such life. As a result, when Beck gave him this task, he was surprisingly delighted. While Caustic would never bother with the decor of the insects or the livelihood of Tanglewood, he got to play in the plants. A fair enough trade.
The wolf had already cleared the weeds from his own home, and was moving onto another that called his attention. He selected at random, choosing a house near the one Moth and Selby shared with all of their bothersome children. It was a strange process to adjust himself to, as he would attempt to grab onto the growing vines, and quickly remember he didn't have hands. He would elect to snake his paws under the vines, then pull away at them. Caustic carried a bucket with him, where he would place the weeds and stamp them down.
Coughs would leave him every now and then, and Caustic desperately wished for his medication. He wondered if he would be able to make anything using Tanglewood's herbs, but the idea upset him. It was a distraction from his other work, and making medicine for himself only further contributed to the idea that he was staying.
He pulls away at a particularly hard vine, wrenching backwards and balancing himself. A sigh leaves the wolf, puffing out a plume of gas, and resuming his toil.

TAGSPLAYLIST • PENNED BY OWLIE
THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY OUT
© LEXASPERATED

Re: Don't make me wait another day [o, ic prompt] - Atticus Roux - 03-25-2020

Snoozing away in his corner, Atticus remained peaceful. The feline was contently dreaming about Moth teaching him the ropes of herbal work. Unfortunately, all good things could not last. The rustle outside alerted him from his slumber. He tried to ignore the noise and continue dreaming, hoping for a pleasant finale. Despite his initial dismissal, the vicarious drop of the vines alerted the kitten once again. With every further thump, he'd let out a groan. There seemed to be no stopping the sound.

Eventually, the annoyed child arose from his curled position and onto his tiny paws. It was not long before he was out the door. From the top of the stairs, Atticus let out a sigh. Yellow eyes pierced in his direction like daggers. Staring down Caustic with a narrowed gaze, he let out an obnoxious snort. "What are you doing?" he called out. Despite the canine doing something nice to their home, Atticus enjoyed his sleep a lot more... even if it was the afternoon.

Re: Don't make me wait another day [o, ic prompt] - Orion - 03-25-2020

With the sun peering through the treetops and the cool breeze sprawling throughout the forest of Tanglewood, Raymond found himself walking along aimlessly. The fantastic weather had prompted his exploration. After all, Tanglewood was still very unfamiliar to him. There still lied secrets in the damp swamps of Tanglewood and within the depths of the strange crater. Needless to say, it was a perfect time to look around. It was better than moping around in his own home anyways. Plus it gave him the opportunity to meet new people, along with observe the ongoing activities within Tanglewood (even if the majority of them deem boring).

As he sauntered through the town, a familiar smoking canine met his eye. The jaguar couldn't help but watch him momentarily as he thoroughly ripped the vine down from the medic's home. Finding himself intruding on Caustic's business from afar, Raymond began to wander off. Before he could take another step, the arrival of Atticus caught his attention. With a snort and a curious, yet almost annoyed comment, it appeared as if there was some trouble afoot. As if Atticus could do anything anyways...

Unamused by Atticus' entitled attitude, the panther rerouted himself and strolled over. An appreciative smile was promptly offered towards Caustic. Not long after, a green gaze turned towards "Looks like he's doing your family a favor, darling," he countered back intuitively. "Maybe he's willing to do my place next, eh?" His comment remained sarcastic. If Raymond wanted to tidy up his home, he would of done it a long time ago.

