Beasts of Beyond
supermarket flowers / o, joining - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: supermarket flowers / o, joining (/showthread.php?tid=1089)

supermarket flowers / o, joining - Character Graveyard. - 05-03-2018

COLD NOSTALGIA
[div style="width: 518px; margin-left: 30px; margin-right: auto; margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 0px; text-align: justify; padding: 10px; font-size: 12px; color: #b1bed3; line-height: 110%"]//Warning: The second paragraph has a small spoiler, so ignore it if you haven't seen Infinity War yet! <3

It was a quiet morning when the female had approached the border of Snowbound. Shivering and limping due to a large wound on one of her hind legs, Natasha grit her teeth as she forced herself to take a seat. She hated being in the body of this.. Wolf. She had a fluffy black-coat and bright yellow eyes.

Before she had come here, she couldn't remember much but she remembered the moment she had left her original world. Thanos had snapped his fingers once and one by one, everyone began to disappear, as if they were only dust particles. It wasn't painful, yet she hated the feeling of disappearing completely.
© madi

Re: supermarket flowers / o, joining - melantha - 05-03-2018

[align=center][div style="max-width: 600px; text-align: justify; font-family: verdana; font-size: 9pt;"]Melantha has only ever been who she is. A mountain lion. A hunter. A predator. She cannot relate to the experience of leaving one body in exchange for another, or falling from the world of gods into the world of mortals. The young female is perfectly normal and fantastically mundane. No powers. No switching bodies. No people praying at her alter. She is a huntress, and so she lives amid nature whilst adhering to her natural calling. It is strange to her to witness animals consuming human food or speaking of living among those two-legged monsters. It is even stranger to see people control the elements and manipulate their appearance how they see fit. Melantha was much happier back home where things were normal and easy to understand. But home is miles upon miles away and she is stranded in the winter wonderland that is Snowbound, so she does her best to adjust. Granted, it is rather slow-going--Melantha is particularly resistant to change. Stubborn might be a better word.

The scent of a stranger lures the young predator to the border. She approaches silently, carefully altering her trajectory to keep herself downwind of the unknown person. Melantha creeps closer and closer, pausing a fair distance away to peer through the cover of the foliage so to observe the unfamiliar animal. A black wolf. Yellow eyes. Female. Wounded. Assured that the other person posed no immediate threat, Mel finally reveals herself, stepping silently through the trees. "Who are you and what is your business here?" she questions in a cold tone. The youth is not being unfriendly, just professional. She takes no chances when it comes to interacting with strangers, and wastes no time getting down to business. She is not one for flowery words and beating around the bush. Other can take it as they will, but Mel is simply ensuring the safety of the people she lives with. She can afford to be sloppy and accidentally allow a serial killer to join their ranks. That puts everyone at risk.

Sagacious olive green eyes flicker across the she-wolf's figure, hovering momentarily over the wound as a thoughtful expression flickers across her plain visage. "I can patch that up if you would like," she offers, though it is clear from her tone that such a thing will only occur once Natasha has proven that she is not a threat. "Nothing fancy, but enough to hold you over until a proper medic can examine it." See? Mel is not heartless. She's just paranoid.

Re: supermarket flowers / o, joining - jacob w.c. - 05-04-2018

WHAT A PRIVILEGE IT IS TO LOVE — Jacob had never been to any other worlds, although sometimes the city compared to Snowbound felt like one. Here, there was no lingering smog and the air was so clear. Of course, it would be if he didn't still smell smoke. Despite all the progress he made, that still lingered. It wasn't constant anymore but it was often enough to frustrate him. He wished he could just banish his hallucinations and his nightmares and all the terrible things that'd happened but he knew he couldn't do that. The recovery was process was long and he'd accepted the fact that he might never really get better. It might just be like it was now, where there were good days and bad days and he was forced to fight through the bad ones and treasure the good ones because he didn't know when they'd end. He knew that his legs in particular only had so long before they'd give out. He'd been collapsing more lately than he ever had before and he'd took longer every single day to get up and out of his cavern. He was lucky to have Harrison with him, who encouraged him to push himself further. He wasn't sure that was the best thing for his health but it made him go out and live the life he had.

