Beasts of Beyond
power idea thread - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Helpful Hub (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: power idea thread (/showthread.php?tid=2231)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: power idea thread - Luciferr - 06-21-2018

Track !
I'll think up some to suggest c:

Re: power idea thread - Una. - 06-22-2018

A power that allows one to temporary make themselves to take on the appearance of someone else? I don't know it would be called, but Copycat sounds like a good name to me?

Re: power idea thread - tricky - 06-22-2018

^^ i think mimicry would be a better name

one that ive been needing for a while is the shadow manipulation back on ff, long with light manipulation to balance it out
i know you said telepathy can create the illusion of those powers but i don't think that would make them, but its only an illusion you feel? and i can see them being as balanced as the other elementals due to them being used in media from time to time (the best examples i can think of off the top of my head are raven from teen titans / that one yellow fairy from those tinker bell movies ) please i need this for becky to be complete again

another thing would be to make telekinesis a power on its own instead of merging it with air elementals, seeing as most only buy the air elementals for that ability, but that's just me

Re: power idea thread - galexiux - 06-22-2018

acid as a power would be really cool. Like. weak acid. As an offensiveness. Idk if water elemental already covers that tho...

Re: power idea thread - Orion - 06-22-2018

Okay, so here's my ideas... These are all SITUATIONAL powers/mutations:
- Chameleon: The ability to blend in with the surroundings. While this can be a mutation, some users may want it to be a fur like texture instead of scales or an octopus-type of skin.
- Shrinking: Self explanatory.
- Hidden Identity: Your character appears different to everyone they meet except themselves. This is a hard power and only an idea, but perhaps it may make things more interesting.
- Hidden Languages: ability to be fluent and understand any language presented to them.
- Reading Auras: touch an object and see flashes of it's past, along with corpses. this can only be used with permission by the dead character's roleplayer and could be used to find out a murderer if need be.
- Flower Prints: Not the name it'll keep, but the ability to grow non-violent plants before your characters eyes. Separate to aesthetic elementals and the earth element itself.
- Vampirism/Werewolfism: The ability to thrive in the night and have a sensitivity to the sun. Their power grows as the moon gets bigger and becomes a full moon , but lacks as the moon wanes.
- Photosynthesis: Simple... Thriving off the sun.
- Dieting changes: Herbivore, carnivore, and omnivore changes depending on what you'd like for your character. Kinda odd to see a carnivorous cow.
- Mimic: Mimic someone's voice or any sound. (kinda based off the copycat power)
- Scream of DEATH: ScREECH really loudly to scare the heck out of your opponents and possibly deafen them. (kinda goes with above)
- Mirror: Seeing nothing / different being in reflections.
- Luminescent: A ghost-like body that can succumb to wounds and can die. These characters do not get intangibility or invisibility with this add-on.
- Spikey boi: Allows the growth of spikes across the body on command.
- Ethereal Appendages: Creation of luminescent, ghost-like appendages. Can touch.
- Puppeteer: Control someone's movements for a short amount of time. Not related to wargs/companions power.
- Animation / More Puppet: Can control the movement of objects / the dead.
- Venom: Mutation more like tbh.  (like acid as gale said)
- Toxicity: Summon venom or a toxic gas...?
- Regeneration: Not allowed to be used in battle EVER. Allows the very slow and prolonged healing of lost limbs or large limbs. On average, it'll take a month for a week to a month to grow back.  Even so, these animals still feel the pain constantly. Beheadings are up for negotiation tbh.
- "I have eyes on the back of my head, missy.": Your mother isn't wrong. She CAN have eyes that see in all directions.
- Dream Walking: let me just crawl inside your dreams and haunt you Smile
- Warg: See through the eyes of another creature... aka companions you can control... yes this is game of thrones based. Cannot be used on other animal RP characters.
- Stopping Time: The ability to stop time. Cannot be used in battle (without permission) and only the user can move throughout their paused dimension.
- Precognition: Seeing a few seconds into the future
- Slowed Perception: The character can see their reality slowed down. Think of Matrix style.
- Gender switch...?
- Biosonar: The bat and dolphin thing where they can make a sound and figure out their enviroment.
- Truth Detector: yo you gotta tell the truth around this one or he's about to SNAP
- Basilisk/Medusa/that dude from x-men with the laser eyes: Stun an opponent by looking at them.
- Shield: The ability to pull a Doctor Strange and create a shield in front of your character with their hands. (more human based tbh)
- Portal: The ability to pull another Doctor Strange and create a portal.
- Wall-Walker: The ability to pull a Spiderman and walk on walls. (I have a theme.)
- Manipulate light/dark, but ehhh
- Silver tongued: Ability to have someone believe a lie for a short amount of time. A type of mental manipulation.
- Stealing someone's health/well-being or pain...??? Save someone's life by sacrificing your own to their wounds...?
- Illusions are usually w/ telepathy, but tbh I'd like to separate that from telepathy and create a separate power for it. Illusionist???
- Manipulating eye color, body color, changes of weight, and hair strands... stuff like that.
- Inhabiting a dead body (not multiple possessions).
- Fertility: Impregnation without a father... although that's kinda odd. "I HAVE BABY JESUS IN ME."
- Small beans: always a child and no ability to grow up.
- The Sight: talking to the d e a d

