Beasts of Beyond
SONG SWAP - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: SONG SWAP (/showthread.php?tid=11881)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: SONG SWAP - Orion - 05-18-2020

Kinda reminds me of a more modern Beatles? I like the vibe of the song, but the background track really overpowers the singer's voice.

Sweetener - Ariana Grande bc this album is a bop

Re: SONG SWAP - toboggan - 05-22-2020

i wasn't a fan of how ariana layered and enhanced her voice in this one; she's got one of the best voices there is, and she often ends up sounding robotic bc of how the songs are produced. i really didn't like the constant ad-libs throughout the song, they actually irritated me. the song itself felt very gimmicky in its simple and monotonous chorus. the actual melody wasn't that bad, and like i said, ariana grande has a very good voice; but i didn't like the song that much.

free at last (the actual song doesnt start until 1:28)

Re: SONG SWAP - Orion - 05-22-2020

At first, I thought it was a bit much, but as the song progressed I started to enjoy the vibe. As someone who's a percussionist, I really enjoyed the drums. That drummer has some amazing talent. The guitarist was impressive too, especially with those complicated riffs. Needless to say, I liked this one! (That video tho lmao)

Word Up - The BossHoss

Re: SONG SWAP - toboggan - 05-23-2020

this song was in the kingsman and i fucking loved the kingsman. i cant help but associate that song with the movie - but for the song's sake, that's a good thing. it's a really fun, groovy song, and i think that driving while listening to it would be a fucking experience and a half.

magic power

Re: SONG SWAP - Orion - 05-24-2020

Let me just say that beginning enticed me. I'm all for a soothing guitar and then the slow ascension into the singer's woes. Such powerful words too. 'I'm young, I'm wild, I'm FREE.' As you progress, the band adds in more aspects. As someone who LOVES classic rock, this song is A+++! I've heard of Triumph, but haven't listened to them that much. This is going on my playlist. <33333

Hits - TrippyThaKid & no records (feat bbno$)

Re: SONG SWAP - toboggan - 05-25-2020

the ad-libs were undesirable, but that's the only downside i could find to the song. the beat was decent, the tune's vibes were rly chill, and the rhymes were clever and crafty (though that last part's pretty much expected for a song that has bbno$ in it). it was dope. 7/10

money

Re: SONG SWAP - Orion - 06-08-2020

I love the backtrack, esp with the guitar and the drums. As for the singer's voice, it's not my style and took some getting used to. There were some nice parts with her singing, but I don't think her voice fits the 'upbeat rock' feel at all. Kinda gives me Alice Merton vibes, but less... sing-songy? Not sure how to put it.

Fingers To The Bone - Brown Bird

Re: SONG SWAP - toboggan - 06-10-2020

the song had a lot of spirit to it. the vocals were quite charming, with a twang of bluesy-roots to them, and the instruments reflected that. the lyrics were also rather nice, and my mood was somewhat dimmed when i found out that they were describing the singer's battle with leukemia. but, all in all, it was a great song.

born yesterday

Re: SONG SWAP - Orion - 06-16-2020

This is all you need to know. Jokes aside, I like this song, especially since the video compliments it fantastically. Maybe I'll have to look into this band more!

Devil's Train - The Lab Rats