Beasts of Beyond
Dúlamán na binne buí, dúlamán Gaelach ❀ Statue Refreshing - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: Dúlamán na binne buí, dúlamán Gaelach ❀ Statue Refreshing (/showthread.php?tid=11052)

Dúlamán na binne buí, dúlamán Gaelach ❀ Statue Refreshing - RB Graveyard - 01-14-2020

EULOGY - Female - Bengal Tigeress - Tag - [member=8943]Eulogy[/member]
Eulogy was going to clean a statue

The tigress had gotten the task from Miller, though it was an odd task, she payed no mind to it and simply did what she was told. A few hours before she had gone into the neighboring woods and picked out a few branches that would help her reach the moss that had been growing on it. She was a tall being but she wasn't exactly young enough to stretch up that high to get the moss down. Eulogy set the branches down beside the old statue, her paws already quickly going around the base of it to make a couple holes to plant some Ginseng roots. This would help when the transition from winter to spring began and all the pollen fell from the tree, allergies were the worst. Plus, the medics would be happy with a new supply of Ginseng. She didn't know how well it would take though; the ground wasn't exactly perfect soil. The tigress started pulling out the thistles and the dried weeds out from in between the cracks of the deformed marble and stone block.

Throwing the dried weeds and roots into a pile, Eulogy walked over to the western side of the statue were the most cracks were. What could she use to fill them in so they didn't seem so big, and so the statue wouldn't crack any more? Mud maybe? No, mud was brown and didn't go well with the stone. The tigress wasn't about to get stuck again either. With a small chuckle, she continued her thoughts. Sand? Eulogy rolled her eyes; no. Sand and Mud? Maybe. The tigress's eyes lit up as she realized what she needed. To make grey marble dye she'll need a Common sage, Rosemary, and Black Tea poultice but she didn't have any. Her eyes wandered, maybe there was some nearby? Eulogy let her paws carry her around the statue. She needed to fix this statue and she needed to before Leroy or Miller got mad.
OOC: Dúlamán na binne buí, dúlamán Gaelach- Seaweed from the yellow cliff, Irish seaweed

Re: Dúlamán na binne buí, dúlamán Gaelach ❀ Statue Refreshing - wormwood. - 01-15-2020

i was born, on the highway, in a train wreck
with a heart, that was beating, out of my chest
Cleaning up the statue had been an... interesting task to hear Miller assign to Eulogy. Truthfully, Aurum had expected all of the tasks that were handed out to be somehow war or combat related. Truthfully, he knew that wasn't actually practical, but Miller seemed just the type to do such a thing, and maybe Aurum was a little bit bitter about the tasks he and his son had been assigned. However, Aurum couldn't argue that it was a useful task, even if it was one often not thought about. After all, the statue was the main centerpiece of the entire town of Tanglewood, and was something everybody saw while they were just walking around. If it progressively got more and more decrepit and ancient without any upkeep... well, it wouldn't exactly help with morale around camp, now would it? Plus, the lion was definitely pleased that the task wasn't given to him. He didn't have the green thumb of say, Crowley, and to plant things around the statue and make it look pretty? He wasn't quite sure he would be too great at that. Eulogy seemed just the type to do such a thing, considering she seemed like the type to like elegant things... although perhaps he was just reading a bit too much into her polite nature.

Padding over when he noticed Eulogy moving around the statue, Aurum's tail flicked back and forth as he looked up at it. His one good blue eye took in the new state it was in, a faint smile coming to his muzzle. Sure, it wasn't exactly perfect, but Eulogy had done good job so far. When the proxy noticed that Eulogy seemed to be looking around for something, his curiosity was piqued, and he tilted his head to one side. Moving around the statue so that they could talk, Aurum sat back on his haunches before speaking, eying the cracks that marred the base of the statue, "Hello, Eulogy... you're doing a great job with this whole statue thing. Do you need something else for it?" Truthfully, Aurum had absolutely no idea how he would deal with the cracks that were quite clearly going deep into the base of the statue, ruining its beautiful appearance, so hopefully he would be able to help in procuring whatever the newcomer needed.
template by orion

