Beasts of Beyond
THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME // private, Dimitri - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME // private, Dimitri (/showthread.php?tid=2633)

Pages: 1 2

Re: THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME // private, Dimitri - ATBASH CIPHER. - 07-12-2018

ATBASH CIPHER
i should've said what i hear
i should have let myself fear
Atbash had noticed the weird mannerisms that Dimitri had, but she honestly wasn't the type of person to judge or say something regarding those mannerisms. It was rude first of all, and although she didn't know of Dimitri's disorder, he was hiding it well for the most part. "I was kind of a drifter, too." Atbash admitted with a small sigh, remembering how she had lived with her brother, Vigenere, for a while, before he chased her off. "I wasn't alone, though. I had one of my brothers with me." She went on. "He just kinda... chased me off, I guess. So I came in search of one of the groups around this area for protection."
bio | female | hailcaller [leader] of snowbound
© madi

Re: THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME // private, Dimitri - Dimitri - 07-12-2018

Dimitri’s paws ghosted over titles, picking a mix to bring back home with him. A few kids books and a few adult books.

"You had a family?" He’s not looking at her as he asks about it, as if he doesn’t want to. ”I.... didn’t have a good one. I hope you did, though.”

Re: THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME // private, Dimitri - ATBASH CIPHER. - 07-13-2018

ATBASH CIPHER
"They were... alright, I guess." Atbash sighed again, frowning. She honestly loved her family, missed her parents dearly and missed both of her brothers. She just wished Caesar wasn't so... aggressive. "I was happy with my family." 'Was' was the key word there, she supposed. Atbash was staring off into space at this point, her gaze clouded as she went through memories. Mostly of ones when Caesar actually cared.
© madi

Re: THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME // private, Dimitri - Dimitri - 07-13-2018

Dimitri noticed the was and wondered if that was for the past or if something had happened. "I’ve seen, over time, it’s best to try to let go... if you do, they can’t hurt you anymore." His eyes widened. "Not to imply you had a bad family or a-anything." Dimitri corrected himself, reading over the titles.

"Do you like the classics?"

Re: THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME // private, Dimitri - ATBASH CIPHER. - 07-13-2018

ATBASH CIPHER
Atbash let out a nervous laugh at that response, shaking her head. "That's a lot easier said than done." She replied. Both the letting go part and them not hurting her anymore. Vigenere didn't hurt her, she actually forgave him for chasing her off by now, but Caesar was a whole other story. He clearly proved he'd hunt her down, although with him being an ally, he's probably learned that wasn't as easy as he thought. He hasn't been known to stop himself. The Hailcaller thought to herself. It was why she patrolled the borders so often, trying to protect herself. Plus, if news reached his ears about her leading Snowbound, she was sure he'd come over and try to take over.

"Classics?" Atbash looked back over at Dimitri as she said that, forcing her thoughts away as much as she could. "Oh, you mean books? Um... Honestly I'm not sure." She let out another laugh, although this one was more genuine and light-hearted. "They were there when I moved in, but I kinda like The Great Gatsby." She didn't really understand the human's culture nor what half of the book was about, but it was still a nice read.
© madi

Re: THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME // private, Dimitri - Dimitri - 07-13-2018

Dimitri wrapped the books he’d chosen, and took her copy of Gatsby, too. "Do you mind if I borrow this, then?" He asked, looking over the titles and offering them to her, just making sure she was okay with the titles he was taking. He wondered if she would ask about why he was taking kid’s books...

Dakota understood the hidden meanings in books a lot better than him. He liked the complicated ones. Daisy of course, liked picture books and the simple stuff.

”I like Jekyll and Hyde, in a weird way... I’ll take these then be out of your fur."