Beasts of Beyond
IN TIME [...] joining, open - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: IN TIME [...] joining, open (/showthread.php?tid=3469)

Pages: 1 2

Re: IN TIME [...] joining, open - BASTILLEPAW - 07-20-2018

BASTILLEPRISONER AURELIUS — [color=#21201c]TAGS
Bastille arched a brow at her statement, casting a glance over her shoulder towards the direction she had came from. She didn't seem too impressed with her welcome committee, and he fond himself smirking slightly in amusement at the blunt expression of such. "Small talk not doing it for you, huh?" he drawled, entertained. Bast hated handling border shit because it was always awkward and forced, and he personally would probably be annoyed to be greeted by a wave of strangers all at once. Thank the gods that it had only been Starry here when he joined, huh?

He was shaking his head at her question, about to assert that he was just patrolling, when he stopped short and stared at her. Stared at her hard, taken aback, and suddenly the slightest tinge in her aura that had been confusing him made sense: it carried traces of their mother, the whisper of blood, a signature that was trying to tell him without words that this was family. And he was... at a loss, his thoughts momentarily going off line as he opened his mouth, as if to speak, and then closed it.

He had no idea how the fuck he was supposed to feel when a sister he'd never even known -- she'd been dead in the womb -- showed up on his border, but at the moment it was... dazed. Confused. "Versailles," he repeated, breathily, "It's... it's you." "I named her hoping she'd be Versaillespalace one day... isn't that pretty, Bast?" his mother had said dreamily once, and now the name rung in his head as he reeled, the words coming out blunt: "You're dead. You died. You all died. How-- No, when did you come back?"
© MADI

Re: IN TIME [...] joining, open - VERSAILLESPALACE - 07-20-2018

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Lips pursed, Versailles cocks her head to one side and lets out a sardonic sound, one that crackles in the air like a live wire. "You could say that. I'm not interested in talking unless there's something I can gain from it." Her gold eyes gleam, her tongue brushing the front of her teeth. "As it stands, their conversation is irrelevant to me, and so I've left." After all, this newcomer is not one to lie for the sake of sparing another's feelings - their conversation held nothing of importance or equal value and so she'd rather take the hike than force herself to listen to such mundane talk.

She's tempted to leave him too when he starts to get pensive, thoughtful, staring at her like a ghost - her ears twitch, flicker, pull back at the odd look she's being given. Her defenses rise almost immediately, brick and mortar building one over the other, surrounding her as she takes one step back, followed by another. Head lowered, neck beginning to bristle, she waits for whatever threat she thinks is about to come out of his mouth but that's not what happens. Instead, he's speaking with a stunned sort of familiarity, saying her name like he's said it before and then telling her... telling her...

"Do I look like I'm dead to you?" Anger, sarcasm, it's what she defaults to when she feels herself being threatened. She doesn't understand what he's saying. Dead? Came back? Came back from where, the wilds? She's sure as all hell she doesn't recognize him - she's sure as all hell she hasn't seen him anywhere in her life but he's talking like he knows her and what if he does? What would she know, right? Her eyes narrow, suspicious, but her ears are swiveling around to face him, listening, waiting for an explanation. "Who are you?"
TAGSVERSAILLESPALACE OF THE ASCENDANTSPLAYLIST