Beasts of Beyond
WHAT A DAY ☆ o, hunting - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: WHAT A DAY ☆ o, hunting (/showthread.php?tid=10772)

WHAT A DAY ☆ o, hunting - redvox. - 11-29-2019

REDVOX "VINNY" ABRAMO - cis male - goat-bat hybrid - harbinger
[Image: pEeXKGc.png]
Alright, so maybe Vinny had missed Thanksgiving. He would be the first to admit that he had been a bit stupid, and it had led to him missing the actual day of Thanksgiving, and thus been unable to prepare some nice meal for it. However, that didn't mean that they couldn't have some sort of nice meal after the day of Thanksgiving.to celebrate just being thankful for their nice new territory and the Halls in general. That did, of course, mean that they would need some sort of food to eat at this meal, and Vox had figured that a nice big rabbit would make the perfect main course. The best place I in the territory of the Halls to find rabbits was the Rolling Ridge Hills, in the far south corner of the territory. The hills were tall and had lots of huge areas with wide open grass that was prime for hunting on, if a bit difficult. However, the area wasn't exactly a widely used place for hunting because of the fact that it had plenty of dangers that came with it. There were mountain lions, poisonous snakes, and all sorts of different threats that just loved roaming the hills, which made it so that they were only used when someone really really wanted some good food. This was one of those scenarios, since Vinny really doubted that anyone wanted some substandard piece of random meat to be their main course at a feast celebrating their new group, right? At least, he hoped not, since he certainly didn't want that.

Knowing that he shouldn't go into the hills all on his own, especially with the difficulties with hunting that he had, Vox found himself sitting outside the front windows of the fortress, clearing his throat before calling out loudly, "Hey! Does anybody wanna come with me 'n' go huntin' out on the hills? I can't really do it on m'own, 'n' there's some really good prey out there! I was figurin' we could 'ave some sort of big meal in order ta celebrate us all bein' together here f'over a month. So if ya want t'come along, please feel free to!" He really hoped at least a couple of others would join him, since he didn't particularly want to get killed by a mountain lion, or come back with absolutely nothing to show for his efforts – he wouldn't be a particularly impressive harbinger then, now would he?

Re: WHAT A DAY ☆ o, hunting - fulzanin - 12-02-2019

ASLISK - wyvern - powers - halls of hiraeth - sentinel - hot shot
I GET MY WAY THROUGH GENOCIDE 'CAUSE FREAKS LIKE YOU JUST WASTE MY TIME

Hunting was something Aslisk deemed herself good at. Almost as good at hunting as she was at the task of murder. They were somewhat one and the same. Both involved ending the life of someone; hunting was just the more acceptable version of the task. The wyvern was used to hunting in a different body. The body that she had been created in, the one designed for the express purpose of killing, was very efficient for that task. She had three sharp teeth for tearing into veins, talons to grip down, horns to impale, and spikes to poison. This body, the body of a wyvern, was still deadly spare not being in the same ways. She still had horns, still had sharp teeth, still had talons, but her spikes were no longer poisonous. How degrading. She hated it, hated the fact that the spikes could not even detach from her tail and be used as projectiles. It irritated Aslisk severely, and irritation crafted a sour mood to the vicious carnivore.

"A big meal, you said? Bigger than lusluing squirrels and rabbits?" There was a devious tone of delight in the wyvern's voice as she approached. Her horns were glowing from the heat that her ability to produce flames was creating. There was still the inability to control said ability. The fire that came from the spikes of her tail failed to yield, and the same was true for her horns. The flames that crackled from her wings were the weakest of the flames, but even they grew a little too hot for comfort when she was moving around and oxygen was added to the flames. A grin was present on Aslisk's scarred and burnt face. "I will happily go out and find bigger food than what everyone around here usually brings in." Despite her severely injured state, Aslisk seemed entirely convinced that she was fit to hunt something fierce. Her red eyes gleamed with a sense of determination, a sense of near spite as well. Her weight shifted, talons curling into the dirt as if she imagined such was the flesh of soon to be caught prey. The wyvern did not comment about Redvox admitting to be surpar at hunting. Instead she seemed far too eager to sink her teeth into something, and her flaming tail quivered behind her in a way that conveyed her excitement.

TAGS 11/19/19: