Beasts of Beyond
taking terrible turns - fishing [prompt!] - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: taking terrible turns - fishing [prompt!] (/showthread.php?tid=10150)

taking terrible turns - fishing [prompt!] - fulzanin - 08-18-2019

[align=center][div style="width: 60%; height: auto; font-family: verdana; font-size: 8pt; text-align: justify; line-height: 13px; border-bottom: 5px #DADE11 solid; padding-bottom: 5px; color: black;"]Originally Tanteri had mistaken his task to be teaching how to fish. The pterosaur had no idea how such a thing would work. He didn't fish in the same manner as these people. These strange people that didn't fly to catch fish, that stayed and lived indoors. Such a strange concept. This whole thing was foreign to him.

Then he had taken the time to remember that this was a fishing contest. He didn't have to teach anything. He just had to supervise and announce the winner. That sounded far better. Something more feasible that he could do. Maybe he could even eat all the fish that was caught! That sounded amazing. A way to turn this strange 'task' into something that he actually could profit from! If there was going to be so much fish than surely he could have some. Perhaps, Tanteri thought, it could be the prize as well.

"Okay, we're having a fishing contest!" The pterosaur shouted, madly flapping his wings as he went soaring over the residential area. His booming and ever noisy voice worked in this situation: likely because it was akin to the reason why his voice was so loud in the first place. "Whoever wins gets bragging rights and the prize of feasting upon the hoards of fish!" He added, in addition to tacking on the locational whereabouts of the fishing contest.

The loud pteranodon had set up sections on the beach for fish to be placed. Rings created of seashells were littered about- Tanteri wasn't sure how many people would be partaking, but he was sure to have it all around the coast for equal opportunity. Now, now he sat and waited, long tail twitching in excitement. He hadn't been thrilled about this at first (and he still honestly wasn't), but the thought of getting to eat a large amount of food? That would put anyone in a good mood!

TAGS 8/15/19:

Re: taking terrible turns - fishing [prompt!] - celestialrobbery - 08-19-2019

[table]
[tr][td]
crash and burn
[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
didn't mother warn you?
Admittedly, Celeste wasn't one who loved getting her feet wet, but who could blame her for that? She was a being of molten lava and flames, bright energy and heat. Water only served to extinguish that, and although nothing could quite extinguish the sun, she still found herself adverse to the water. That, of course, included the fact that she was technically no longer a sun, but rather a being embodying one.

Still, Celestialrobbery loved competitions.

No matter who it was, what they were doing, or where it took place, Celeste loved the thrill of competing. It didn't even matter if she won, nor did it matter if she was even good at what she was doing. She just loved the way she felt when she competed, the adrenaline rush that pumped through her whole body-- every joint electrified, springlocked, ready to pop off at any moment. She couldn't get enough.

So when Celeste heard Tanteri's extremely loud call for a competition, she immediately ran over, a grin on her face and fire in her eyes. "Count me in."
now she's gonna mourn you!
[/td][/tr][/table]

Re: taking terrible turns - fishing [prompt!] - dovedeparture - 08-22-2019

[align=center]
While Celestialrobbery relished in competition, Dovedeparture was still a bit new to the whole thing. Her home lands didn't do things for sport per se, but since coming to know her best friend, she understood the idea of it. And though she understood it, the desire to win, the intense passion that flowed through Celeste's veins, hadn't quite blossomed inside the guardian angel.

She was trying though. Rather, the mortal vessel and all the emotions that came from being grounded, were edging her towards those feelings.

Putting on a smile, the albino lynx trotted forward. "I believe I ought to join as well. Celeste needs a good humbling," Dove called, playfully nudging her best friend. "By the way, Tanteri, I think you've done a lovely job with your little task." She flashed the ancient beast a toothy grin before moving toward the water to hunt for fish.
[url=https://beastsofbeyond.com/index.php?topic=11884.msg67872#msg67872][color=#3d3332]tags

Re: taking terrible turns - fishing [prompt!] - fulzanin - 08-23-2019

[align=center][div style="width: 60%; height: auto; font-family: verdana; font-size: 8pt; text-align: justify; line-height: 13px; border-bottom: 5px #DADE11 solid; padding-bottom: 5px; color: black;"]Tanteri's beak rapidly clacked together as he watched the two approach. He had noted they usually were always together, but the pterosaur couldn't fully decide on what the terms of their partnership was. He liked to think he was observant, that he noted such a thing. Besides, they both had lengthy names. That was confirmation enough to Tanteri. "Humbling. Er. Go at it," he said.

The pteranodon began nudging a few of the shells with his beak, to further cement the circles. "Alright, so, this one's for you Dove, and that one right next to it is for her. Maybe I should do something so I can identify them after.." Tanteri trailed off, him nudging another shell again. The flying reptile snapped his head over at the comment of his job being done well. A flick of his long tail added to the movement. "Oh. Thank you," he clucked. "I was thinking about waiting for more people to show up so everyone could start at the same time. If no one else does then I'd say go ahead and start."

Tanteri knew that his concept of time was a little bit different than that of these people. He was from a time where hours and minutes and seconds were nonexistent, because those terms hadn't been coined yet. He was scrambling to learn and grasp these strange and foreign and futuristic concepts, but it was slow going. "I suppose it can go on for.. 3 minutes? Wait. No. Seconds. No! I- hours! Yes. 3 of those. That's long enough I'm sure," the pterosaur ended in a low grunt to himself, flicking his beak in the direction of the shore. Not that a low grunt was quiet with him. He was forever loud, and the standard beach wind was almost enough to be counted as an excuse.

TAGS 8/15/19: