Beasts of Beyond
what do you want to see for this group? - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Helpful Hub (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: what do you want to see for this group? (/showthread.php?tid=3484)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: what do you want to see for this group? - galexiux - 07-23-2018

hey uh. I know this is a bit late and im being a bit of a debby downer but. I really wouldn't like to see any of the Feralfront groups transferred over. I know the whole name ordeal and such but your planning on making it like. basically the same right? The end of my feralfront career wasn't the best time for me (or a lot of people) and Id much rather just move on from it. I really want to see what new groups we can make for BOB instead of just recycling them. We're supposed to be differentiating ourselves from FF anyways right? And maybe the creator doesn't want us to remake it? I just get bad vibes tm from the idea.

Re: what do you want to see for this group? - goodsprings - 07-23-2018

hey skypher!! i totally get where you're coming from with this because yes, this site IS to move on from feralfront and to get out from underneath the controlling and manipulative atmosphere

personally though how i see it is that faux isn't recreating something that is currently on the site. the 2012 era of sunclan was 7 years ago, and it was probably the most popular sunclan had ever been where everyone loved it and activity was great. whereas the past 2 years sunclan had been going through underperforming  leaders, drops/rises at unpredictable rates of activity and of course the regular issues ff had to begin with

because the era/atmosphere faux is introducing is from so long ago, i dont feel like it'll be as if we're looking at a replicated sunclan straight fron the site. more so something improved on, persinalized (as he had mentioned, faux has put a lot of work into sunclan in the past!!) and an all around good community that sunclan once was back in that time period. especially with the kind of people on this site i feel like that will be achieved <3

//im on mobile so please excuse any mistakes!!

Re: what do you want to see for this group? - cure - 07-23-2018

Oh I'd be really excited to see a SunClan-esque group! Goodsprings put it best I think, there's so much to discuss and decide (especially because the group went through soooo many different stages) that I think it's more like taking a cool idea and making it our own than it is just transferring over a whole group. It would be too bad to not use a fun idea just because it's been used somewhere else.

Also Sunhaven is a super cute name, if you wanna used the same vibe without the word sun you could also use dawn or day too!

Seven years ago or not, i still dont think its a good idea. My worries still stand and I still feel we should move forward instead of moving back.

also please don't call me skypher... i changed my name for a reason and it reminds me of a bad time in my life :c

its going to be in the fanclan boards, so you won't have to participate in it of course o:

Re: what do you want to see for this group? - crim - 07-23-2018

question
what if you hadn't known that this is a sunclan remake of sorts? the idea would be fine then, right? because it's practically a completely different group, just vaguely based off of sunclan from years ago, so don't think of it as sunclan with ties to ff if you don't want to

personally i don't think there should be an issue here

okay. well. i suppose my point isnt getting across. Best of luck to you guys, then.

Re: what do you want to see for this group? - grassina - 07-23-2018

[align=center][div style=" background-color: transparent; border: 0px solid black; width: 70%; min-height: 9px; font-family:; line-height: 110%; text-align: justify; padding: 20px"]hi hi i really like all of this tbh

i think a currency system and various shops would be so freaking neat. plus, it's something that's not on BoB (as far as i know), so it adds another element to it!! the bartering part of it would be a cool ic aspect, and i think even having little events centered around trading for certain things (like y/c must have a certain item in order to advance or something idk just thinking out loud) would be cool. and maybe that could be ingrained into the characters there - like they're taught not to steal, that all things are equal to something and therefore you should pay back/trade something for it?

religion would be really cool too considering a lot of the groups in place don't have a set religion (?). i also can definitely see sunhaven (i stan this name) as being almost aztec-like? and aztec culture also has a few gods relating to the sun: Huitzilopochtli, god of the sun and war; Nanahuatzin, god of the sun; Teoyaomicqui, god of lost souls, the sun and the sixth hour of the day; Tonatiuh, god of the sun and ruler of the heavens; Xiuhtecuhtli, god of fire, day and heat

as for territory, i think the mountains could be cool - like close to the sun aesthetic. something green, beautiful with lots of plant life and scenery: click click click!!

but the floating sea town sounds so cool too!! and those's so freaking different like i don't think i've ever heard of something like that before. damn these are super cool click click click

idk that's all i can think of for rn!!

Re: what do you want to see for this group? - Orion - 07-23-2018

(07-23-2018, 02:36 PM)goodsprings link Wrote: hey skypher!! i totally get where you're coming from with this because yes, this site IS to move on from feralfront and to get out from underneath the controlling and manipulative atmosphere

just going to start out with saying that this site was created due to a friend of ours being discouraged against and we decided to create something personal for our friends to roleplay together on. as a friend group, we needed a new start. you may see that our few first accounts are previous staff members and even a rank called ‘mascot’. at the time between a few of us, we voted our peeps to become staff and then moved on from there. this is no way a refuge, nor do we hold any grudges against a certain site. (many of our members still go to other websites and hold zero grudge. many want other options and contexts.) simply, we are an alternative option that’s common amongst users of this site and that’s why you see plenty coming over. the more friends, the better imo and that’s why i see an accumulation. the more friends, the better. that’s why i see this site as more of a passion project between a many of us rather than something like a public refuge.

ANYWAYS, let’s keep the positive discussion rolling and constructive comments. i look forward to this group a lot tbh because i love anti-hero vibes!

my apologies!! i had been told differently ^^