Beasts of Beyond
GET A GRIP •• mandatory meeting 3/1/20 - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Pitt (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: GET A GRIP •• mandatory meeting 3/1/20 (/showthread.php?tid=11413)

GET A GRIP •• mandatory meeting 3/1/20 - Kydobi - 03-01-2020

[align=center]
IM JUST A SOUL WHOSE INTENTIONS ARE GOOD -
tags-powers

[OOC: this will count as February’s meeting. Decided to post it instead of waiting for tangler thread : ) ]

It was very very hard for him to maintain his anger. The fact that one reckless fool had the audacity to disobey Kydobi and cause so much trouble was enough to send him over the edge. What was worse? They did not even come forward and Kydobi despised cowards.

But then he had gotten to thinking about why this culprit had done what they done? Gael and him both agreed they were most likely a newcomer. If that was the case then they might not have been told the rules and expectations which was a bad thing. Kydobi knew there was a large amount of folks who had just joined, not all of them were aware of the ways of the Pitt.

Not all of them had proven they deserved to be there.

Kydobi had been breathing heavier but had finally calmed himself. A large brute he was walking towards his usual spot in front of the leader’s temple. His nose flaring with smoke. Something had to be different this time- he didn’t want to get walked all over cause of his kindness.

Tanglewood and now his own people? No. That wouldn’t do. As much as he hated to he would have to have some change. He was scared to become more stern, he didn’t want to be compared to Jervis but being so generous had evidently gotten him nothing but underestimated. Kydobi was far from a tyrant but he needed to have more control.

”Pittians! Gather for a mandatory meeting! I want to see all of you here and I mean it!”

He wouldn’t sit for this one, his training as a child told him that body language was important to a crowd. Well he didn’t want them to think this was okay. It wasn’t.

And he wasn’t going to explain himself either. When a decent crowd formed his would start.

“First off Im pissed. I’m very very very angry at one of you. But I don’t know who but when I do... you’re out. You’re out of here if I don’t kill you.”, Kydobi would be hard pressed to harm his people, really he probably wouldn’t lay a claw on them, “As I’m sure you all know one of us decided to go and not only trespass but kidnap a pregnant tangler. Of all things. Luckily [member=11126]nikolai[/member] returned her and I want to thank you. You saved lives.”

He shifted the weight on his paws, “So at first I wondered why someone would do this. Then I realized there has been a lot of joiners recently not all of you know the rules yet. So I’m going to make them clear for you and remind the rest.”

Kydobi looked into the crowd as he spoke, he wasn’t trying to hide his irritation. Let them see a side he never really showed, “Rule one, what I say goes without question. Rule two, slavery is forbidden. Rule three, rape is forbidden. Murdering and torture of our enemies is..is something i want you all to stay away from. That being said should we be unfortunate enough to find ourselves at war then enemies are free game. Consider it open season but do not harm children, elderly, or pregnant people.”

Kydobi cleared his throat, “I also want you all to leave tanglewood alone! Don’t go over there and don’t even speak to them. We don’t need them hounding us, we need to get stronger. Then we can handle them. My main concern is your well being. If we get ourselves to war we won’t make it. We won’t. Our numbers are made of children and food is low.”

Of course Kydobi had found some solutions to all this.

“Now we are not going to reject any people who come here looking for help. Or to join... however not everyone who comes here is trustworthy. Which is why I have decided to add some new ranks.”, he swallowed some spit and cleared his throat again, “So, for those newcomers who are of juvenile age and higher I’ve installed the rank of Debutantes. You are not Pittians and are not considered such until you prove you’re loyal and honest. Although you will still be cared for and provided for. So that being said I’d like to introduce our newest Debutantes. [member=11753]Clover[/member], [member=11766]camille.[/member], [member=11769]charlot.[/member], [member=11616]BUMBLEBEE S.[/member] , [member=11126]nikolai[/member] and @draekon . Welcome to the Pitt.”

He sighed, sometimes he disliked speaking so much. But it was necessary, “I’ve also added two newer ranks to add more.. organization. Edus and Aspirants... Edus will be assigned from birth to around later adolescence. It’s for the smallest and youngest. Eventually they will be promoted to Aspirants with a ceremony. Aspirants are to be so until adulthood. During this period their training and mentorship will be most crucial and rigorous.”

He smiled at the people a little, “Our current Edus are [member=10555]sweeney c.f.[/member] [member=10503]MERCEDE[/member] [member=10513]juno.[/member] [member=10505]NOOR[/member] and [member=10687]laeglin[/member] ”, he looked at them and smiled.

“Next our first ever Aspirants are [member=4817]aine.[/member] and [member=9250]piers[/member] “ his gaze shifted, “There are some debutantes i expect to belong to this rank with time.”

Kydobi tolled his shoulders, happy to be announcing the next thing. He was excited to see their reaction, “I’ve also fixed our food shortage. Alithis Evgenis and the Halls have given us assistance. Bai Shi has been kind enough to allow us hunting rights within their lands as well as freedom to come and interact with their people as we wish.”

It was an alliance but he wasn’t going to verbally say it, some things were better left unknown to large crowds.

“The Halls has also decided to assist us with food. I suspect there to be a large supply considering the wealth of the lands belonging to those two groups.” he smiled at them, “I’ll be hosting the first hunting party at Alithis tomorrow.” hopefully this would help as drastically as he expected. If people were fed they could do more and get stronger. The better provisions would also be more attractive to joiners which was necessary, “I’m also going to be hosting an open discussion on how to heal the jungle. Any and all are welcome and no ideas are foolish.”

