Beasts of Beyond
life in the big city! [open] - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Pitt (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: life in the big city! [open] (/showthread.php?tid=10545)

life in the big city! [open] - Crackers - 10-08-2019

FOURTHWALL & GLITCHHOP
BLACK-GOLD MOTTLED HELLHOUND / BROWN-GOLD MOTTLED HELLHOUND
MALE - 22 - SOCIAL & VIOLENT / FEMALE - 17 - OBEDIENT & CHEERFUL - THE PITT

The Pitts camp. It was a place that had come to mean a lot to Fourth in the passing months. It was a metropolis now compared to what it once had been, and just as often as he could be found wandering the borders he could be found here in the center of it all. The ground where the pyramids met was a bustling and lively place that time of day, the vendors all out looking to make trades or sales, families and collectors wandering the many stalls and carts. Fourth wasn't much of a buyer. Every now and then something would catch his eye and he'd indulge, but for the most part the Marauder just liked the general vibe of the place. It was bright and alive and loud, and he'd even picked up a side job for one of the vendors.

You see, Fourth was a big guy, a wolf-lion hybrid, and to keep up that muscle mass after all the workouts and patrols and chores he needed access to good food. And Fourth loved his food. Meat was obviously his favorite, weather it was barbecued, dried out, in a stew- it didn't fucking matter to him. He'd never been much of a cook though, and so it only made sense that when down in the camps central station that the vendors he'd be most drawn to would be the food carts. One in particular was owned by a pair of raccoon siblings, and damn could they make a good meal. They had a few good suppliers for their ingredients already, but the pair were a fair bunch and they let Fourth pay for his meals with fresh meat.

"Hey Dom, is Raegan around?" he'd call as he made his way over to the familiar setup. They had a pair of those big old caravan wagons that were pulled by a couple of steers. Dom was usually in the front caravan, where the food was prepared and served by him, and he was one hell of a cook. His sister, Raegan, was the business end of the pair, generally obtaining and purchasing the various ingredient her brother would need. She was also the butcher, which was the purpose of the second caravan.

"Yeah she's around back, go ahead." he'd say with a welcoming nod before turning back to a customer.

Fourth didn't dally, and went on around the back toward the second caravan. "Hey Raegan, your delivery boy'ss here!" he'd call with a grin, her face soon appearing from the back of the second wagon.

"Right on time, Fourth! Looks like you bagged a good one today." she said as Fourth lifted the deer onto the back of the vehicle. "Yup. Caught it while out on patrol, she's all yours."

"Thanks! You can take that sac over there as your payment. It's jerky from that cow you brought in, just finished it this morning. Still cann't believe you stole that guys prized cow." she chuckled, stepping aside so Fourth could grab his prize and hop back out. "That guy was an asshole. Fuck him." he'd smirk. "See you tomorrow." "Okay. Stay out of trouble!"

Making his way back out into the crowd, Fourth would pad through the streets until he came to his usual eating spot- a grassy little piece of shade under a cluster of tightly growing trees just on the edge of the bustling street. Making himself comfortable he'd pull the bag open and begin to happily munch away, glad she'd given him so much- it was a pretty big bag after all, but then again, it had been a pretty big cow.

WELCOME TO THE NARCISISM,
WE'RE UNITED UNDER OUR INDIFFERENCE

"Fourthwall/neutral/Glitchhop"
♡♡♡
tags

Re: life in the big city! [open] - redvox. - 10-09-2019

Re: life in the big city! [open] - Crackers - 10-10-2019

FOURTHWALL & GLITCHHOP

While it may have come off as surprising to many giving his rough exterior, Fourth was completely on board with Vinnys sentiment in regards to friendship. While he was a monster no doubt, Fourth was relentlessly social. It was the core purpose of him being in a clan to begin with, and it fueled most of the things he did. A Fourthwall that was unable to socialize was a restless and dangerous Fourthwall, and nobody really wanted that.

It was why he didn't mind when the gat that was shadowing him suddenly made themselves comfortable on his little patch of green, and why the words that came in response were- while crude as ever- casual and amiable. "Yeah, Raegan and Dom are great. I toss them some fresh meat and they give me my meals for free." he explained, scarffing down another tasty piece of jerky. "I'm sure the fact that they have fingers has something to do with it, but their by far the best cooks in the square." he'd add with a grin, pushing the bag toward the other hybrid to offer him a piece. It was simple terriyaki jerky, not spicy and with a bit of sweetness to it. Fourth wasn't picky by far when it came to food, but this was definitely some good shit.

