Beasts of Beyond
i wanna be a pirate! // o, unexpected visitor - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: i wanna be a pirate! // o, unexpected visitor (/showthread.php?tid=14936)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: i wanna be a pirate! // o, unexpected visitor - LUCINDER XIU - 06-03-2021

EVERY OCCASION HAS ITS DISCUSSION—

he shrunk back slightly as alex put on a sweet voice, questioning the whereabouts of his parents. lucinder's demeanour changed suddenly, he seemed to shrink in on himself. "uhm, elsweyr's.. passed." he'd meekly offer, a small frown on his face, unsure whether he should speak about  his other mother. the  dog thing climbed down from the tree and he shot her a small smile, as if for reasurrance. as vayne followed up with the same question of h her own he took a deep breath then  sat back, chest and back straight."um, arrow's my mother too, but she's back home." home. what an interesting word. they should be able  to tell where it was by the swamp-dweller scent he was bringing with him, and tilted his head expectantly.
what alex said about joining them for adventures did worry him slightly, he didn't want to leave tanglewood, no, he just wanted to come to see the pirates from all the stories he heard. upon the thought process a frown slowly grew on his maw.

—AND EVERY GENERATION HAS ITS MEN

"SPEECH"
ROUND UP YOUR SOLDIERS, QUEEN—
lucinder x — tanglewood — 5 months
[color=#C178B7]—BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THEY CALL STRENGTH

Re: i wanna be a pirate! // o, unexpected visitor - daniel - 06-03-2021

He listened, and he allowed his thoughts to formulate possible responses within the confines of his skull as everyone pitched in more of their two cents. The subject of parents was brought up, expectedly, and Danny would have preferred not to be present. It had been some time, sure, whatever, but Danny was still very much bitter and not a fan of recollecting the memory of a corpse. But that wasn't Alexandre's fault, he didn't know he didn't think, and he'd grown up for the most part with his mothers both alive, intact, and together. So surely, assuming the kid had parental guidance of any kind was natural and fair. Besides, the cub didn't look that roughed up or traumatized to be a wandering orphan. Clearly, the concept of being this far from home on his own wasn't settling in the mind of the cub, perhaps childhood innocence was to blame. Still, it would have been nice if his apparently remaining mother could keep a better eye on the kid. "You're too far from home. I'm not risking blame on my crewmates if she thinks we're holding you hostage. Does she know you're here?" The wolf responded simply, perhaps jumping into the worst possible scenario, but that's just what Danny did.

Re: i wanna be a pirate! // o, unexpected visitor - LUCINDER XIU - 06-03-2021

danny spoke up, seeming to be  the leader of the group. he tilted his head in thought. "no, my mother doesn't know i'm here. but don't worry, if she comes find me i'll tell her you didn't kidnap me." what  he was surprised though was that none of them seemed to react to elsweyr's death.

"SPEECH"

Re: i wanna be a pirate! // o, unexpected visitor - rhosmari - 06-03-2021

"Aww, you guys worry too much!" The almost adult hyena cackled lightly as she finally decided to speak up. To her this was pretty awesome. The kid was here to be adventurous and play around! Not like life was too short or anything like that and plus he wanted to be a pirate. He could become a good member here if he actually wanted to join up like for real. She saw nothing wrong with it personally and she wiggled her short tail ad she gave her trademark grin across her muzzle. She for one was ecstatic to have a potential new playmate even if he might be smaller than her. A good tussle never hurt no one and even the smaller pups in her former clan were up for shoving their weight around. "Hey there kid! I'm Khalua and the best pirate that walks around here. Stick with me and I'll show you all the ropes." She felt the excitement in her body and she looked at the others before finally sticking her tongue out.

Re: i wanna be a pirate! // o, unexpected visitor - LUCINDER XIU - 06-04-2021

the hyena called khalua seemed young, a bit older than he, and he frowned as she claimed to be the best pirate around here. "forgive me, madam, but i'm not looking to join. plus i do believe many here are your senior, no?" upon seeing her "trademark" grin he lifted the corners of his maw in response.

"SPEECH"

Re: i wanna be a pirate! // o, unexpected visitor - bubblegum - 06-05-2021

DEAR FRIEND as you know,  your flowers are withering
your mother's gone insane, your leaves have drifted away.
    but the clouds are clearing up
        and i've come reveling, burning incandescently,
                                              like a bastard on the burning sea.

