Beasts of Beyond
What kinds of events do you want to see? - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Helpful Hub (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: What kinds of events do you want to see? (/showthread.php?tid=10820)

What kinds of events do you want to see? - tikki - 12-06-2019

[align=center][div style="width:60%;overflow:auto;font-family:verdana;font-size:11px;text-align:justify"]Hi hi!

Staff are trying to figure out more types of events we could do. Optional ones, of course, like the current winter event going on ( more to come ), and the CDC I hosted in October, and were wondering if any of you guys had ideas of things you'd want to see in 2020!

Of course there will still be group events that are hosted and talk about by the group leaders like the big raid that happened that involve everyone, but we also want to try and have more fun little things in between.

Re: What kinds of events do you want to see? - toboggan - 12-11-2019

is the island in an active seismic zone

because an earthquake that shook the whole island would affect each of the groups differently

the typhoon could suffer a horrible tsunami, as well as another volcanic eruption.

elysium's mountain range could be greatly modified, as mountains can collapse due to earthquakes, and new ones can get created.

falling trees would act as a destructive threat in tanglewood - the swamp could flood as well, which would cause the local gator population to expand its territory.

the stone infrastructure in the pitt would be ruptured, and incredible dust clouds would be created.

collapsed buildings and structures would mean that groups would have to rebuild, which in turn would mean a change in scenery and perhaps new points of interest. plots would be born as tribemates are forced to help one another. groups might even assist each other.

idk think it's high time for a mass destruction plot. who doesnt like mass destruction plots.

Re: What kinds of events do you want to see? - Janoobus - 12-11-2019

(12-11-2019, 02:56 PM)toboggan link Wrote:
idk think it's high time for a mass destruction plot. who doesnt like mass destruction plots.

I agree I agree I agree I agree 1000000000% percent!!

Re: What kinds of events do you want to see? - Misty - 12-11-2019

[align=center][div style="width: 570px; line-height: 1.2; text-align: justify; font-family: palatino; font-size: 12px;"]Seconding thirding? some natural disasters ^^

I enjoy prompt-based writing as well, so more of those type of events are good.

Other plots I remember enjoying elsewhere include groupwide famines or plagues gee all of these are dark which could encourage others helping each other, or even backstabbing or ignoring each other.

Groupwide competitions are also fun.  Like Olympic style stuff? Idk.

Re: What kinds of events do you want to see? - aureate - 12-14-2019

[align=center][div style="width: 500px; text-align: justify; font-family: helvetica; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 1.4;"]Though I think destruction could be good for singular groups, I would honestly prefer plots that had a higher chance of drawing groups into more detailed conflicts, alliances, etc. It seems like groups simply go through the motions (on every roleplay site, not just this one), and honest tension and drama with long-term repercussions and political scheming would be a lot more interesting to me than territory plots.

For example, pitting two groups against each other with staged murders, etc. Putting tension on mutual allies to pick a side, characters trying to mend relations between the groups and being branded traitors, all that stuff. Just,,, politics. I love politics adlsfkhj.

I'd also love something revolving around powers. A temporary sitewide loss of powers that people have to group together to solve, some characters thinking the world's better off without the powers and trying to prevent that, etc.