Beasts of Beyond
I'D RATHER BE ME WITH YOU ☆ house painting - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: I'D RATHER BE ME WITH YOU ☆ house painting (/showthread.php?tid=11478)

I'D RATHER BE ME WITH YOU ☆ house painting - wormwood. - 03-14-2020

HUNG PICTURES OF PATRON SAINTS UP ON MY WALL TO REMIND ME THAT I AM A FOOL. TELL ME WHERE I CAME FROM, WHAT I WILL ALWAYS BE: JUST A SPOILED LITTLE KID WHO WENT TO CATHOLIC SCHOOL
The house was finally beginning to come together. It had been weeks, perhaps even months since Aurum had moved he and Roy from that little shack they had been living in to their current large home, but it had taken a while for it to feel properly homey. First they had to transfer over all of their possessions from the old house, then figure out where to put it all, and then figure out how they were going to set everything up so that it looked and felt nice. Not to mention the unexpected element of Kaito moving in with them thanks to his own home burning down. Luckily for them, Aurum had specifically chosen a house with many bedrooms in order to potentially take in Kaito should he ever ask the thief to be his son, so the change was relatively painless. However, things were finally beginning to wind down. Roy and Kaito both had their own rooms that they could enjoy and customize however they wanted to, and Aurum, of course, had his own large bedroom that he had set up with all of his books and plenty of room for he and perhaps another, should he ever get his shit together enough to actually have someone stay with him. He had, at one point, been hoping that special someone would be Crowley, but that wasn't exactly his future anymore. At the very least he had Draekon, but he didn't think the other would be rooming with him anytime soon.

However, even though everything was finally coming together, there was one thing that he had yet to address. Well, two. The first was the paint outside of the house, which was beginning to chip and curl, revealing old wood beneath baby blue coloring. The second was the need for a nursery. His stomach was finally beginning to swell with the first signs of pregnancy within his tigon body, and he knew that, before long, he would need a room for all of the possible little cubs to occupy. He had a room in mind, which had formerly just been a storage room upstairs and was now cleared out, but the paint inside was similarly chipping away, and Aurum wanted to replace it. Painting the nursery and the outside of the house was a daunting task alone, however, and Aurum didn't really want to do it all on his lonesome, so he decided to ask for some help. Gathering up all the different kinds of paint he had been able to find in various colors, he dragged them all out in front of his porch, pushing them together in a crowd before he turned his gaze outward, towards the town. He felt a little shock of anxiety run through him at both asking for help and finally revealing his pregnancy, but it wasn't as if he could just put it off forever. People would begin to notice, after all, "Erm... if anyone would be kind enough to be willing to help me paint the outside of my house and one of the rooms inside, I would be very grateful. I'd do it on my own, but it's a lot of work, and it's definitely harder without my wings." He glanced back at his home for a long moment, swallowing down the petrified lump he felt in his throat, before continuing, "And... I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for what color to pick for a nursery? I've never exactly had cubs before, and I'm not sure what would look most pleasant for them..."

Well, there it was. Out in the open to everyone, and not just between he and Moth anymore. Now he just needed to wait and see how others would react, as his tail curled and flicked anxiously near his faintly swelling belly.

[div style="text-align: right; text-transform: uppercase; text-shadow: 0px 0px 2px #722227; font-size: 24px;"][color=#c16f78]— AURUM
#psychosocial.

Re: I'D RATHER BE ME WITH YOU ☆ house painting - charactercemetary. - 03-14-2020

[glow=#000,1,400]WE'VE BECOMES ECHOES BUT ECHOES, THEY FADE AWAY — 。+゚.[/glow]
The area was messy given the outside of the house being painted, so the cat had to move quickly and quietly in order to one, scare Aurum, and two, not create a mess - though, he was good on the latter, just on purpose. He leapt up above some paint cans, skidding with a soft smirk, looking up at the non-winged tigon. "Well, considering I'm the black feathers, and your kindness, I should be able to help." He was not tall, but he could be able to hop upward and use pieces of wood for support. The second part, though, caused him to choke a bit.

He coughs, placing a paw on his chest. His eyes widen, not in the fear they were known to, but surprise. An odd sight for him. A nursery? He was going to being living with actual children now? It'll be like Aoko never left, the teen thinks bitterly, brow furrowed and a frown etched on his maw. Given her... unhappiness while acting childlike, they were not his favorite, but he would be tolerant to them.