Kydobi smiled, his mood changed a little with good news.

“So does anyone have any questions?”

Summary: (there was a lot)

- Kydobi reviewed the rules for newcomers. Obey the ardent. Do not practice slavery. Do not murder or torture enemies outside of war time and never harm a pregnant person, a child, or an elder.

- There has been 3 new ranks added. Debutantes which is for newcomers who have yet to prove themselves. Edus for babies to kids. Aspirants for teens to adults. Some people have had a rank change so go check it out!

- alithis evgenis and Halls of Hiraeth have decided to help the Pitt by supplying food and other provisions.

- Kydobi is holding an open discussion on how to restore the jungle.

[sub][W]isker[/sub]

Re: GET A GRIP •• mandatory meeting 3/1/20 - deimos - 03-05-2020

Adjusting to life here whilst he was healing was hard. It was hot, unbearably, driving into his metal and making it overflow. The mandatory meeting was the only reason he managed to drag himself from the shade of where he had been hosted, his eyes flickering about nervously. His ears pressed against his head as he slowly sat, a wince on his face as he observed the meeting. His ears twitched as he was given a rank, and only a slight cough came from him, his paws adjusting so they were closer to himself.

template by orion

Re: GET A GRIP •• mandatory meeting 3/1/20 - aine. - 03-11-2020

[align=center]
I'll come back when you call me
Kydobi sounded all... Official today.  Stern business-like voice.  Aine felt her ears flick back briefly, hazel hues flickering in surprise and curiosity.  Uncertain, reminding herself Kydobi was the Ardent now.  He had to act all stern sometimes because it came with the job.

Except he was not just stern, he was angry.  The petite vixen shifted her weight between her paws, more than relieved as the topic began to change.  Though she didn't understand everything he talked about, she liked the sound of avoiding Tanglewood.  Less fire.

She was getting a little antsy as he began discussing ranks, rocking her paws.  Had she watered her garden?  She still needed a book for book club...  Was it her turn to check the herb stores or her fath- Her name caught her off-guard, smiling sheepishly at the sound.  Aspirant?  That was a fun word.

Healing the jungle? Aine opened her mouth, then promptly closed it.  She didn't want to draw everyone's attention on her.  No stupid ideas or not.  She felt like her chest was sinking into her stomach.  Throat closing before she tried again, raising her voice.  "… I... I can try to... Grow some-some plants back."

At least.  She could try.  She doubted she could grow an entire tree.  A sapling... Maybe.  She had never tried something as large as a tree before.  And planting seeds and waiting... That'd take too long in this case.  She knew that.  Trees took years to grow.  But she was terribly small and trees were awfully big.

Still.  The idea was... Worthwhile.  Maybe.
— aine | aspirant of the pitt | commodore of the crows | fae druid —

Re: GET A GRIP •• mandatory meeting 3/1/20 - nikolai - 03-19-2020

[align=center]
    Body language was all the wolverine could interpret, alongside the assumedly furious roaring and dark clouds billowing from the larger cat's nose. An odd scene that even he gawked at, single eye wide through the tinted lens of his gas mask. There wasn't much Nikolai could scavenge from the tongue forming words he never understood before in all of his lives. Scattered syllables with hidden meaning fell onto the sand all around; he scrambled like a bird for seed trying to glean what he could, only for the seeds to be nothing but pebbles instead. An ever-present frustration boiled his blood. He could imagine himself smoking like the speaker, charcoal-black fumes spilling out his nose, his mouth, his gouged socket -- yet only a defeated sigh escaped him.

Resting the filtered muzzle of his mask on snowshoe-like paws, Nikolai watched with boredom glazing his silvery eye, aching to understand at least a little of what the cat spoke. Then his name sounded out. Not once, but twice. His bearish ears perked and he reared his head. Confusion drew his intact features together, obscured beneath the mask. Could he be in trouble? What for? Or was he perhaps being welcomed, despite the language barrier? Either way, he could care less. Huffing through the filter, he settled his chin back to the furry pillows, much too overheated to leave so soon.

Re: GET A GRIP •• mandatory meeting 3/1/20 - teef - 03-23-2020

[align=center]

LAEGLIN NIAZAI LINGRÉ
[div style="background-color:#BG COLOR;width:90%; overflow: stretch;text-align: justify; font-size: 8pt;"] quietly following the rest to the meeting, laeglin sat silently through the meeting, working his questions through his mind before he dared ask and look like a fool. he didn't understand half of kydobi's rage, but he knew that the ardent was both terrifying and ... someone  to look up too. it made him sullenly wish that his mother would show up, being the mama's boy that he was, looking for the beautiful serval.

failing to find her he swallowed his frustration, shaking his head with a deep sigh. he had the rank of edus now ... but he wasn't a part of the group. just like he wasn't a part of his family fully. or it felt like that to the tiny draconic serval, at least. he knew that he was loved but he wanted his family to pay attention to him. badly. curling his tail about his paws, he nodded to everyone who received their new ranks, wondering if he could slip away.
[W]isker

Re: GET A GRIP •• mandatory meeting 3/1/20 - Charlot - 04-02-2020

[align=center][div style="width:70%; text-align: justify; padding: 1px; font-family: helvetica;"]
Charlot might have been a month late but he was there. He didn't know much about the pitt, despite being there for a hella while, so meetings might help that. He didn't know, didn't really care tbh, but like.. it would be a vibin time. Hearing him and his brothers names mentioned was pretty cool, they were debuantes or something. lit.
"speech" 'thoughts'