Beasts of Beyond
[ PUTTING THE DOG TO SLEEP ❧ JOINING ] - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: [ PUTTING THE DOG TO SLEEP ❧ JOINING ] (/showthread.php?tid=10912)

Pages: 1 2

Re: [ PUTTING THE DOG TO SLEEP ❧ JOINING ] - Blazic - 12-31-2019

[align=center]
SNARL[size=24pt]  [align=center]

She'd zoned out, for a moment, as the wolf prattled on, and Abathur said perhaps the most words she'd ever heard him say at once. Focused on the sounds around her, looked around for any change in foliage - She was still on guard, but not as focused, perhaps, as she should be, with the stranger in such close quarters to her friend. Lost herself in thoughts for a moment or two, tried to etch into her memory the maned wolf's face. Adelaide. A name. A solid name. Probably true.
A deep breath, and she was back in this world. Aurum had landed, but she only really registered the tail end of his speaking. Took a stance before she knew what she was doing, as the newcomer jumped to their feet, snarl lapping at the base of her throat before she swallowed it. They were too fast. Too bubbly, lofty. Right. Aurum gave her some welcome - she's surprised he hadn't gotten here before her - but, well, jokes on him, She'd already given that same brand of welcome the lion had given to her.

They were 'Far Away', in a forest. Their territory was big, and a significant portion of it was forested. Hummed deep in her throat. She'd have to check there, later. Wasn't sure she trusted their word, much less them knowing the borders of the territory. A wolf wasn't good news - A good time, what'd probably be a fun fight, but distinctly where they're not supposed to be. Chasing an enemy out of the borders was distinctly something the hyena could do.

But she was distracted, again. Right. Help the maned wolf home. Get way too close for comfort. Snarl let out a sigh, and positioned herself next to their injured side - She was nearly as tall as them, saddle just under their shoulder. She wasn't, really, sure what she was doing - A smaller creature could sit on her back, or she could carry them by the nape, but this scenario was different. She shouldn't have offered to help. A mistake, clearly. Glanced towards Aurum, only vaguely hoping he had some better idea.
"If y'fall I'll catch ya, 'guess. Swamp water makes f'some real nasty infections, 'n there's quite'a few sinkholes, yeah?" And if they hit, they'd hit her - And Snarl could take a hit real easy. Much better than Abathur, at least. It'd be fine.

[div style="background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/GTU8f1w.png); background-size: cover; background-position: center; height: 90px; width: 40%; clip-path: polygon(11% 0, 87% 0, 100% 49%, 89% 100%, 10% 100%, 0 53%); margin-top: -745px; margin-bottom: 785px; margin-right: 27%"]

Re: [ PUTTING THE DOG TO SLEEP ❧ JOINING ] - wormwood. - 01-02-2020

i was born, on the highway, in a train wreck
with a heart, that was beating, out of my chest
Aurum was quite glad when his words of encouragement and reassurance seemed to reach through to Adelaide, even if it didn't really seem as though the female was too overwhelmingly worried about the gators. Perhaps she was, deep down, but it was difficult to tell really, given how chipper she seemed to be even as she jumped up from her injuries. She already reminded him of Feza, even if she wasn't quite as shrill and loud, and he wasn't sure if he should dread the day when the two females found each other and connected... probably. Taking a deep breath, the proxy just gave a slight nod of his head when Adelaide introduced herself, silently filling her name away for later when he noticed what Snarl was planning on doing. He could definitely understand wanting to get the injured new joiner to somewhere where she could rest, but he highly doubted it would be fun for both Adelaide or Snarl if they went through the rather clumsy process Snarl seemed to be contemplating committing to. Quickly moving over to the other side of Adelaide, the angel rumbled softly to Snarl, looking at her with a faint worried frown on his face, "If it would be easier for everyone, I can assist Adelaide in getting to town. I'm large enough that she can ride on my back without exacerbating her injury, and I doubt that either of you want to possibly injure yourselves more navigating the swamp like that." He could really only hope that Snarl's stubborn pride didn't get in the way of him trying to help, since this just seemed like the most simple and easy option to him, and he didn't want the hyena thinking that he thought of her as weak. Sure, technically Aurum himself wasn't in the best shape of all time at the moment, but he wasn't a pushover either, and it just seemed natural to him that he could do what he had done so many times for others for Adelaide as well. Hell, he had even carried both Moth and Selby on his back at the same time while injured before, so it wouldn't exactly be the worst or most overwhelming experience he had ever had in his life, even if that wasn't necessarily a good thing.
template by orion