After his kindness, allowing him to live there, and his kindness as soon as he found out who KID was, he wasn't gonna be rude. He simply makes a "hmph now," his head craning to the side with a pop from his neck. "Aurum-san, try a subtle blue, perhaps? Like how this house is, but inside? Might help them get used to it If you're looking for a different color... maybe some Earthly colors? Such as beige."

Re: I'D RATHER BE ME WITH YOU ☆ house painting - CAUSTIC. - 03-20-2020

Caustic and Aurum could not be any more opposite when it came to well... everything. He was a lone wolf with few exceptions. From what Caustic knew about Aurum, based on first glances, and further expanded upon in idle thought were generalized impressions. Aurum was a good person with an open heart, he had a vibrancy of power, and more dangerous to Caustic, a moral compass. The scientist knew that staying here required him to be on neutral or good terms with the members, and they had to stay out of his business in return.
Unfortunately, getting onto good terms with the members meant talking to them, and aiding in their trivial problems.
Aurum and Caustic had one thing in common though- familial attachments. He didn't know much about the proxy's family, and honestly didn't care to, but Caustic would be oblivious to leave Aurum's form and swelling stomach unnoticed. This implied Aurum had a partner, at the minimum. 
Caustic considered such attachments to be... dangerous, unhealthy, and something of himself that Caustic rejected. Attachments meant you had something to lose, and that had many emotional strings attached to it. Thoughts of whispering lovely comments and pleasures into Luc's ears only brought him pain now.
He missed Natalie, though. Alexander watched her grow at Luc's side and she was so, so intelligent. She had nothing but a bright future ahead of her, and his heart swelled at the thought of attending ceremonies in her honor.
That was done now. He was trapped here, and the wolf's ears perked at Aurum's call for aide. He noted the other child, present. Color theory tumbled over in his mind, and Caustic weighed the options of in his head as he approached.
"I assume you are having multiple, so a gender-neutral color may be a good fit. It also depends on the rest of the colors you want to so with. Grey would allow you to brighten the rest of a room. Green is a bright color, so you would have to balance it out, go for a light or medium hue." Maybe these were the same suggestions Alexander made in the months before Luc's death, designing their future home together and leaving a room open for the possibility of more children.
TAGSPLAYLIST • PENNED BY OWLIE
THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY OUT
© LEXASPERATED

Re: I'D RATHER BE ME WITH YOU ☆ house painting - wormwood. - 03-22-2020

HUNG PICTURES OF PATRON SAINTS UP ON MY WALL TO REMIND ME THAT I AM A FOOL. TELL ME WHERE I CAME FROM, WHAT I WILL ALWAYS BE: JUST A SPOILED LITTLE KID WHO WENT TO CATHOLIC SCHOOL
Aurum jumped a bit when Kaito approached, the tigon having been so focused on those approaching from in front of him that he hadn't even thought about the pair of boys inside. Looking up at where the thief sat atop the paint cans, the proxy chuckled before he said softly, "That is very sweet of you, Kaito." His tail wrapped around his front paws as he spoke, and he was left thinking about the feline's suggestions when Caustic approached. The angel initially tensed, his jaw set and his eyes narrowing over at the canine, expecting the scientist to say something cold and calculating that would see his children as nothing much. He was somewhat startled, however, when Caustic actually gave good suggestions, clearly taking into account what he knew about Aurum and colors. Despite his genuine surprise at Caustic's sudden kindness, the proxy found himself smiling warmly at the other, a genuine glimmer of gratefulness in his one blue eye.

The male looked down in thought for a moment, mulling over the options that had been presented to him by both Kaito and his not so thieving counterpart. Eventually he moved towards the paint cans Kaito was standing on, glancing them over before he pulled a couple of different colors out. He mumbled softly as he glanced over the labels, "Perhaps... green, with a beige accent to it? That would be nice and gender neutral, and it could get the cubs used to the colors of Tanglewood before they leave home." The inside of the nursery would hopefully not be as marshy and dirty as the rest of the swamp that Tanglewood inhabited, but it could still have a similar feel. One that would put not only the cubs at ease, but Aurum as well.

[div style="text-align: right; text-transform: uppercase; text-shadow: 0px 0px 2px #722227; font-size: 24px;"][color=#c16f78]— AURUM
#psychosocial.

Re: I'D RATHER BE ME WITH YOU ☆ house painting - CAUSTIC. - 04-04-2020

Caustic mulls the colors over in his head, taking a closer look to inspect. "I think that would be a good choice." He nods, his tail wagging in the slightest as his gaze casts to Aurum's home.
"What room are you going to keep them in?"
TAGSPLAYLIST • PENNED BY OWLIE
THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY OUT
© LEXASPERATED