Beasts of Beyond
all these ch(o)ices >> sick & molting - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: all these ch(o)ices >> sick & molting (/showthread.php?tid=11405)

all these ch(o)ices >> sick & molting - teef - 02-28-2020

[table][tr][td]
[Image: tumblr_podjm9hxLd1vd3h2u_540.gif]
[/td][td]
THE KINGPIN
golden lung dragon & black jaguar w/ vitiligo & platinum silver fox. unknown age - ancient. bai 'pure' shi 'honest' lynn lingré. prefers lynn if close. they/them. blind. wind element & electric element. firstborn son of jerisidie lingré & current head of family/general. courting kydobi, regina & idyllfields. marauder of the pitt. demiromantic gray-asexual.
[/td][/tr][/table]
what they wouldn't give to have paws that could reach all of those damnable itchy spots! the kingpin was noticeably more irritable, their scent changing being the most telltale sign of entering molt, what with the occasional scent of blood accompanying them when they rubbed too hard on a sore spot. the dragon shifter hated this season for it's infamous molting period. a time where their body turned tender yet itchy as they tried to shed their old skin, as well as a most wonderful time that included shedding their antlers. it was more of a deer thing than a dragon thing, some would think, but this particular dragon would also shed it's antlers in it's molting season, a most embarrassing time for them, truly. they prided their rack of antlers greatly as it also allowed them an easy defense against attackers what with three sets of antlers.

and for that reason they were sick, staying close to their tree, feverish and restless.
the sudden loss of weight upon their head was enough to sicken them with headaches and lightheadedness. the same as a loss of heavy hair. the wounds were infected, not that they wished to admit it, but a dragon was a prideful creature and hated showing a weakness like that. their molt and antler shedding had been a secret up until now, when they actually needed help looking after themselves. Taking their chances, they would ... ask for help.

trundling up the hill from their den, they emerged close to the inn and cave. licking their lips, they went in search of food and water, movements slower than normal. the scent of their blood would surely attract attention, the silvery ichor occasionally sticking within their mane, caking to the protective scales around where their antlers normally sat.

Re: all these ch(o)ices >> sick & molting - Malak - 02-28-2020

[div style="background: #2F4F4F; padding: 8px; ext-align: justify; color: #D3CECB; padding: 8px; font-family: Courier;"]Malak - Male - Raven - Alithes Evengis
[div style="margin: auto; max-width: 600px; text-align: justify; color: #000000; padding: 8px; font-family: Courier;"] Small scraps of flaky skin had been scattered around the territory, for unknown reasons, he had been collecting them. They interested him, who could have left these? Malak had seen them before, in lizards, but even then he hadn't seen so much in such a large size. The only possible creature to make this was the Kingpin, or their children. Their children, however, where still far too young to molt.

Malak had been planning on meeting with the Kingpin for quite some time now, their mood had shifted and the bird was worried something was wrong. Gathering a bag of lavender, Basil and Juniper berries with cloves. Fevers and Itching, just in case they were the one molting.

The bird, with the large bag in his feet, flapped his wings. His body lifting into the air, Malak uneeded feathers falling to the ground; he'd collect those later. The corvid found the lung dragon right where he had thought he would find them. Curled up around the tree, symbolic if anything. Landing with a loud thump to the ground, and letting out a little coo; announcing his arrival without actually saying anything. "Kingpin," he cawed. "Are- Are you alright? Can i help?"

Re: all these ch(o)ices >> sick & molting - Cosmic - 02-28-2020

You don’t look so good, brother.” The gentle hellhound’s voice would quietly say as she approached the lung dragon to stand with him. She looked over his body carefully, assessing him medically. He appeared sick, but he also was showing signs of molting and some minor scrapes from itching too hard on an equally hard surface. That wasn’t good.

Is there any way that I can assist you? I may not be professionally trained in medicine, or at least haven’t completed my training, but I have the ability to treat injuries. You could use the help.

She began to dig through the small pouch she always carried with her, and pulled out gauze and a few herbs. She would look up to him for his approval to begin working on his wounds. She didn’t know much about molting in dragons, despite her friend in Elysium having a dragon form, but Bai Shi needed help, and it was evident.

