Beasts of Beyond
The Devil's Got You Beat // Joining, Injured - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: The Devil's Got You Beat // Joining, Injured (/showthread.php?tid=7841)

Pages: 1 2

Re: The Devil's Got You Beat // Joining, Injured - PEPPINO - 11-14-2018

[align=center]
//sorry this is late! classes have been a pain

Pip still wasn't very happy with the raptor's behavior, and paid Owen's interjection little mind; it was obvious even without the clarification that he wasn't the- tamer of this raptor, considering his response to Owen's arrival. It was incredibly difficult for the young canine to resist rolling his eyes. Classic posturing, wasn't it? "You're not carrying him. I'm treating him here," he asserted, mismatched gaze switching from Owen to the wolf, who, at least, had acquiesced to his request. His permission was all Pip needed to hear, so he relocated his materials closer to the other canine, expression slightly pinched in concentration.

"This is saline. I'm going to pour a bit over your side wound to disinfect it." Before he did that, he leaned into the wolf's space to inspect the laceration. A blade of some sort, and deep, but it didn't appear to have nicked or punctured any organs- if it had, the wolf would likely be dead at this point. "This may sting," Pip warned, before lifting the jar carefully between his jaws and angling his head to fountain the sodium chloride mix over the area, just enough to flush anything out. He set it aside and nudged over another jar, this one smaller. "This is an agrimony wash. It's a coagulant, so it should lessen the bleeding." This, too, he poured over it, in a similar fashion, before glancing up at the wolf's face. "How is your vision?"
[align=right][i]INFORMATION

Re: The Devil's Got You Beat // Joining, Injured - Marco C. - 11-14-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 540px; text-align: justify; font-family: arial; font-size: 10pt; line-height: 1.4;"]
Before the giant dinosaur appeared he had thought he heard some strange thumping. Although the producer of this strange noise was shown when Owen appeared. Which prompted a look of disbelief from the wolf. While the large feather lizard had ruffled his fur a bit, this giant thing just dumbfounded him. The damn thing was even larger than the train behind him, he felt like such a large thing shouldn't exist. Although here it was and even worse, it was talking to him. Though then again, perhaps it was good that something so big wasn't "feral".

The wolf wasn't quite sure he was comfortable with the idea of being manhandled by the dinosaur, and he was kinda relieved when Pip objected to the offer. Ignoring the strange and antagonistic sounds coming from his new feathery friend, he donned on an almost natural grin in return. "Sorry Owen, but can't argue with the doc." Honestly, it was kinda hard to look at Owen with anything but fear. But something in him, perhaps the man he was, gave him the will to hide this fear.

Then finally he settled his gaze back on Pip, taking note of what he said, despite how little the names actually meant to him. All he knew was that when Pip started to pour the stuff onto his wound his warning held true, causing him to grimace in response. When Pip finally asked him about his eyesight he paused for a moment. He had already accepted that there was something wrong with his vision, and he was pretty sure it was related to his possible concussion, but it felt hard to verbally admit it. "Well, it's not so great. I can hardly make out any fine details, it's just too blurry." He replied before motioning to the Techno, "could I have a concussion?"

Re: The Devil's Got You Beat // Joining, Injured - PEPPINO - 11-16-2018

[align=center]
Some of the people here were intimidating. If Peppino hadn't been raised around them, he might have shared the sentiment, but he found it difficult to be afraid of them when he lived with these people and was well aware that they could be toothless. There were times when they weren't -his healing burns itched as a reminder of what Caesar tried to do that day- but he hoped it wasn't too crowded for the wolf. The young canine didn't want him overwhelmed on top of injured. Physical wounds were one thing- calming someone down was another, and Pip wasn't certain how that would go. He hadn't had practice yet, relying mostly on his unassuming nature and size to have a settling effect.

Pip frowned, though the wolf had only confirmed what he and Techno had already suspected. "It's very likely," he said after a moment, rummaging through his bag, missing that the question had been addressed to his fellow Sage. "I'm going to make you arnica tea. It will help with inflammation." It would also calm him further, but the main use would be for his concussion. "I don't want to move you, but this isn't an ideal place for you to rest." He couldn't make the tea, here, because he needed to heat water. "If we go slowly and carefully, do you think you could walk?" Maybe not the best idea to ask the patient about his limits, but this was not the place to give him the best care.
[align=right][i]INFORMATION