Beasts of Beyond
Power Suggestions? - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Helpful Hub (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Power Suggestions? (/showthread.php?tid=10303)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Power Suggestions? - tristitia - 02-03-2020

Hi! I'm quite late to the party, but I do have an idea!

Power blocking! This DOES NOT remove the power, but simply makes it so that one person makes another not able to use their powers. Now, I get how tremendously OP this is, so I'm offering a few restrictions.
1. Make it so that the one with the ability has to be touching the other. This means that contact has to be made, and once contact is lost, the power blocking affect no longer works.
2. Make 'positive' powers not work either. For example, someone with the Health Transfer could not operate or save someone with the power blocking ability.
3. Make it very expensive.
4. Perhaps make it so that their own powers cannot be used for, say, an example could be five posts after the power blocking ability is used.

Re: Power Suggestions? - Verdigris - 02-04-2020

(02-03-2020, 11:49 PM)oblivion link Wrote: Hi! I'm quite late to the party, but I do have an idea!

Power blocking! This DOES NOT remove the power, but simply makes it so that one person makes another not able to use their powers. Now, I get how tremendously OP this is, so I'm offering a few restrictions.
1. Make it so that the one with the ability has to be touching the other. This means that contact has to be made, and once contact is lost, the power blocking affect no longer works.
2. Make 'positive' powers not work either. For example, someone with the Health Transfer could not operate or save someone with the power blocking ability.
3. Make it very expensive.
4. Perhaps make it so that their own powers cannot be used for, say, an example could be five posts after the power blocking ability is used.

[font=trebuchet ms]having chatted with staff, for the moment we're gonna say no to a designated power blocker- here's why:
  1. in general, if you don't want to be hit by a power, you're free to say the power didn't hit you (or affect you, in the case of the powers that aren't strictly offensive)
  2. the ideas presented, while cool, are kind of convoluted for a single power
  3. we decided that mental manipulation could be used to alter an opponent's abilities to use powers, with the usual restrictions (e.g. no powerplaying), so a separate power's not really necessary

cool ideas, though ^^

Re: Power Suggestions? - tristitia - 02-04-2020

Oh, well thank you for your time!

Re: Power Suggestions? - Sunburned.Lily - 02-11-2020

necromancy/work with ghosts,, not exactly an ability, but something w potions?

Re: Power Suggestions? - Orion - 02-12-2020

We've discussed the possibility of necromancy before but eventually decided against it. Apologies. Staff, at the time, felt as if it was over powered.