Beasts of Beyond
COMPLIMENT THE CHARACTER ABOVE YOU I GUESS!? - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+----- Forum: Tanglewood OOC (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+----- Thread: COMPLIMENT THE CHARACTER ABOVE YOU I GUESS!? (/showthread.php?tid=10111)

Pages: 1 2 3

COMPLIMENT THE CHARACTER ABOVE YOU I GUESS!? - toboggan - 08-12-2019

CHARACTER APPRECIATION TIME!! TIME TO APPRECIATION THE CHARACTERS YEAH!! CHARACTER TIME APPRECIATION!!

also dont feel obliged to reply to this one

Re: COMPLIMENT THE CHARACTER ABOVE YOU I GUESS!? - selby roux ! - 08-12-2019

leroy is a very expressive character! while I don’t necessarily relate to his plights, I can very easily sympathize with him and his troubles. it takes a good writer to pull this kind of character, and you consistently hit the nail on the head. plus he’s an absolute joy to have in ic chat.

Re: COMPLIMENT THE CHARACTER ABOVE YOU I GUESS!? - RED - 08-12-2019

SELBY GOOD....... i genuinely love that selby is portrayed so closely to a realistic person - his dialogue, his emotions, and his behaviors are comparable to people i would know in real life. being able to go "oh, this character reminds me of a real person" is a mark of great writing and you are definitely pulling that off flawlessly!!!!!

also i love leroy with all my heart fr

Re: COMPLIMENT THE CHARACTER ABOVE YOU I GUESS!? - tricky - 08-12-2019

[align=center]
when i saw red's first post, i instantly fell in love with his character and your portrayal of him. your writing is hella engaging, too. but my favorite thing is how good-natured and gentle red is... he's so sweet in his intentions it's gonna give me cavities

selby and leroy are also extremely valid

Re: COMPLIMENT THE CHARACTER ABOVE YOU I GUESS!? - wormwood. - 08-12-2019

I love Beck a lot tbh?? I love how he's just such a mess and he has such a complex relationship with all the other members of the group, and I love how even though he pretty clearly cares about everybody he claims he doesn't because of him being a ghost,  and I just really really enjoy reading every post you make with him because he's just such an interesting and fun character and I especially love it when he's mischievous even though that hasn't happened so much lately bc of group events afkd

Re: COMPLIMENT THE CHARACTER ABOVE YOU I GUESS!? - toboggan - 08-12-2019

i really admire how involved wormwood has become in tanglewood's current phase. wormwood's been in like every open thread since he joined - which is great bc of how good a character he is. his presence breathes life into threads that were completely devoid of it, due to that riveting energy that seems to appear whenever he's around. and i thrive off of stuff like his romance w/ draekon, because that shit's juicy af and it's prime plot material. i've enjoyed his character ever since his joining, and i'm excited to see what comes of him.

Re: COMPLIMENT THE CHARACTER ABOVE YOU I GUESS!? - tricky - 08-12-2019

[align=center]
leroy is an iconic part of tanglewood and its been an honor to watch his development from his start with ill-intentions to genuinely caring about everyone in his leroy ways,,, bonus points for all the radical language used in your writing, it really brings out his sarcastic(??) personality plus its hella descriptive in all the perfect ways so i'm 100% in love with it. i'd probably throw up from crying so hard again if anything happened to my mustache boy
ps: he is absolutely in no way 'boring' or 'plain' he's unique as fuck simply through his mannerisms so if you say shit like that again i'll beat you up <3

Re: COMPLIMENT THE CHARACTER ABOVE YOU I GUESS!? - selby roux ! - 08-12-2019

hi i fucking love beck
all the thought you put into your lore is honestly astonishing. I can tell that you spent a lot of time working on him and all your characters. the ghost rules/physics that beck follows are complex and seem daunting as first, but they’re easy to learn. plus he’s honestly just a joy to have in the group? i love him. he’s so well developed and you write so well and i honestly strive to write like you do.

Re: COMPLIMENT THE CHARACTER ABOVE YOU I GUESS!? - wormwood. - 08-13-2019

!!!! Oh oh I so want to do this. Have I ever mentioned how much I love Selby?? I love how soft and emotional he is, and how much he cares for all of the patients he takes care of, and honestly I just relate to him a lot?? A lot of the time when I see a character feeling anxious or nauseous or something like that I don't relate to it too much despite being anxious myself, but every time Selby feels those emotions I can really feel them?? Hes just so expressive and dear and honestly I love his relationship with his Dad because it's really adorable and just the way you play him in general,,, *chefs kiss*

Re: COMPLIMENT THE CHARACTER ABOVE YOU I GUESS!? - RED - 08-13-2019

WORM hes so powerful.... i love seeing characters inspired by lesser known media bc its so cool to see someone take a character and make it their own, especially when the source material is relatively obscure. your passion shows through! youve made such an excellent character, someone who is as creative and original as he is an homage to his origins, and i honestly love watching his arcs because theyre realistic and effortlessly engaging from a reader's perspective