Beasts of Beyond
SONG SWAP - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: SONG SWAP (/showthread.php?tid=11881)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: SONG SWAP - toboggan - 05-13-2020

ayyyyy i love bahamas. his voice is so good, and he has a fun rhythm in all of his songs. caught me thinking isn't one of his songs i've listened to a whole lot, but i like it.

oxygen

Re: SONG SWAP - fluffy - 05-13-2020

I have one (1) thing to say. hot damn is that chorus catchy. 9/10

the rake’s song

Re: SONG SWAP - Orion - 05-13-2020

i really like the guitar rifts and the background addition of the drums as things begin to build up. it's really nice. plus i love the singer's canned voice and style?? i love songs like this a lot

im gonna do a weird one
Wow Wow - Neil Cicierega

Re: SONG SWAP - toboggan - 05-13-2020

neil is like the mozart of music. wow wow is his best song. i heard that when neil and beethoven got into a song making contest, beethoven was so nervous to go up against neil that he quit. wow wow is very very funky and it managed to turn a mediocre-ish song into a bop.

pink motel

Re: SONG SWAP - Misty - 05-13-2020

[align=center][div style="width: 570px; line-height: 1.2; text-align: justify; font-family: constantia; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: 1px;"]God, I love pieces that start off with such gentle piano.  I love a lot of genres, and this song fit right in.  The vocals is pleasant, the words meaningful and just... Ahh, I really like this!  And the change in tone and guitar in the second half of the song absolutely rocked.  Definitely something I could listen to many times over again.

The Basement - Eric Hutchinson

Re: SONG SWAP - windy - 05-14-2020

[align=center]
I'm going to be real here—I don't vibe with this song at all. The singer's voice is nice, but not distinct. I'm left with a sour taste in my mouth because I'm left feeling like I just listened to a Fitz and The Tantrums song, a group which happens to be one of my least favorite groups ever due to their constant use of meaningless, repetitive lyrics and choruses backed by tracks of little substance. I'd give this a 3/10. Don't like it.

"Humility" - Gorillaz

Re: SONG SWAP - stygian - 05-15-2020

[align=center][div style="width: 55%; text-align: justify; font-family: verdana; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 1.4;"]
I personally just dont like Gorillaz. I have to admit, the vocals are nice and the beat is nice, but the song feels the same all the way through.

The Seed - Aurora

Re: SONG SWAP - Orion - 05-15-2020

I like the slower parts of the song that highlight her singing, but the more upbeat songs are really over saturated with background beats. It's really overwhelming tbh.

Lock It Up - Eminem ft. Anderson Paak

Re: SONG SWAP - toboggan - 05-16-2020

okay so i've had to play a lot of eminem's songs at my job when it was club night;; and i don't think i've played this one as much as his other ones, but i definitely remember this one going through the speakers at one point or another. im just gonna be frank, im not a fan of most rap songs, and im not a fan of this one. hi-hats are overused to the point of it actually bothering me, and i found the use of eminem's voice somewhat vexing. the song has some upsides too- anderson .paak was pretty good in all of his parts, eminem's rhymes were cleverly written, and the sample isn't bad.

mama

Re: SONG SWAP - fluffy - 05-16-2020

I actually really enjoyed this one. the vocals were raw and fierce in a very pleasant way, and it’s not something that I get to hear very often. this ones going on the playlist. 9/10

anecdote