Jacob had just been out on a walk, trying to stretch his decaying legs when he heard Melantha's voice. She sounded... aggressive but that wasn't new. She always seemed to be on guard, much like Killua. Jacob supposed he was too but in a more passive way. He was careful about what information he gave but he wasn't one to get ready for a fight. He didn't see much of a point to doing so seeing as he'd lose whatever fight he approached anyway. He came beside Mel and looked towards the stranger with a light smile. She didn't seem to be posing any kind of threat so he hoped to even our Mel's apprehension with his more gentle demeanor. However, his expression quickly turned to one of concern when he looked to her leg. "Actually, I can take care ah' tha' righ' now. Did ya' get in some kinda' fight before gettin' 'ere? M' name's Jacob, by the way," he asked, standing and moving closer to her hesitantly, unsure if she'd want him to start working on it immediately. —A GREAT HONOR TO HOLD YOU UP

"SPEECH"

Re: supermarket flowers / o, joining - COSMIIX - 05-04-2018

[align=center]
[I][b]you made me a
believer         
[B][I]HOPING MY FEELINGS THEY WOULD DROWN BUT, THEY NEVER DID, EVER LIVED, EBBING AND FLOWING
[div style="width:490px; margin-top:5px; text-align:justify; font-family: times; font-size:11.5px; color: black"]Making his own way over, the melanistic tiger would angle his ears forward deciding to just watch from the side with a blink of warm-coffee bean hued pools taking in the appearance of the dark pelted she-wolf. She seemed to be roughed up but he wouldn't know by whom so he blinked for a moment, he had never been to any different universes. The only memories that he had from his past was of being a leader, his own kids hating his guts, and meeting the "love" of his life if he was able to call Steve that. He would take a seat curling his striped tail around his large forepaws shedding only an ounce of concern in those usually warm brown eyes of his.

Re: supermarket flowers / o, joining - Character Graveyard. - 05-04-2018

COLD NOSTALGIA
[div style="width: 518px; margin-left: 30px; margin-right: auto; margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 0px; text-align: justify; padding: 10px; font-size: 12px; color: #b1bed3; line-height: 110%"]Natasha would describe herself as a someone with the ability to kill without feeling remorse. An assassin. When she had been a small child- her parents had passed in a horrific fire and she had been found by agents, who trained her to be a natural killer. In her past lifetime, she had killed many, too many to count.

But that life was over. The she-wolf wouldn't lift a paw to hurt another, unless to defend herself or to protect a loved one. Or that's what she had promised someone. Someone she'd left behind in her original universe. Noticing Mel slowly emerging from the shadows of the foliage, the canine would observe the other's movements- ensuring that she wasn't a threat either. "My name is Blackwidow Romanoff, but Natasha is fine. I'm here to join."

Noticing Melantha gazing her injury on her hind leg, she bristle slightly. Weakness wasn't something she liked showing. Being hurt, even just a little, could probably lead to some unwanted outcomes. But at the lioness' question, Nat allowed her pelt to relax and lower. "That would nice, I suppose." The female would open her mouth to speak once more but Jacob arrived on the scene before she could.

"Yes, I was. I'd explain what happened but I doubt that any of you would happen to believe me. It is a long story too." She would take a step backward, in her discomfort when Jacob got a tad bit closer. "Oh, um, that'd be alright. A pleasure, Jacob."

Before she knew it, there was another person on the scene. How many of them were there? Hundreds? Maybe thousands? And why did the male seem so familiar yet she had never seen him before? Maybe it was just the way she felt. After all- she had dissolved into a million pieces before she faded away into nothingness.
© madi

