Beasts of Beyond
Open World Human RP Planning - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Open World Human RP Planning (/showthread.php?tid=3664)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Open World Human RP Planning - Orion - 07-25-2018

World Lore Vote
Transportation Vote... can also be counted as map scale vote so to say.

Here's what I have so far while staff discuss a due date! What other polls would everyone like to see?

Re: Open World Human RP Planning - puzzles. - 07-25-2018

asdlfksjlfksjds ok im gonna add one three more things bc reading thru ur response orion i realize that i forgot not everyone is as into long term plots as i am (at least for my boy marko lmao)

1. i was throwin ideas at a wall and while i thought most of it out my post is entirely ideal situations (aka imagining every rper as me) which was why i added the staff thing bc i know not everyone is down for spending two months building up to smth that might be considered a small plot point. as someone who is v v bad at communication i dont want it either tbh bbbut....

2. a lot of my points r supposed to read as "u need to spend time to make ur character powerful but in a diff way than just saving up gems" and idk if that came across. i also forgot a point on power creep oops

3. i know a lot of ppl enjoy putting their characters thru hell and that was why i did time v effectiveness?? idk i was entirely in "what i think a fun plot is" mode so my post could be considered v selfish if u feel like considering it that

ok im done i wrote too much for my fairly simple ideas n now im tired lmao

Re: Open World Human RP Planning - Orion - 07-25-2018

1. hnng yeah that's why i'm trying to empathize about it too bc i know a lot of it is going to take awhile if a group of about five of us have to manage it daily for a whole site.

2. oh nah fam, it's chill. i got what you were saying bc development is the best.

3. mmhm agreed. i just feel as some people wouldn't want that, especially beginners who don't know that characters need their ups and downs
i like putting characters through hell so mood

Re: Open World Human RP Planning - Orion - 07-26-2018

okay, closing polls rn since two / three have a large vote over other options.

what we decided on:
- There will be little to no world lore.
- Simple transport, such as horses and pirate ships, will be the only transport allowed.
- Stone-age technology with the addition of battery and mechanic technology, but no guns allowed

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?

Re: Open World Human RP Planning - vellichor - 07-26-2018

I think all of that sounds good! The only thing I really have to add is that I think we should get started on picking boarded groups as soon as possible so we can set up a map and open the rp!

Re: Open World Human RP Planning - vellichor - 07-27-2018

aaa sorry for the double post but i just thought of something. I don't know if we were planning on doing this by voting or some other method, but if we are voting, I really think that all groups should be voted on, including Griffingate and Blackfall. Both of them will have to change in some ways anyway (if the leaders intend to continue them) and they're just as inactive (or more inactive) than any groups that aren't boarded currently. I really feel like the rebuild should be a clean slate for everyone and I don't see a reason to not vote on Griffingate and Blackfall when they aren't any more active than current unofficial groups and they were never voted on when they were initially introduced anyway (if I remember correctly). I'm not sure if that was already the plan but I just wanted to throw it out there.