Beasts of Beyond
Abandoned at the edge of eternity ▪☆▪joining - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Pitt (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Abandoned at the edge of eternity ▪☆▪joining (/showthread.php?tid=12683)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Abandoned at the edge of eternity ▪☆▪joining - Kold - 09-06-2020

Kold

As she listened, her legs stopped shaking. Hearing Jormungand saying her father taught her manners did bring that stab in the heart again, but it only appeared as a flinch on her face. She looked up at him, ears flicking.

"That's a cool name." She nodded slightly, "And.. my dad didn't really teach me them. My mom taught my siblings and I, my dad simply enforced them." she kept her voice as cool and calm as best she could. She wasn't going to break, not now. She didn't want to seem weaker than she already was.

Re: Abandoned at the edge of eternity ▪☆▪joining - Windowmemer - 09-06-2020

[Image: 800fde61ce608e37c9c2bf58571312bb.jpg]
JORMUNGAND
male — the Pitt — newblood — pinterest board
[div style="background-color: #292727; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: justify; overflow: auto; width: 500px; height: 340px; padding: 10px;"]

OC TEXT

IC TEXT

A flinch exposed the pain and it made his grin spread even wider. "Well kudos to your mom then." He flicked his tail. "Any idea why you're here?"

Re: Abandoned at the edge of eternity ▪☆▪joining - Kold - 09-06-2020

Kold

The question made her look away in thought - why was she here? Was there even a good answer? Her father left her at the edge, yes, but why did she go further in? She sat down for a moment, trying to think of a good reason.

"I... well... I don't really have a good answer to that. My mom grew mean and got angry all the time, my dad dropped me off at the edge of eternity, and I wandered into eternity. I don't know why I did, I Just did."

Re: Abandoned at the edge of eternity ▪☆▪joining - Windowmemer - 09-07-2020

JORMUNGAND
[div style="background-color: #292727; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: justify; overflow: auto; width: 500px; height: 340px; padding: 10px;"]

OC TEXT

IC TEXT

He lifted a brow at her answer and began pacing slowly, deliberately. "So you're saying your mother didn't give a shit, and your father's leaving you to the wolves, so to speak. You do know you could die, right now, right? Although, of course, it's not my decision of your fate." He gave a careless shrug of his shoulders, the grin sliding from his maw. So she was unsure, huh. Well, she'd know soon enough, whether it be cracking under pressure or willingly open up, or actually think of something. Or even make up something, hell, he didn't know. Eternity? He scoffed. This was no eternity. This was a place you came to to die. No living forever. It's just a matter of time, of how long you could cling to your sanity.

Re: Abandoned at the edge of eternity ▪☆▪joining - Kold - 09-07-2020

Kold

As she watched him, nodding slowly as he spoke, her mind began to run haywire again. Panic was setting in, evident as her paws began to fidget. But she forced herself to calm down. Yes, she could die right then, but she didn't want to show her panic.

"I could have died the moment I walked into this place. I could die right after meeting you. It seemed easier to walk into death than to walk away." How these sentences reached her, she had no clue. But the words flowed from her mouth. Fate had its cards for her dealt out, way before she was even a thought in either of her parents. She heard about it from her father, he told her and her siblings that there was very few things set in stone. One of the constants all life had was it's end.

She forced herself to calm down, thinking back to her mother, who had once snarled at her, then fell to the ground and spasmed before her father could pick her up. Kold had seen the wild flare in her eyes, staring at Kold as she kicked endlessly. Pushing the memory aside, she watched Jormungand patiently.

JORMUNGAND

OC TEXT

IC TEXT

His ears perked up as she began sprouting some philosophical shit. "Oh shut your mouth, kid. I'm playing. I like you, you remind me of my sister, rest her soul." He shut his eyes, a pained grimace spreading briefly before allowing a genuine smile to form on his face as he took a few steps closer, nudging the panicking animal as he watched her take a brief trip down memory lane. He softened his voice. "Hey, we all have things we regret. Even being born." He said, eyes narrowing at the abuse his father had thrown down upon  him and his siblings.

Kold

She blinked in shock - maybe it was surprise, or just genuine shock, but it was gone quickly. She relaxed as he spoke softer, but still was a bit spooked by everything. She nodded slowly, delicately, as if one wrong move would mean the end. But after a moment, she sighed heavily. "I guess you're right.." She didn't want to ask about his sister - didn't seem right for her to do so.

JORMUNGAND

OC TEXT

End?

IC TEXT

//i guess so, yea