Re: supermarket flowers / o, joining - arcy - 05-05-2018

Izuku had been human, once. It felt like a lifetime ago, honestly -- really, it'd just been what, four months? A lot was different, now, but at least he wasn't alone. He knew a few people from his home universe that'd come here, though the only one that was actually here was Aizawa. That was fine -- Izuku was fine as was.
And, well, technically Izuku isn't supposed to be out here. Weak, blinded, he kept on tripping and was ... probably very prone to getting attacked. But, well, Izuku was a stubborn, restless little thing, and he didn't like to listen to logic or orders or anything. Which is how Izuku finds himself doing his best to make his way over to the scene he hears somewhere over that way, preferably without tripping. He does get there eventually, movements clumsy as he takes a place ... somewhere near Jacob? Izuku isn't sure how big the gap is, but he's there.
"Welcome to Snowbound, N-Natasha!" The young Tenderfoot chirps, tail wagging as he does his very best to grin at the wolf. He fails in this endeavor, since he definitely can't see right now and he's barely facing the right direction as is. The attempt is still clear, however. Hearing Natasha say that nobody would believe her made him kind of ... upset, though. Not angry upset, just sad. He got the same feeling -- he wasn't able to talk about his past with anybody but Aizawa or Todoroki, when he'd still been around. His story was ... pretty bizarre, even keeping in mind everything about clan life. Izuku does not say as such, however, as that'd draw attention to him, and that's not what he needs in life right now. "I'm Izuku," Izuku adds somewhat belatedly, head tilting oddly. He'd probably offer to help Jacob, being a Tenderfoot, but, as Izuku must emphasize to himself pretty much every minute, he can't see. He barely even knows what wound everyone is talking about, and that's only from the smell of blood. It seems pretty nasty, based on blood alone, so he hopes she hasn't had the wound too terribly long.

[align=center]
☀☀☀

Re: supermarket flowers / o, joining - melantha - 05-07-2018

[align=center][div style="max-width: 600px; text-align: justify; font-family: verdana; font-size: 9pt;"]Like Natasha, Melantha possesses the ability to kill. Unlike Natasha, however, she is unable to do it without remorse. Mel follows a morally grey lifestyle. Most days, she does her best to be "good." But sometimes it is necessary to lie, cheat, and steal. Even kill. Killing for food and in the name of defense are commonplace, especially in the Wilds. Killing for justice is less common, but mostly excusable depending on the circumstances even if it's technically still murder. Regardless, there is no way that she can bring herself to kill an innocent person without reason. She believes that there is always an alternative; a better way. Even so, Melantha is not the sort of person to judge a person who kills for sport, as long as the prey are some sort of scumbag. But never, ever, will she condone infanticide. That is where she draws the line. Children do not deserve to die, especially those who have not even lived long enough to be corrupted by the world.

Jacob's offer to take over the medical aspects brings a sigh of relief to Melantha's ebony lips. She does not mind patching the she-wolf up, but Mel really is not too keen on getting up close and personal to a stranger. The less she has to do, the better. "Go right ahead, Jacob," the cougaress drawls, taking a step back to allow the chief to inspect the wounds or whatever. Relieved of her almost-duty of healing, Melantha listens to the rest of Natasha's response. An unbelievable and long backstory, huh? The young female nearly smirks, but maintains her neutral expression. "Don't worry about it. I didn't want to hear it anyways," she shrugs. The remark is delivered bluntly, but it was intended as a "do not worry, I do not intend to pry into private affairs." But it is also incredibly honest in the fact that it is evident by her expression that she really doesn't want to hear it, even if the reason is less brutally honest than its delivery.

"Well, welcome to Snowbound, Natasha," she is getting bored. It is evident in the way the sleek predator constantly shifts her weight, anxious to get moving again. Socializing is not her idea of passing the time, although she can acknowledge that it is important to meet everyone who wanders past the borders.

Re: supermarket flowers / o, joining - jacob w.c. - 05-07-2018

WHAT A PRIVILEGE IT IS TO LOVE — Jacob listened to Natasha and was about to reply when he heard Izuku. His heart jumped in his chest and immediate worry covered the husky's features. "I thought ya' were restin', Izuku," it was impossible to hide the concern from Jacob's voice when he addressed the boy but he had to put his attention back to Natasha when he heard her response. He moved forward but then hesitated again before speaking, "Sorry, did ya' mean alright like 's alright tha' I take care ah' ya' or alright like you're alright n' ya' don' want me ta' bother with it? 'Cause I think ya' should at least get tha' patched up," he answered, feeling his face flush in embarrassment when he asked the question. Maybe he just hadn't been paying close enough attention to what she said. When she mentioned her backstory, he opened his mouth to respond before he heard Mel's response. It was a bit callous but Natasha didn't seem to want to share anything anyway. "Ya' can share as li'l or as much as ya' want," he assured the woman before pausing a moment and adding, "Also, I can show ya' back ta' our camp. Ya' shouldn' stay out in this cold for too long."  —A GREAT HONOR TO HOLD YOU UP

"SPEECH"