YOU'RE JUST LIKE YOUR FATHER,
BURIED DEEP UNDER THE WATER.
The caracal had been brought over by the scent of Tanglewood, feeling her heartstrings being plucked at. Could it be Sophiea? Though, as she grows closer, she realizes - no, of course it wasn't... There was a slight crowd, however, and a child she did not recognize. She pricks her ears forward to listen better until she arrives. She fights back a slight frown on her features, clear disappointment in her eyes at first. "You're from Tanglewood? The female would question lightly, her paws twitching. Though, last she'd checked, the feline hadn't been there. But, this would be a good excuse to see again...just to be safe. "I know the way there, I can tell you all 'bout bein' a pirate, n' take you home. Arrow wouldn' want you away for too long, little one. Plus, you could ride on m' sailboat!" She'd then offer with  a nod, giving a small smile to the child. Danny seemed a bit nervous about having him here, and the female could understand the worry, so she figured it a good idea to offer herself. One could make the argument Goldie had been away for too long to explain being a pirate, on top of her still incomplete memory, but she still considered herself a pretty good candidate for explaining their way of life. She'd been born there, and the archipelago has been her home for three years, so it was something beyond memory.

Re: i wanna be a pirate! // o, unexpected visitor - LUCINDER XIU - 06-05-2021

a caracal approached, he studied her as she spoke, offering to talk to him about pirates and bring her home on his boat. turning his gaze back to the supposed leader he began, addressing the newcomer. "that's a nice offer, but one i'm afraid i have to decline. i'm old enough to know not to get into transportations with strangers. no offense, of course. plus, i want to be an honorary pirate." yes he was old enough to know stranger danger but something must've possessed him to go to the typhoon alone.

"SPEECH"

Re: i wanna be a pirate! // o, unexpected visitor - daniel - 06-05-2021

This was getting to be quite a headache. While not...normally the type to become agitated, at least not in the traditional sense, Danny was visibly growing restless by the second, and the longer the lost, er, sort of lost child was going on about pirate this, pirate that. Perhaps even more so by how blatantly he seemed to disregard the concern that would most likely be felt should and when his absence was noticed, in the assumption that his mother cared for his wellbeing. To Danny, someone who sort of made his presence known with a bang and a dead mother, it seemed both selfish and dangerous for no particular reason. It was steadily becoming unlike him, his disapproval felt blatant against the otherwise cheerful and amused voices that were...not registering completely in his ears. His pierced ear twitched, brow furrowing. "You are a pirate or you are not. You stay or you go. There is no honorary." The Captain stated with a unusual harshness to his quiet tone, which he knew was wrong, it wasn't the cub's fault that his own issues still clashed with his demeanor in this situation. But it was what it was, and his pulse was steadily increasing with the stress of the worst possible scenario set on repeat. Well, that and he felt so out of place.

Re: i wanna be a pirate! // o, unexpected visitor - bubblegum - 06-05-2021

DEAR FRIEND as you know,  your flowers are withering
your mother's gone insane, your leaves have drifted away.
    but the clouds are clearing up
        and i've come reveling, burning incandescently,
                                              like a bastard on the burning sea.

YOU'RE JUST LIKE YOUR FATHER,
BURIED DEEP UNDER THE WATER.
She'd tilt her head at Lucinder's reply, tail tip twitching. It was a fair enough reason to deny, but she had plenty of rebuttal to offer. However, Danny would speak up first, and her gaze would glance towards him, a clear agitation rising within him. She hadn't expected to see something out of the boy, quietly blinking in surprise. But, she shakes it off. It made sense why he would be losing patience, given that he was still so young himself, and he had his own worries about the current situation. She turns her head back to Lucinder, looking to further help take care of things. "Ah, but is' safer t' travel in numbers. Besides, I know Arrow, n' 'm well-acquainted wit' somebody that lives there, er, at least, did, if she's not 'round there anymore. M' name's Goldenluxury Roux, or Goldie," the caracal perhaps was not the strongest and wouldn't be able to offer a lot of support if for whatever reason they'd run into a threat, but she definitely felt better having somebody with the kid than nobody. Plus, her...other reasonings, for checking in on Tanglewood

"I think it'd be for the best you get home. Plus, I needa' check in wit' 'em anyway. One thing I can tell you 'bout pirates is they don' hurt any kids. Only scum would do somethin' like that." While Goldie was happy to be around kids, naturally the nurturing type, she didn't want to leave Arrow worried, or have bad blood with the swamp people at all. If Sophiea were to ever show herself again...well, she'd be quite upset if something happened to put them on bad footing.

Re: i wanna be a pirate! // o, unexpected visitor - LUCINDER XIU - 06-06-2021

danny was growing agitated and that wasn't lucinder's intention at all, not one bit. he muttered a curse under his  breath, flicking his tail. goldenluxury seemed to be more the nurturing type and he turned to her. "am i allowed a dual alliance, then? i've heard of them happening..." he asked quietly. he'd speak to arrow later. he didn't want her worrying utop of all the other problems. then turned to danny, hardened his voice. a lot. "then i fear i must leave. i am sorry if i have disrupted your day, you seem annoyed at me."

"SPEECH"