//imagine replying with two characters of your own back to back

Re: Don't make me wait another day [o, ic prompt] - wormwood. - 03-26-2020

HUNG PICTURES OF PATRON SAINTS UP ON MY WALL TO REMIND ME THAT I AM A FOOL. TELL ME WHERE I CAME FROM, WHAT I WILL ALWAYS BE: JUST A SPOILED LITTLE KID WHO WENT TO CATHOLIC SCHOOL
Aurum was rather fond of plant life as well, having always had an affinity for the brightly colored blooms that shoved their way valiantly through the cracks in the pavement back where the Pride had lived. Back when he had been a cub, the angel had thought that these plants were the only real growth that was out in the world, and the many different species of plants he had seen in books were nothing but a fantasy. However, the moment he had stepped outside of the boundaries of his birth home, he had been delighted to find out that he was wrong, and immediately threw himself into the world of plants and gardening – even if he never turned out to be very good at it. Despite this, Aurum still enjoyed the sight of beautiful, thick plants all around Tanglewood. He just... admired them from afar, rather than growing them himself. He had only ever truly been able to do so with earth elementals, and that felt a bit too much like cheating for his own liking.

Weeds, however, had always been far from Aurum's favorite type of plant life. There were a few weeds that were actually quite pretty while still being pests, but most were just an ugly, dull, green growth from the ground that did nothing but cause trouble. As a result of this, Aurum usually tried to keep the area around his house clear of them if he could help it, which he hadn't been able to do much lately, thanks to his rapidly approaching due date for his pregnancy. Still, the male found himself drawn over when he heard the voices of Atticus and Raymond, and when he saw what Caustic was doing, he couldn't help the faint smile that came to his face, "This is the task Beck gave you, right? Thank you, Caustic." He and Caustic had already butted heads a couple of times thus far, but he could still show appreciation for what the canine was doing.

[div style="text-align: right; text-transform: uppercase; text-shadow: 0px 0px 2px #722227; font-size: 24px;"][color=#c16f78]— AURUM
#psychosocial.

Re: Don't make me wait another day [o, ic prompt] - fulzanin - 03-29-2020

IT'S ONLY JUST BEGUN YOU'LL FIND US CHASING THE SUN
Feza didn't have any plants on her house that she wasn't really fond of. Most of the ones inside her home had withered away from the cold temperature that she sought to replicate. Now that spring weather was rolling around and the heat was returning Feza knew that she'd be spending a lot more of her planning time within the chilly confines of her home. The cold killed the plants and was very nice against feathers or fur or scales - all depending on which body that she decided to take residency in. Currently she was within her feathered body for the feathers allowed for easier ventilation of the warm spring air. Swamps certainly weren't built for felines that normally lived in chilly climates.

Feza trots over, her antennae wriggling a little. Her gaze moves to the bucket of plants, and she shuffles over to peer inside. Lots of plants, her face briefly scrunching up. "Looks like you've got, you've got a whole lot done already!" The guardsman chatters with a swing of her feathered tail. Feza pivots a little so her attention can turn to the plants that were currently being removed. Her hands were a lot like actual hands, with three fingers and a thumb that actually functioned much like a normal one. "Do you, can we help?" She offers while shuffling her feet. She figured that this alias of a form might as well be helpful while she took a break. The warmth would definitely take some getting used to. "'Cause uh, I'd- I'd like to help. If you'd like."

Re: Don't make me wait another day [o, ic prompt] - CAUSTIC. - 04-01-2020

Caustic stops for a moment, taking a breather to let his lungs catch up. He pulls up his left paw, pulling on the straps with his teeth to remove the prosthetic. He shakes the dirt off of it, flexing his two fleshy toes. Caustic's ears perk as the boy speaks, tilting his head in Atticus' direction. "Fulfilling Beck's task he-" Caustic coughs, the movement shuddering through. "Asked me to clear the Pueraria montana var. lobata from people's homes," Caustic gestures to the vines. They were better known as Kudzu, an invasive plant that died years ago. He feels a little shame, honestly. Once, it was his job to make the pesticides that killed these, his brain already running through the compounds that could do the job just right.
Aurum approaches, and the wolf's ears tilt back as he spoke. "Yes... but again, it's Dr. Caustic, Aurum." He would correct the tigon every time, without fail. Another cough wracks through his body as a stranger he was unfamiliar with approaches. He nods through his coughs, gesturing to the wall of vines.

TAGSPLAYLIST • PENNED BY OWLIE
THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY OUT
© LEXASPERATED