♡♡♡
tags

Re: life in the big city! [open] - redvox. - 10-11-2019

Re: life in the big city! [open] - Crackers - 10-13-2019

FOURTHWALL & GLITCHHOP

Fourth smiled in approval as the gat began happily munching away on the jerky, and he left the bag where it sat between them, pulling another piece for himself. "Yeah, I was the same way for a long time. Most of the clans I grew up in didn't really practice any actually cooking and since raw is fine to a carnivore anyways it wasn't really something I really got into until I joined up with a totally new grew a while back. There was a cook in the castle there that made great meals for everyone in the hall, banquet style, so now im kind of spoiled with it." he'd explain with a laugh. And that was pretty much the truth. He would still eat what he had to uncooked, but whenever the chance arose to have what he now considered 'real' food, he took it. Fruit was another growing habbit on him, anything sweet really. Fuck, he was just a fatass without the fat part. "They bake, too. I swear if they don't have gingerbread cookies for christmas I'll be pissed."

A totally random thing for a wold monster to say? Oh yeah. But Fourth was full of surprises. "So, hows it been with you- settling in well and stuff?"

♡♡♡
tags

Re: life in the big city! [open] - redvox. - 10-14-2019

Re: life in the big city! [open] - ARGUS - 10-15-2019

"[glow=#cc3232,2,300]that's good to hear, Redvox,[/glow]" Argus could be quiet when they needed to be, but cutting into the conversation now before they got spotted seemed to be a better alternative than to be found out by either of the two later in discussion. THe dragon shifted from their own resting spot- within a nearby tree they entangled themselves to the shade: testing out their own claws against the bark in climbing was an easier feat than it used to be: they were getting better - getting used to their new form.

with a bit of maneuvering and a quick spread of wings, argus landed within the small resting spot of the pair, deciding to stand for the time being as they entered the conversation. "[glow=#cc3232,2,300]I used to live in a place that took to the tree's like the pitt, but that was a while ago.[/glow]" Argus decided their words carefully, knowing how violent the pitt allowed some of them; and the gat's own hesitance to partake in it. The settled for an easier topic; tree houses were an odd living arrangement, but there was a reason argus stuck to the borders them self.

Re: life in the big city! [open] - Crackers - 10-23-2019

FOURTHWALL & GLITCHHOP

For the first time in a long while, Fourth was comfortable. It had taken such a long time for the Pitt to become a place that could sustain any kind of social life, not just because of the sheer lack of people at one point, but because the members were so different from one another that there was no real sense of comraderie or trust among the members. And this had made this extremely frustrating for a social monster like Fourthwall, who was constantly craving the company of others and the sound of voices. He wasn't built for solitude  or a lonely life, and the realization that he hadn't actually sat back and spoke to someone since Jervis had come by his place all those weeks back was one he desperately tried to push out of his mind. There was no point in being tormented by the past when the present and future had so much more to offer. That's what he'd always told himself, and he wasn't going to start believing otherwise now.

As Vox spoke and was responded to by an unexpected voice, "That's good to hear, Redvox." Fourth would lift his chin to find Argus in the tree above. His lips would tug upward into a smirk of amusement as he realized the dragon had been listening in the entire time, but he wasn't put off by it. If someone else wanted to join in on their pointless convo that was more than fine by Fourth. One more and it would be a straight up party compared to what he'd been given in the weeks prior.

"Yeah, some people can't make it in a place like this, but those people usually don't give it a fair try to begin with. Every group has their monsters, we just don't condemn ours to hiding in the shadows." the canine would say with a shrug. From where he stood, that was the truth of it. More people than you could imagine had darker aspects to their personalities that they were forced to repress or ignore, sometimes to the point where it drove them insane. They went their whole lives wanting something they could never have- and why? Because it was inconvenient to someone else? Cruel? Evil? Those were stupid reasons to seal a part of yourself away. To deny yourself.

Of course, there had to be limits to the madness, a cap to balance things out. Things like 'no rape, no harming children. no torturing the pregnant'. Common curteosys that even the 'evil' were expected to respect and uphold, because underneath the savagry and apathy were people. Mothers and Fathers, Siblings, Best Friends. A community of like minded people who put their own first at any cost. So who was Fourth to condemn them, or anyone else who couldn't understand it? He was glad that Redvox hadn't. The gat was pretty interesting and super active, and even if he wasn't exactly on board with the darker side of things here, he did wonders for the community portion of things. People like Aine, Kydobi, Argus, and even Fourth himself still needed friendly people to be around. It wasn't doom and gloom all the time.

"Yeah, the treehouses are pretty badass. I spend a lot of time up in the trees anyways so it's pretty convenient." the hybrid would say thoughtfully.

♡♡♡
tags

Re: life in the big city! [open] - redvox. - 10-23-2019