Re: Dúlamán na binne buí, dúlamán Gaelach ❀ Statue Refreshing - RB Graveyard - 01-16-2020

EULOGY - Female - Bengal Tigeress - Tag - [member=8943]Eulogy[/member]
Common sage was the first thing that had caught her ultramarine eyes, but it was wilted. Its green leaves were tainted brown with age and the smell was faint, the violet flowers were now a mushy pale purple. The tigress plucked it anyway, her lips would probably be stained purple, she snickered. The proxy smiled at her, his smile never getting old to her; a warm smile on a big cat was always a good site to see. Eulogy enjoyed Aurum's company; enjoyed his presence. "Hello Aurum," the tigress said and smiled between her now purple lips. "Thank you, your complement is greatly appreciated." Eulogy's eyes the fell back to the ground, now she needed Rosemary..Rosemary couldn't grow in this dense of soil; there was too much clay and mud within the soil and not enough nutrients for the plant to grow. Selby or even Moth might have some.

Eulogy walked over to the Proxy, her tail swaying, she sat and looked up at the statue. "Yes i do infact," Eulogy didn't want to put Aurum anymore trouble but she needed Rosemary. He's probably tired so i hope Selby and Moth aren't too far away. "I need Rosemary for the marbled grey poultice im making so i can fill in the cracks. Could you ask Selby if he has any he could spare? I don't need a lot," Eulogy smiles, her whiskers fraying as she talks. "Maybe only 1 stock at most. While you're there, can you see if he has any bowls? I need something to put hot water in to make the black tea and to make the poultice go on smooth." The tigress let her ears flatten a bit and her tail stoped swaying, was she sending the recovering Proxy on a wild goose chase? She hoped not. "But if your still a bit tired from recovery-" her smile faded. " You don't have to go ask Selby anything; don't even have to move if you don't want to though, Aurum."
OOC: [member=2072]selby roux ![/member]

Re: Dúlamán na binne buí, dúlamán Gaelach ❀ Statue Refreshing - wormwood. - 01-17-2020

i was born, on the highway, in a train wreck
with a heart, that was beating, out of my chest
To know that someone was always happy to see the smile on his face... well, it wouldn't exactly have been new territory for Aurum, who knew he had plenty of family and friends who enjoyed seeing a smile on his mug, but it still would've made him happy. Eulogy was still fairly new in the group, and Aurum prided himself on making a good first impression, ever since he had started to see social interaction as not a nuisance, but a treat. Occasionally he worried that he came on too strong, but for the most part he was fairly sure he had found a delicate balance between being a dedicated and professional proxy and also a warm and welcoming face when someone first showed up. And sure, when Eulogy had first shown up, it was a little hard to make too much of an impression, considering she had ended up stuck in the thick and vicious muck of the swamp. Still, they had managed to help her out, and he was glad to see her out and about like this, his one blue eye following her as she looked around, plucking up plants for whatever she was doing. It was fascinating, and he found himself smiling when she happily accepted his compliment.

Listening intently, Aurum found himself nodding his head along as Eulogy detailed her request. Rosemary, and a bowl. That wasn't too hard. Aurum wasn't exactly sure where Selby kept his supplies, considering the only time he ever saw them was in the event of an emergency, but he also knew where the male could likely be found now. Dipping his head, Aurum said with a warm chuckle, "Don't worry, Eulogy. I'm feeling fine. Besides, I need to do a bit of moving around to recover anyways. I'll go try to find Selby." He appreciated the concern, but he also knew that his chest was beginning to heal and scar over, and the only way to truly recover after a while of not doing anything was to start out slow. So, he turned and took a few steps, jumping up and giving a flap of his wings. He slowly flew his way over to the house he knew Selby to often be in, knocking his paw gently against the door as his strong voice rumbled, "Selby? You in there? I need some rosemary... and perhaps a bowl." It might've seemed like an odd request, especially coming from the proxy, but if Selby needed more info, it wasn't as if Aurum couldn't provide it.

[member=2072]selby roux ![/member]
template by orion