Beasts of Beyond
PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CAKE — TWO TRUTHS ONE LIE - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CAKE — TWO TRUTHS ONE LIE (/showthread.php?tid=1059)

PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CAKE — TWO TRUTHS ONE LIE - JERSEYBOY - 05-02-2018

[align=center][div style="borderwidth=0px; width: 55%; color: black; line-height:115%; text-align: justify;font-family:arial;"]Ah, here he was again. The magical whirlwind of crisp snow and bitter winds greeted him with a tight embrace, reminding him that the weather here was just as damn freezing as the city was. Wasn't it May or something? Hopefully things would start warming up soon. Perhaps not as hot and humid as the tropics, but cruising a high-sixties temperature would suffice. He didn't much appreciate having freezing-cold paws all the time. That was one of the reasons why he had left Snowbound to travel around for a few weeks and explore new territories. Tanglewood had been a more mucky environment, but it was cool meeting new people. He had tired of it quickly, though, so he found himself meandering over to his brother's place. Apparently, he was leading the place now. Maybe Jersey would have more privileges this way? After all, leaders could pretty much do whatever the fuck they desired.

It was around noon, and Jerseyboy had woken up a few minutes ago. After he wolfed some food down his throat and snuck in a few swigs of whisky, he figured that he should do something. The tuxedo tom seated himself outside of the cave, the pale sunlight bouncing off of his obsidian pelt. "Ey, facciabrutts[sup]1[/sup]. Get ova' here if you wanna play two truths, one lie." Party games? He could roll with those. Plus, it could be a good way to meet the new people that he might have missed when he was gone.

1. Ugly faces

Re: PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CAKE — TWO TRUTHS ONE LIE - pallid-i - 05-03-2018

Harrison wobbled over, stepping and tripping on the blanket that was wrapped around his neck. The kit couldn't stand the cold, so he had made a temporary fix to the problem: wrapping a blanket around himself.
He looked up at Jersey and tilted his head to the side. Who was this person? "Hello mister! I'm Harrison Wi... Wickliff! Who are you?" He left out the Corleone part of his name because the child still had a hard time trying to pronounce it, but it was okay. He would learn how to say it eventually.
i couldn't even keep you

Re: PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CAKE — TWO TRUTHS ONE LIE - JERSEYBOY - 05-03-2018

[align=center][div style=“borderwidth=0px; width: 45%; color: black; line-height:115%; text-align: justify”]// mobile

The tuxedo tom flickered his green gaze upon the small kitten, his chin tilting downward so that he could steal a better view towards him. He was a pretty cute kid, he would admit that. However, he would never expect the next words to come out of his mouth: Harrison Wickliff. He furrowed his figurative brows. “Harrison Wickliff?” Jerseyboy echoed, trying to comprehend this. That.. that was impossible. Harrison was dead, long dead. There was no way that the goddamn hick that raised Jacob was alive and in the body of a little kitten. Besides, if he were the real Harrison, then he would remember him. Harry never liked Jerseyboy much, and Jersey never liked him. He was just that neighborhood troublemaker who always tried to get Jacob in on his rebellious schemes, and needless to say, nobody really approved of him influencing their kids.

So, the male snorted, “You’re pullin’ my leg. Did Jacob tell you to say that?” The Husky was probably playing a joke on him, but Jerseyboy was far too smart for that. How much of an idiot did he think he was? He made bad decisions, but Jerseyboy could state the obvious when he saw it.

Re: PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CAKE — TWO TRUTHS ONE LIE - jacob w.c. - 05-03-2018

WHAT A PRIVILEGE IT IS TO LOVE — Jacob smiled as he heard his big brother's voice and then even more as he saw his son scamper towards the older man. Jacob came up behind the pair at his own, fairly slow pace and settled down as he heard Jersey's question. "It ain't a joke, Jersey. His full name's Harrison Wickliff Corleone. We're still workin' on the Italian but 'm sure he'll get it. 'E's related ta' Vito, after all. 'E still gets on my pronunciation, 'm sure he'll teach Harry when they meet if you n' I don' do it first," he answered. He paused for a moment before adding, "I named 'im after Pa." He supposed that should be fairly obvious but it didn't hurt to throw it in there. Jacob's gaze then dropped to his son and smiled, looking between him and Jerseyboy. "Harrison, this is your uncle, your zio, Jerseyboy. 'E's my big brother, my fratello,  so tha' makes 'im your zio," he explained for the little boy. He wasn't going to get into how Jerseyboy was his adopted brother, especially since Harrison himself was adopted so he wasn't really related to any of them. Still, the lack of blood relation had never made Jerseyboy any less of a brother and he didn't expect anything less from his relationship with Harrison.  —A GREAT HONOR TO HOLD YOU UP

Re: PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CAKE — TWO TRUTHS ONE LIE - pallid-i - 05-03-2018

He nodded as his name was repeated, though when Jersey asked him if Jacob had told him to say that, he tilted his head. "My pa didn't tell me anything.. What do you mean? Is pa here? Did he try talking to me?" The kit jumped up and looked around, fur bristling. Did he ignore his dad? Had he said something important? Harrison made a little noise and then looked back at Jerseyboy, eyes wide. "Did I do something wrong...?" Though when he saw his father, he huddled close to him. "I'm sorry if I ignored you, pa!! I didn't mean to, honest!" He fell silent when his dad revealed this was his uncle he had been talking to. He quickly looked over to Jersey and stared at him, then back at Jacob. "Zio!" Harrison said excitedly before wobbling closer to Jersey and sniffing him. Why did he have a different scent?
i couldn't even keep you

Re: PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CAKE — TWO TRUTHS ONE LIE - JERSEYBOY - 05-04-2018

[align=center][div style="borderwidth=0px; width: 55%; color: black; line-height:115%; text-align: justify;font-family:arial;"]Jerseyboy's dumbfounded gaze locked onto Jacob and tracked him as he made his way over towards the duo (now making it a trio). He was expecting the leader to laugh in his face and claim responsibility for the joke, but it turned out that it wasn't a joke at all. Harrison Wickliff Corleone. The male interjected, "Whoa, whoa —" He inched closer to Jacob and whispered up towards him, "... You got a kid? When were you plannin' to tell me this?" Jersey was almost annoyed that Jacob didn't tell him sooner. This obviously wasn't his biological son (how could it be?) but it was still a pretty big deal.

