Beasts of Beyond
Prickly Pears [cacti & house] - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: Prickly Pears [cacti & house] (/showthread.php?tid=11433)

Prickly Pears [cacti & house] - RB Graveyard - 03-05-2020

Eology -female - bengal tigress - tags - [member=9997]Eulogy.[/member]
[img][/img]
Eulogy's home was cozy to say the least. It wasn't too small, but it definitely wasn't the biggest home in Tanglewood but it was still a home; her home. A shelf adorned two of the walls, books and small beaker like vases were upon them. In one of the vases a moss like blanket covered the bottom. A cork was fit snug in the top of the vase, small holes where poked to let air pass through. A large blue and black frog sit happily on the moss, munching on a bug. Eulogy smiled, the frog had been small before. Now, it was a beast! He was hefty but he was sweet.

The tigress carefully pushed ditty bag full cacti and small succulents, even a young Christmas Cactus. Opening the spiny bag, Eulogy gently picked up a cactus and set it on the window's lip, it needed a friend. She'd set down another cactus on the lip, the a pair on one of the shelves before she set the Christmas Cactus in the corner of the room. Light was able to come through the window; its glass still clear from its cleaning. The tigress looked at the ground, the Himalayan sheep rug she had traded from a merchant seemed dusty and flat now; so did the small Sable's. Maybe she'd dust them off?

The Sable would be easy, but the sheep coat would be hard; it was too heavy. How she got it in here was beyond her, a surge of strength maybe. Picking up the small coat, Eulogy pushed open the door with her shoulder blade; the fur within her jaws. The tigress set the small fur on a branch of a near by tree, she needed a good stick to beat it with. A bush stick maybe, or a small branch? Eulogy began to look around.

Re: Prickly Pears [cacti & house] - CAUSTIC. - 03-06-2020

Caustic was always a fan of plants. He had a few of his own, back home. He found ferns and poisonous plants more useful to his work, so he never really dabbled in Cacti. It was nice, though, to see a few members here share a similar interest in botany.
The wolf didn't leave his own home that often, only for food and to relieve himself. He didn't know the tiger that well, didn't really care to, either. Maybe only on a surface, abstract level. Caustic didn't do well with others and he was fully comfortable never talking to any of them.
Talking to others was so unpleasant.
"Eulogy... correct? What are you doing?"
TAGSPLAYLIST • PENNED BY OWLIE
THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY OUT
© LEXASPERATED

Re: Prickly Pears [cacti & house] - RB Graveyard - 03-09-2020

[div style="background: #646160; padding: 8px; ext-align: justify; color: #D3CECB; padding: 8px; font-family: georgia;"]Eology -female - bengal tigress - tags - [member=9997]Eulogy.[/member]
[img][/img]
[div style="margin: auto; max-width: 600px; text-align: justify; color: #646160; padding: 8px; font-family: courier;"] The wolf's voice made the feline jump, she spun around. "Oh! Hello," she hesitated. "Caustic? Yes that's correct." Eulogy offered the canine a friendly smile, her rosy gums glistening. The feline walked a few steps away from Caustic and began to shake the Sable's fur out, dust and small leaves from further outside flying. The dust rushing inter her nose, Eulogy set down the fur quick and turned her face away from Caustic; a loud sneeze erupting from her. The feline's whiskers frayed out in all directions. "Excuse me," she chuckled awkwardly. "Dust."

Caustic was an interesting wolf to say the least, and she definitely enjoyed interesting people so she didn't at all mind his company. "Well, my house was starting to get dull and stuffy so i decided to clean it out. Spruce it up a little." She lifted a paw towards the house. "The only problem is that i can't move one of the furs i have in my home. Its a Himalayan Sheep coat," Eulogy set her paw down. "It's quite heavy!"

[sub][member=10990]CAUSTIC.[/member] [/sub]

Re: Prickly Pears [cacti & house] - wormwood. - 03-10-2020

HUNG PICTURES OF PATRON SAINTS UP ON MY WALL TO REMIND ME THAT I AM A FOOL. TELL ME WHERE I CAME FROM, WHAT I WILL ALWAYS BE: JUST A SPOILED LITTLE KID WHO WENT TO CATHOLIC SCHOOL
Aurum's house, at least in comparison to most of the other houses within Tanglewood, was actually pretty huge. However, he did have some legitimate reasons for needing such a big home. For one thing, he was hardly the only one living within it. There was Roy, and now Kaito as well, and soon enough a whole litter of cubs as well. The extra room was needed, just so that everybody could be comfortable and have their own private space to be themselves. His new home wasn't quite as cozy as his old one, and it certainly wasn't as cozy and cramped as Eulogy's, but there wasn't really anything wrong with that. It still felt like home, and he had been steadily filling it with things that had sentimental value, and reflected the family living within the warm, tall walls. As for plants, the angel had never really figured himself to have much of a green thumb, so all he really had was a couple of the succulents that had already been within the home when he moved in. He tried his best to keep them healthy, occasionally watering them and pulling them over to the sun, but generally his gardening endeavors in the past hadn't gone well, so he tried not to expect too much from the houseplants.

Having been taking a casual walk from said home, the proxy found himself snapped out of his thoughts when the sound of Eulogy's voice met his ears, as well as Caustic's gruff tone. Curiosity piqued, the one eyed tigon found his way over to where the pair was, his one blue eye dragging slowly over Eulogy's house before he smiled faintly. It was small, yes, but it also seemed to be utterly fitting for the strange tigress that had joined some time ago now. Tail flicking from side to side behind him, Aurum offered up in a helpful tone, "If you're having some difficulty getting the other fur out, I can try and help out. I'm sure if we both work together we could get it out, even with me in a smaller form." It was a shame that all of these feats of strength coming up lately only popped up after he was stuck in this pregnant tigon body, rather than in his main lion one. Blinking, the proxy said sheepishly after a moment, the smile on his muzzle crooked, "Ah... it's Aurum, if you couldn't tell from the eye. I had forgotten I hadn't seen you since I got stuck in this body." He didn't want another incident like Leroy looking him up and down like a piece of meat, although Eulogy hardly seemed the flirting type. At least, not with a random stranger.

[div style="text-align: right; text-transform: uppercase; text-shadow: 0px 0px 2px #722227; font-size: 24px;"][color=#c16f78]— AURUM
#psychosocial.

Re: Prickly Pears [cacti & house] - CAUSTIC. - 03-13-2020

Caustic ears perked forward, listening to her speak. The dots above his eyes scrunched together in confusion as she mentioned the sheep coat and its weight. "Eulogy... are you not a tiger? You are supposed to be one of the strongest members of the Felidae family." Caustic's mind weighed the logic, as he did not want to get pulled into helping the tiger with her chores. "It can't be that heavy."
THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY OUT
© LEXASPERATED

Re: Prickly Pears [cacti & house] - RB Graveyard - 03-13-2020

[div style="background: #646160; padding: 8px; ext-align: justify; color: #D3CECB; padding: 8px; font-family: georgia;"]Eology -female - bengal tigress - tags - [member=9997]Eulogy.[/memberi]
[img][/img]
[div style="margin: auto; max-width: 600px; text-align: justify; color: #646160; padding: 8px; font-family: courier;"] The tigress looked at Caustic, then Aurum, then back at the wolf. "Well Caustic," she snipped. "Im not as young; strong as i used to be."

"Aurum, i must say, thats an extreme body change. Even for you, hun." Her thick Bangladeshis accent lathering her tongue. She folded her ears as her whiskers frayed when she spoke. Had she been rude to the both of them? A shrug pulled at her shoulders. If she had been rude, then the two young lads would get over it. Eulogy picked up the Sables fur and padded back inside, her tail twitching as she beckoned them inside. Caustic had gotten himself into this as did Aurum; they'd help her right?

The spring sun shone down through the open window in the mainroom. Her cacti seemed to be doing well, yet they seemed to be darkening. Hmm. "Aurum, Caustic? Could one of you put my cacti in the windowsill while one of you help me move this coat outside? Sorry for making you boys help." The tigress laughed. "I'll owe you both!"

Re: Prickly Pears [cacti & house] - wormwood. - 03-14-2020

HUNG PICTURES OF PATRON SAINTS UP ON MY WALL TO REMIND ME THAT I AM A FOOL. TELL ME WHERE I CAME FROM, WHAT I WILL ALWAYS BE: JUST A SPOILED LITTLE KID WHO WENT TO CATHOLIC SCHOOL
The comment about his form change certainly made a little awkward chuckle leave Aurum's throat as soon as he heard it, but he didn't think of it as overwhelmingly rude. Or perhaps he had just grown used to Eulogy's rather blunt, motherly nature. Either way, he wasn't too offended as he shrugged his shoulders, mumbling half to himself, "Yeah, well... it was certainly a bit of a surprise to find myself stuck in." Eager to get off the subject of himself, the proxy brightened slightly at the questioning for help, dipping his head to Eulogy. He mumbled to the tigress as he got back up to his paws, heading inside of her home, "It's no problem, Eulogy. I had to move a lot of stuff around in my new house, so I know that it can be a pain..." Moving over to the sheep coat in question, the tigon leaned down to grip it carefully in his jaws, grunting as he lifted his head back up. It certainly was a strain, especially with the lack of his usual muscle, but he still managed to half pull and half drag it towards the door, trying his best not to rip it as he lifted it over the threshold of the doorway.

[div style="text-align: right; text-transform: uppercase; text-shadow: 0px 0px 2px #722227; font-size: 24px;"][color=#c16f78]— AURUM
#psychosocial.

Re: Prickly Pears [cacti & house] - CAUSTIC. - 03-20-2020

Caustic is internally cringing, because he would rather just move on, go back to his thing. But... plants. The wolf hums for a moment, annoyed at the idea of helping another. He finally nods, moving ahead. "I will procure the cacti." Oh yeah. Cactaceae.
Caustic pulls the pots from their bags, gently gripping each one with his teeth and placing them on the window sill.
THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY OUT
© LEXASPERATED