Beasts of Beyond
you did good kid // tanglewood visitor - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: you did good kid // tanglewood visitor (/showthread.php?tid=10164)

you did good kid // tanglewood visitor - selby roux ! - 08-20-2019

[align=center][div style="width: 51%; text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: georgia;"]Though things had been hectic back home, it would have been impolite not to at least visit the Typhoon, especially since they had brought gifts. Selby had taken the responsibility of the job, as many of his fellow tanglers were recovering from the raid. He had packed up a few baskets of fresh produce and herbs, taking care to make it look nice.

As he traveled, the feline took in the scenery of the area. He hadn’t really left Tanglewood since he had joined as a kit. Gazing at the foliage of the rain forest, Selby thought about the ugly marsh and rank swamp. He should’ve come out sooner.

When he reached the border, he sat down, setting the baskets out in front of him. He didn’t see anyone around, but he didn’t mind waiting.

Re: you did good kid // tanglewood visitor - idyllfields - 08-20-2019

idyllfields
stars did fall
selby was a welcomed familiar face to the sage, having met the other a handful of times. they did not know him entirely too well, but their interactions had been pleasant thus far. the coyote greeted the tanglewood sawbone with a warm smile.

"hello! i heard tanglewood went to go rescue some captured friends in the pitt. are they doing alright?" idyll cocked their head, looking over the baskets momentarily before returning back to selby.

[div style="width: 500px; height: auto; padding: 0px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-size: 5pt; margin-top: -2px;"]© LEXASPERATED[/div

Re: you did good kid // tanglewood visitor - selby roux ! - 08-20-2019

[align=center][div style="width: 51%; text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: georgia;"]Selby inclined his head respectfully to the first to approach, glad that the first face he saw was a familiar one. He’d met Idyllfields only a couple of times before, but they’d seemed to be a pleasant person.

At the mention of his injured clan mates, his ears folded back just slightly. He could still see Sam’s ruined eye and Beck’s empty socket. He could still picture Beck’s torn throat and Sam’s deep cuts. No, they weren’t alright at all. He fixed his ears and gave a terse smile. "They’re alright. They just need some time is all," he replied, trying not to make his words sound forced. "We appreciate the concern," he added sincerely.

Re: you did good kid // tanglewood visitor - celestialrobbery - 08-21-2019

[table]
[tr][td]
crash and burn
[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
didn't mother warn you?
Celeste didn't know much of allies and the works of them. Of course she knew, and very much understood, the concept of it all, but she'd just never seen it in practice with groups like this. To her, allying with someone had always been a one on one thing-- but then again, she hadn't lived in a group for most of her life. This was a new change, and she supposed that group alliances came along with it.

Approaching the two, Cel first breathed in the scent of the other group, noting its differences and trying to memorize them, then spoke after. "Heya." She said, making sure to keep her normally loud and boisterous attitude under wraps. It seemed like they had been talking about capture clanmates, and despite being a causal and fun-loving person, Celeste knew when to tone it down too.

"My name's Celestialrobbery, but just Celeste is fine. I'm sorry to hear about your clanmates, but I'm glad to hear they're alright." She chose her words carefully, knowing full well that she wasn't great at the whole comforting scene. Still, she didn't want to be insensitive, so she did her best to introduce herself while also not diverting the topic to just herself. "If you guys need anything, just let us know. I'm a bit new here, so I don't know the exact nuances of how alliances work, but I'm sure we'd be willing to lend a hand if you guys need some help."
now she's gonna mourn you!
[/td][/tr][/table]

Re: you did good kid // tanglewood visitor - dovedeparture - 08-22-2019

[align=center]
"Greetings," Dovedeparture said, coming to stand near Idyllfields and Celestialrobbery. The guardian angel examined Selby carefully, noting he hailed from Tanglewood. Since arriving in the Typhoon, Dove had trekked towards the borders of all the known groups. As guardian, she felt it necessary to know all those who were helpful and harmful. Luckily enough, Tanglewood seemed to be on the helpful side.

She dipped her head to the Sawbone. "My condolences to your group for your injured, but like Celeste said, I believe we are all happy to help in any way that we can." The lynx wasn't quite sure what assistance they could offer, but she was more than willing to try. She was sure the rag-tag group of pirates were too. "My name is Dovedeparture, by the way."
[url=https://beastsofbeyond.com/index.php?topic=11884.msg67872#msg67872][color=#3d3332]tags

Re: you did good kid // tanglewood visitor - selby roux ! - 08-22-2019

[align=center][div style="width: 51%; text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: georgia;"]Selby nodded to the two that approached, absorbing the names. Dovedeparture and Celestialrobbery. Tanglewood didn’t have so many compound names, but he supposed that every group was bound to be different. "I’m Selby Roux. It’s a pleasure to meet you both," he responded.

"We appreciate the concern and offers for help," he continued. "We’ll be sure to let you know if we find ourselves in need. I think we just need a little time is all."

Re: you did good kid // tanglewood visitor - bubblegum - 08-22-2019

[align=center]
GOLDENLUXURY ROUX
I HEARD, I HEARD ACROSS A MOONLIT SEA
THE OLD VOICE WARNING ME
BEWARE, BEWARE THE DAUGHTER OF THE SEA
BEWARE, BEWARE OF ME.
informationplotting
There'd not been any indication from a bell ring, but the scent was enough to tell her what was going on, along with the chatter she'd hear as she stumbles over. The female lumbers her way over, head held lower than usual as she looks over her crewmates and the Tanglewood member. Bandages sit around her neck, wings visibly torn as she takes a seat next to Idyllfields, feathered ear tips pointed towards Selby. She hasn't been all over just yet - give a few days to take it easy, not force herself to be everywhere at once. But, she would need to start getting back into it soon enough. Being present for a Tanglewood visit was not a bad way to begin.

Selby Roux - the medic of Tanglewood. "How much did they hurt 'em?" she asks quickly, voice sharp though weak. Two of the captured members were her friends, and it pissed her the fuck off she couldn't have gone in to grab them sooner. "I will be visitin' soon."