Re: all these ch(o)ices >> sick & molting - teef - 02-28-2020

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
THE KINGPIN
golden lung dragon & black jaguar w/ vitiligo & platinum silver fox. unknown age - ancient. bai 'pure' shi 'honest' lynn lingré. prefers lynn if close. they/them. blind. wind element & electric element. firstborn son of jerisidie lingré & current head of family/general. courting kydobi, regina & idyllfields. marauder of the pitt. demiromantic gray-asexual.
[/td][/tr][/table]
hearing words, they growled deep in their throat, lifting their head, pain causing them to not be able to hear correctly. lip curling back, they scented the air, raking in the scents of malak and hope. help, not foes. exhaling, they relaxed, "malak. hope. apologies for growling at you. my ears are partially plugged.", they would rumble, stretching slightly with a grumble. "oh how i hate this time of year." they complained before laying their head on the ground, "i could use assistance,
yes, thank you. i need help in locating a stream nearby, or at least guidance into the waters surrounding my island. i normally soak when im molting, to help the skin come away. ive also .. shed my antlers. thats where the majority of the blood smell is coming. i hate to ask, but could i request of one of you to get the scales just under my mane? where my mane joins my shoulders.
" they huffed quietly.

how humiliating. being unable to scratch their own itches and lick their wounds.
they just prayed that nothing too important would happen until their antlers grew back in during the next couple of weeks. this sickness however ... they didn't like this. not one bit. "I'll leave it up to you two to decide on what ails me but i run a fever, a sore throat and my nose runs." they murmur, seeming dejected by the idea of falling ill to a cold.

//its a cold but will progress into a flu//

Re: all these ch(o)ices >> sick & molting - Malak - 03-01-2020

[div style="background: #2F4F4F; padding: 8px; ext-align: justify; color: #D3CECB; padding: 8px; font-family: Courier;"]Malak - Male - Raven - Alithes Evengis
[div style="margin: auto; max-width: 600px; text-align: justify; color: #000000; padding: 8px; font-family: Courier;"] Partially plugged. The corvied turned his concerned stare over to the hellhound. "Miss Hope, i need you to gather up Garlic cloves and cat tails," he'd use the garlic cloves to cover the cat tails to rub around gently in Bai Shi's ear. The bird, waiting for hope to get the supplies, hopped carefully atop the cumbersome dragon. Gently Malak began to pull the dried, flaky skin from under the sliky fur, only dropping it when his head was away from the Kingpin. He'd gather the dried scales after he'd help them.

After pulling away most of the dried skin, Malak hopped down near his bag. A small, bird size Ditty Bag. With his head nearly engulfed by the bag, the corvid pulled out the herbs he'd stuffed in before his visit. With lavender within his beak, Malak flapped his way up to the mane of the jaguar dragon once again. Gently weaving the lavender within the strands of long fur; this would help calm them and eliminate any unwanted stress. The Basil would be used for itching. "[member=3408]Hope Alpenglow[/member], please find me a bowl with hot water, i need to steep these basil leaves," Malak pushed the berries over to the mouth of the Kingpin. "Please try eating these, they'll help with any fever like feelings and reduse sweating. Sweat isn't good for flaking skin.."

Re: all these ch(o)ices >> sick & molting - teef - 03-09-2020

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
THE KINGPIN
[/td][/tr][/table]
rumbling deep in their throat, the dragon gave a low groan, "such strange ways of healing. i should like you to share these ways with a trainee for the days we are so unlucky to not have you close to home, malak.", they utter, letting their long body relax. ears twitching slightly at each caw, they grumbled, talons scratching the ground, itchy and irritated. exhaling, they let out a heavy gust of air, stirring the grasses at the edge of their muzzle.

turning their head slightly as he entangled lavender into their mane, they gave a soft puff of interest, the scent reminding them of their childhood nest. "help with the fever and sweating ...", they rumbled faintly, curling their tongue about the aforementioned berries with a low growl, their muscles aching. "good gods ... that feels so much better. thank you malak, i'm unable to get the scales just below my mane. asteri used to do it for me.", their voice trembled at the mention of a man that they had not had in their life in so very long. pushing the pain aside, the great dragon relaxed once more,
pliant to what was requested of them.

Re: all these ch(o)ices >> sick & molting - EVARHI - 03-11-2020

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRKjDGYXHmjCPTLBBzwZ...blnn-xDnjO]
EVARHI
MALE — ALITHIS & PITT — CUB — TAGS
[div style="background-color: #000000; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: justify; overflow: auto; width: 500px; height: 340px; padding: 10px;"]

It bothered him more than anyone could know that his dad was ill. For a number of reasons this decline of health irked the young boy.

It threatened one thing in his life that was secure. Seeing a parent less than healthy was always disturbing regardless of severity. Not only that but the bully liked to believe he came from invincible and godly creatures. Gods did not become sick. So it made him feel like a fraud, or more so it made others think he was a fraud and it angered him.

He had felt the need to go slash and smash something just to expel the rage building.

He didn’t even want to look at Bai Shi. But he had to, because he loved them. But youthful ignorance would stop him from fully throwing himself in the situation. Besides it seemed that others had it handled