When the kitten approached him, the tuxedo tom flicked his ears back and pulled his paw away from the curious nose of Harrison. "Ey, why you sniffin' me, kid?" It wasn't a defensive tone as much as it was curious. He was also curious about this kitten in general, as he was now apparently his uncle. This was certainly news to him, as he had never been an uncle before. This could either turn out horribly for him, or who knows? Maybe he'd end up being the coolest uncle this kid could ever dream of.

Re: PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CAKE — TWO TRUTHS ONE LIE - pallid-i - 05-04-2018

"You smell, zio!" He said while taking a step back and looking up at him with a big grin. He obviously didn't mean it in a bad way, but it could be taken like that. He then looked back over to Jacob, beginning to shiver a little bit. "Why was my zio gone? Where did he go?" Harrison was a nosy little thing, but you couldn't really blame him for it, right? He was a kitten, and kittens were just naturally curious. Though.. If Jerseyboy ever left again, the kit would surely try to follow him just to feel adventurous.
i couldn't even keep you

Re: PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CAKE — TWO TRUTHS ONE LIE - melantha - 05-04-2018

[align=center][div style="max-width: 600px; text-align: justify; font-family: verdana; font-size: 9pt;"]"Have you ever considered that animals use scent to identify others?"

The voice cold, perhaps even colder than the mountainous breeze which sweeps across the empty tundras. Melantha appears in the midst of the commotion, drawn to the sound of voices. Also, she just really likes being around Jacob. He reminds her of her family back home; of course, she would rather die before she ever admitted it. Piercing green eyes regard Jerseyboy with mild interest, but her plain visage displays only a faint disgust. Not because she doesn’t like the look of him—he is rather handsome for a small fry—but because he smells like smoke and alcohol. Melantha is new to clan life and the infatuation for human indulgences, but she has lived here long enough to identify when someone is a smokestack. Harrison might not thing Jersey’s scent is a bad thing, but the lionheart certainly does. She does not even bother to hide it.

The young female glances over at Jacob curiously. "He is your brother?" she clarifies. All the foreign words being thrown around are difficult to grasp, and although she thinks that she understands, Mel prefers to check. Perhaps she is even disbelieving that Jake is somehow related to the tiny, stinking feline. She glances back at Jerseyboy, figuring that she might as well introduce herself. "My name is Melantha." It’s clear that she’s being polite, and not, at all, friendly. Mel is normally slow to trust, but today she is downright cold. Jersey does not present as someone that she can trust, or grow to trust, so she isn’t gen trying to like him.

Re: PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CAKE — TWO TRUTHS ONE LIE - JERSEYBOY - 05-06-2018

[align=center][div style="borderwidth=0px; width: 55%; color: black; line-height:115%; text-align: justify;font-family:arial;"]A hint of amusement escaped into Jerseyboy's gaze as Harrison commented on his smell. He knew that he smelled bad to some people — he received comments like that whenever he met anyone new. "Oh yeah? I smell good?" He teased. His gaze followed him as he wandered over near Jacob again, and he answered, "I just had places to be, eh?" It was simple as that. People to meet, places to go, sights to see... He couldn't just stay cooped up here forever.

A cutting, icy voice fell upon his ears, and Jerseyboy was immediately alerted to it. What he found was a cougar — a young one at that, but a cougar nonetheless — looking upon him with an expression of slight revulsion. It was evident that she wasn't very impressed by him, but hey, that had yet to formally meet. Maybe in time, he'd charm his way into her good graces. Besides, what reason was there not to? She was a cute little thing, if he did say so himself. "Yeah, I am." Not by relation, of course, but it was close enough in his eyes. Blood wasn't who you were born with, and he was sure that lots of people could attest to that.

He perked his triangular ears, swiveling them in Melantha's direciton. So, that was her name. Her tone was still as cold as the damn Antarctic, but he was determined to get through to her. Maybe it was his relentlessness. His determination. His knack for pushing peoples buttons. "Name's Jerseyboy." He introduced himself as well, though didn't add any "comments" or anything beyond that. He knew what kind of girl he was dealing with, and hurling flirtatious attempts towards them simply wouldn't work.

Jersey instead turned to address the whole group, "Whaddya' say we play, huh? We could, uh, learn somethin' about each otha'." On that last note, he gave a small glance towards Melantha, as if trying to mentally take a jab at her.

Re: PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CAKE — TWO TRUTHS ONE LIE - pallid-i - 05-07-2018

When Jersey asked if he smelled good, Harrison found himself thinking over it. The kitten finally came to the conclusion that his uncle smelled weird, though he didn't say anything out loud so he wouldn't come off as rude. So when Melantha came over, the kit scampered over to her and attempted to pounce on her paw, giggling. "Hi Melantha!" The child greeted her warmly, tail wagging furiously.
i couldn't even keep you