Beasts of Beyond
Roleplay preferences and ideas for the future! - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Roleplay preferences and ideas for the future! (/showthread.php?tid=5822)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Roleplay preferences and ideas for the future! - MysteriouslyMaple - 09-04-2018

I don’t have too much to add into what’s already been said, however I wanted to add onto the discussion over having a Traditional Warriors board/Clans...

Like Beatles mentioned, whenever these traditional groups pop up, they tended to only have activity for about a couple months or so, and like Jabber mentioned with school, activity is going to be cut severely between ALL boards (Human, Animal, and the purposed Traditional Warriors). BUT in addition to these, BoB is not a Warriors site, or at the very least was never intended to be a Warriors site.

However, I wouldn’t be opposed to a fandom board, perhaps? I’m just worried about BoB suddenly becoming known as a “Warriors RP site” when they’re not intended to be.

Re: Roleplay preferences and ideas for the future! - miss ririchiyo - 09-04-2018

Re: Roleplay preferences and ideas for the future! - nefarius - 09-04-2018

[align=center][div style=" background-color: transparent; border: 0px solid black; width: 550px; min-height: 9px; font-family:; line-height: 110%; text-align: justify; color:; padding: 20px"]The only issue with putting it in the others section is that it wouldn't get any attention, at all. There wouldn't be much of a point in having it. Further more the traditional roleplay has worked before - i.e., the state of it's popularity on FF. It only failed in activity before because FF had the same idea of putting it in a backboard and not giving it a chance to flourish.

I don't think that we'd have to be a warriors rp site just for indulging in it, personally. It would be a casual break from the more high-end activity that the ARP demands presently. It wouldn't be the main focus of the site - it will always be ARP, as it was the first main game and the most popular as of now.

Re: Roleplay preferences and ideas for the future! - elliot - 09-04-2018

ah my bad! i was trying to refer to be the bit about pointing out flaws in current rp but i didn't realize you weren't referring to the human section so ignore me fdhjtuyhsgfyj

i want to agree with jab about spreading ourselves too thin; the animal boards are the most popular and even they've seen a dip between adding new groups and people heading back to school. i don't want to talk about activity, but i just want to ditto in that it's something to consider with adding new boards (which i'm sure staff already is). on its own i think that traditional warriors roleplay would be a fun addition, however it would need lots of ideas to keep it feeling fresh for a while - i've personally seen similar rps divulge into becoming less and less traditional as people grow bored with the concept, especially on sites that are pretty distant from the source material to begin with (like bob). i also acknowledge that it would definitely get more attention if it were its own section, yet i'm still unsure that it'll get enough traction to warrant that. i'm very on the fence on this: i love the concept, but the potential execution has me wary. similarly, i want to reiterate that fandom and miscellaneous boards are cool but might be too niche to get much attention, which is why i suggested lumping them into an 'other' section - or perhaps a fandom section and then other rp that isn't part an existing universe (including the rp games onsite)? i have more thoughts on this but i'm gonna leave it for now

that said... biiig ditto to lucifer on sitewide events! i'd love to see more stuff like that.

Re: Roleplay preferences and ideas for the future! - paroxysm. - 09-10-2018

(09-02-2018, 05:18 PM)Mirror link Wrote: Guess I'll go. One of the things I really enjoyed on other sites, was traditional warriors roleplay, I'd personally love to see it on this site, and while I'm not sure about others, figured I'd plop the idea in anyways.

Even if on other sites it did have it's issues that weren't addressed, I think, if the rules of traditional roleplay were made clear, instead of making them vague such as other sites have done, it could cause less confusion for members, and make it more fun to roleplay in. I think we can learn from other sites' mistakes in it, and improve on them as we go along.

Sorry to bother you about it.
[align=center][div style="width: 55%; text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt; letter-spacing: 0px; font-family: arial;"]dittoing this!  traditional warriors roleplay is super fun for me and i have a few characters from other sites that did traditional roleplay that i'd love to use on bob!

Re: Roleplay preferences and ideas for the future! - Orion - 09-12-2018

Thank you for your opinions everyone. <3