Re: power idea thread - guts - 06-22-2018

[align=center][div style=" background-color: transparent; border: 0px solid black; width: 550px; min-height: 9px; font-family:; line-height: 110%; text-align: justify; color: black; padding: 20px"]ok but all of those r Valid?? i rlly rlly like all of them and i cant decide rip. i won't add all of those up tho bc thats Too Much

+ wld it b possible for metalbending to become a thing at some point?? or mayb at least make a power where a character can cover their body or shield themselves in some way.

Re: power idea thread - april . - 06-22-2018

[Image: IHTLJht.png]

track

Re: power idea thread - tricky - 06-22-2018

i hit the random page button on the superpower wiki a bunch of times and i found two (2) ones i found that could be powers as well: super speed and soul manipulation
the rest were all crazy af or specific af

i agree with most of orions list tho, but maybe some trimming is needed? like take out powers that can be considered mutations

Re: power idea thread - Imortapose - 06-22-2018

Don't mind me as I list what I think about the powers you've suggested, Orion. (I'm only gonna comment on the ones that I think won't work. The rest I like and I don't see a problem with. This is just to keep the list small c'Smile

Chameleon: I think this power is unnecessary. If your character has shapeshifting, they can easily make their fur turn into scales, take the appearance of another character (with proper permission), etc. They can also do that with telepathy to trick people into seeing them as someone/something else.

Shrinking: Would that be able to be covered under shapeshifting? I'd imagine so if a large lion can shift into a tiny house cat. The character could turn into a fly or, if we wanna go with it, a tinier version of themselves.

Hidden Identity: In theory, it sounds cool. However, that can be achieved by using shapeshifting, telepathy or chameleon (if that's added in). Still pretty cool, though.

Flower Prints: Again, I think this is unnecessary. I know you said it's separate from aesthetic elements and earth elements, but it's basically the same thing as those two. I think adding it in would just serve to bulk up the shop, which we don't need in my opinion; too many powers might drive people away.

Mimic: I feel like this could also be achieved with telepathy? However, I do think it could stand on its own as it's own power and would do really well.

Scream of Death: Sounds hella cool but is unnecessary. Mimic can easily cover that 9as you said). if mimic isn't being added in, I think SoD would be alright to add in then (it'd probably have to be expensive though).

Mirror: This could go with vampirism, maybe? Since vampires aren't supposed to have a reflection.

Puppeteer and Animation / More Puppet: These two are both good ideas. However, if there are too many powers in the shop, I'd suggest adding them together. I do like them though, I just wanted to add that note in. Smile

Venom and Toxicity: These two should be one power, in my opinion. Allow a part of the character to be toxic or something like that. Toxic claws, venom spit, etc.

"Eyes on the back of my head": idk, this one just seems to bother me. it's a perfectly fine power but it just... Idk, seems like some other power could also do this?

Gender switch: I'm not sure if this should be bought? Though, it's kinda similar to the "herbivore to carnivore" power so I think it'd be alright. Just cheap, maybe?

Basilisk: How would you control this one in battle? IC if you look at this person in their eyes, you're stunned. If you didn't know about this power you'd have no chances of defending yourself against it.

Manipulate light/dark: I think these are cool powers, but they're also big powers. I'm not really sure how they could be used offensively, but perhaps it could be a non-offensive power? You could temporarily suck the light out of a room to make it dark, or make shadows form into weird shapes. Seeing as how light and darkness aren't solid things, they could be more for trickery and fooling/playing mind games on your opponent. These powers need to be discussed, but I do think they deserve a spot in the shop.

Inhabiting a dead body: You'll have to explain this to me, because I can't wrap my head around it. It sounds like it could be cool and useful but I don't know quite yet.

I would also recommend putting up a link that gives examples of what you can use each power for! You could list each power name and then under it list some ideas of how that power could be used. It'll give new players some ideas on what each power is, the extent of each power and just a further elaboration of what the power actually is.

Re: power idea thread - rakue - 06-22-2018

track, ill give my inputs when i get home tonight :^)