Beasts of Beyond
these wings on your back aren't a dream - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Artist Loft (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Coding Corner (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: these wings on your back aren't a dream (/showthread.php?tid=2879)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Re: these wings on your back aren't a dream - cyantist - 07-16-2018

— NAME / NICKNAME / TITLE
— age/ gender / sexuality / group
— birthday / zodiac / eastern zodiac
— important information
— brief appearance
— faceclaim(s)
— accents / interaction

— personality in traits

— combat information

Spoiler:

[align=center][div style="text-align:justify;width:55%;font-size:10pt;font-family:verdana"]Why do you run when they are in your reach?

"Because I am not strong enough, not yet."

And I will make your stronger dear boy - you will pick them out of your teeth when we are done.

Felix has much time to converse with Orthax on his way to the Typhoon. He makes the journey alone in a small boat with enough rations to make the trip but no more. It's days out on the sea, watching the waves go by as he talks to the voice in his head as it was real. Orthax does not like to be ignored after all, burrowing his way underneath the lone heir's skin until he can no longer claw it out.

The two are linked, inseparable. Felix Fredrick Tarqin de Borel, the last surviving son of the Lord of Whitestone, is now adrift at sea with only a demon for company. One that sings a song sweet to a man driven mad by the promise of revenge. To hurt what once hurt you, my boy. is what he promises, something to give the man power back over something in his life since that day.

Orthax found him in the pits of his despair, languishing in prison with no hope of escape. It was either break, submit, come to heel like a dog before the Briarwoods like they had done to Carrine or die. Either way, they would have fun with him, they promised. He remembers Delilah's face, smiling in joy as she scarred him. It is her that he hates most of all, her husband was horrible but nowhere near as capricious as her. She took pleasure in hurting him, showing him Carrine calling her mother.

When he thinks of it, Orthax is all to happy to remind him that if he wanted to give into the demon, none of them would stand a chance. Felix can topple head first into the violence and tear them all apart limb from limb with Orthax's aid. But no - he wants to do it personally. No mad rage, no mindless carnage, no. He wants to take them apart piece by piece, play with them like they played with him.

The thoughts play on repeat for the days whilst he is at sea. The two bicker and agree, one out of anger and one out of hunger. No matter what Felix chooses, the demon will get his due. He will always get his due - and if Felix strays too far away from his path, he will be there to encourage him back to what drove him to improve in the first place. After all, Orthax has one bargaining chip that nothing can replace.

Orthax can make Felix mortal again. Not a vampire, not a blood sucking monster, but a normal wolf once again. But it is not in his nature to give that for free.

[div style="margin: 0 auto; width: 75%; font-family: georgia; line-height: 0.6; text-align: center; font-size: 14pt;"][glow=black,2,300]*:・゚✧ AND NOW, THE CURTAIN RISES[/glow]
[size=10pt]—————————— cyantist > characters > gaming & social media

Re: these wings on your back aren't a dream - ANIMA B. - 07-17-2018

[table][tr][td]
THE BEST LIES ABOUT ME ARE THE ONES I TOLD
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec sed feugiat sapien. Proin rhoncus vestibulum eros, ac pharetra massa eleifend vel. Donec ac iaculis lorem. "Aenean eget justo eget risus gravida pretium sed non augue," sed sem tortor, rhoncus vel interdum nec, consequat vitae mauris. Sed nec nisi nec libero semper finibus et sed nulla. Donec a vehicula odio, in malesuada ligula. Proin et magna nec nunc sollicitudin elementum. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. In a ligula eget magna dapibus euismod vitae sed tortor. Donec ac semper neque. In eleifend justo purus, eu iaculis ante efficitur a. Ut placerat ultrices lacus ut aliquam.
TAGSPLAYLISTMOODBOARD • PENNED BY [member=1493]cyantist[/member]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Re: these wings on your back aren't a dream - cyantist - 07-17-2018

[div style="margin: 0 auto; width: 75%; font-family: georgia; line-height: 1.3; text-align: center; font-size: 14pt;"][glow=black,2,300]*:・゚[abbr=Making an opposite facial expression to the heart is really simple]✧ 속마음과 다른 표정을 짓는 일 아주 간단하거든[/glow]

[div style="margin: 0 auto; width: 75%; font-family: georgia; line-height: 0.7; text-align: center; font-size: 14pt;"][glow=black,2,300]*:・゚IF I BURN MY YOUTH, WOULD IT COME TO ME?[/glow]
——————————————————————————— felix de borel > white wolf > tags

[align=center][div style="text-align:justify;width:55%;font-size:10pt;font-family:verdana"]Drink the jungle juice. It was as ridiculous as it was demeaning, being stranded alone with hallucinogenics. It was safe to say that neither Felix nor Orthax really wanted to do it, but traditions were traditions. He'd downed the drink which tasted what he imagined raw sewage and salt would taste like, almost retching up the liquid as soon as he tastes it. He manages to keep it down, not without a few choice swears and curses to Pelor.

It takes a while to kick in. He supposed it would be instant, watching and waiting for something strange to happen. He lounges on the beach, watching the shore come in and out and the sun set beyond the horizon. It's certainly a beautiful sight, soft blue waves on a white sand beach and the sun casting it's rays over the horizon. The sky turns shades of red and pink, the clouds illuminated by the sun's backlighting. 

"Felix? Is that you?"

Ah, there it is.

Carrine's voice rings loud in his ears. She's always been such a sweetheart, but strong and independent. It makes sense that his brain would think of her first if he's going to be happy. It would be a change from the normal, so he doesn't care to question it. He smiles as he spots her, well, not her. It's not her, but it's close enough and sounds like her that he doesn't care enough to distinguish it.

"Carrine! It's so good to see you, I've missed you so much." He shouts, grinning as the illusion of Carrine hugs him. He can feel her, even though she's not real and he knows she's not real, he doesn't care. Even Orthax, reminding him in growled tones that this isn't real Felix can't stop him from crying out of joy when she embraces him tightly.

"I've missed you too, I don't know where you went... Please come home, mother and father miss you so much."

They don't miss you, they are dead.

"I know, I know, I'll be home soon." He promises Carrine. He turns to look at her face, wanting to see Carrine happy and well and not like the emaciated ghost of his sister that he'd seen when he was imprisoned in Whitestone.

The colour drains from his face when he looks at her properly. There is a scar over her right eye, the brilliant blue gone a murky grey. She is visibly thinner than she should be, her coat looking thinner than it should be. Everything about her is wrong, it's wrong. In the back of his mind, he can hear the demon cackling. You know what they did to her Felix, -
what they would do to you.

She has pronounced fangs in her gums. The tawny wolf is his sister, there is no doubt. She wears the locket that their mother bought Carrine for her birthday a year ago. She's the same height as Felix with the same bright blue eyes that most of their family has from their father. Felix watches her with rapt dread, trying to force out words from his mouth.

"Delilah and Silas miss you Fel."

He screams, lunging forward with his right paw as he watches it collide with his sister's illusion. It disappears into nothingness when he comes into contact with it. "Is that any way to treat your sister?" Felix's blood freezes when he hears that voice.

It's a cold and poised voice. It's one that he would recognise anywhere. It's enough to make his blood turn to ice, desperately searching in mind for Orthax. He needs the demon now, but it seems to have abandoned him to his fears. How very typical of the demon, if Felix didn't know any better he'd say the demon was sulking he ignored him earlier. But Felix knows better - this is exactly the kind of thing that Orthax feeds on.

Despair. Doubt. Fear. Anger. Hatred. They fuel him.

Delilah Briarwood is a tall lioness. She holds herself like a goddess, an empress, a queen. She looks beautiful, ageless, timeless and she grins the same way that he imagines a shark grins. The same way a monster grins - for all her beauty, that's exactly what she is. Cruel and sadistic.

She isn't real, so she can't hurt him right now.

"We know you're here Felix. It was so silly of you to run, my dear sweet child."

No - no she doesn't. She isn't real, and there's no way that the Briarwoods know where he went to. The Typhoon isn't on Whitestone maps. It isn't in charted territory. Her threats? They aren't real because she is not real. He still feels his bones turn to ice, still feels the tears forming on his face and the anger burning deep down that kept him going. And yet, she smiles and he feels everything... Fade.

It's magic that vampires have to make you feel at peace. To make you love them, give yourself over to them willingly. It's harder to make it work when the subject sees something horrifying, but he feels it tug at him. Even though she isn't real, his mind makes the magic more potent. He feels like he should listen to her, apologise to her...

He should love Delilah like he loved his own mother. She is his family now, and she'll be his mother now. She'll look after him and Carrine and they will lead Whitestone in a new, better direction. The people of Whitestone will learn to worship the creatures of the night, they will learn their place. And everything will be better when he gives in to Delilah - won't it?

No. It won't.

It will never be okay until she is dead. And her husband is dead. And Carrine is either set free or set to rest.

Orthax laughs and invites Felix to give in to him. And on that night, stranded alone, he lets the demon take over his senses and gives into the darkness that calls to him.

He snaps out the trance with the first rays of the morning sun. He feels sick. The wolf walks back to camp, tired and hoping to get the second part of the tradition over with. Are you supposed to throw away your ties to life you had before? Write something down in a bottle and throw it away. What has Felix to throw? His anger? No, he needs that. He needs that, and his hate, and his memories of his family and Whitestone.

He scribbles something down on the paper, shoving it into the bottle quickly and sealing it. It takes all of five seconds for him to hurl it into the sea, watching as it crashes into the water violently. With that done, he can go and get some proper sleep hopefully.

Re: these wings on your back aren't a dream - cyantist - 07-19-2018

[table][tr][td]
I DO NOT WANT TO DIE WHO I AM
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec sed feugiat sapien. Proin rhoncus vestibulum eros, ac pharetra massa eleifend vel. Donec ac iaculis lorem. "Aenean eget justo eget risus gravida pretium sed non augue," sed sem tortor, rhoncus vel interdum nec, consequat vitae mauris. Sed nec nisi nec libero semper finibus et sed nulla. Donec a vehicula odio, in malesuada ligula. Proin et magna nec nunc sollicitudin elementum. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. In a ligula eget magna dapibus euismod vitae sed tortor. Donec ac semper neque. In eleifend justo purus, eu iaculis ante efficitur a. Ut placerat ultrices lacus ut aliquam.
I'D LIKE TO LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO BE SOMEONE ELSE
TAGSMOODBOARD • PENNED BY [member=1493]cyantist[/member]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Re: these wings on your back aren't a dream - CELESTE G.M. - 07-22-2018

/slaps down a lucia

Re: these wings on your back aren't a dream - CELESTE G.M. - 07-22-2018

[div style="margin: 0 auto; width: 75%; font-family: georgia; line-height: 1.3; text-align: center; font-size: 14pt;"][glow=black,2,300]*:・゚✧ 先祖たちの骨、そして私たちの神々の寺院のために!
[/glow]