Beasts of Beyond
Power Suggestions? - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Helpful Hub (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Power Suggestions? (/showthread.php?tid=10303)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Power Suggestions? - fluffy - 09-08-2019

shadow and light manip would be cool, but couldn’t they fall under the umbrella of illusionary magic?

Re: Power Suggestions? - fulzanin - 09-08-2019

//Shrinking and growth? For say, you want to have a giant insect character (with the height limit being 5 feet), or a large creature being able to shrink down to maybe no smaller than the size of a hamster?

Re: Power Suggestions? - gregory - 09-08-2019

i second ku,,, let her have a 5foot cicada

Re: Power Suggestions? - fluffy - 09-08-2019

oooo I love that! that’s some alice in wonderland shit and I’m here for it.

Re: Power Suggestions? - fulzanin - 09-18-2019

some other power ideas yay, unless they could be marked under other powers:

-ice element, if it's not under water elemental.
-levitation, if it's not under air elemental/telekinesis
-being able to see scent trails or scents in general, if it's not under mutations/maybe enhanced senses
-small chemical altering, such as clotting blood, turning ice to water, igniting small flames for fires, water to smoke, photosynthesis of a sort, probably could be elaborated on.
-regeneration, but it takes place over the process of several in game days, as in a post limit between the injury happening and it being healed. it's not fast, not swift; could be an alternative to health transfer of a sort?
-acidic projectiles, or just bodily projectiles as a whole. Such as the spit of some venomous snakes (if it's not included in hybridization/mutations), or formable offense body parts that take time to regrow (a post count akin to the previously mentioned regeneration)
-glowing, if it's not in mutations

Re: Power Suggestions? - aureate - 09-18-2019

[align=center][div style="width: 500px; text-align: justify; font-family: calibri; font-size: 9.2pt; line-height: 1.4;"]Everything here is awesome and I'm honestly really missing super strength and light manipulation right now.

- I love the idea of a power (likely very expensive) where a user could temporarily mimic a power of someone else in their immediate line of sight.
- Elasticity could be neat. Obviously with limitations.
- Voice manipulation. Changing their own voice in volume or sound, being able to sound louder or like they're talking into a fan or something. Maybe limit it so it's not... Black Canary screeching, or maybe not limit it if that's more expensive.
- Magnetic manipulation. IDK I want my characters to have fridge magnets stuck to their shoulders.
- Something that allows people to see the recent past of an area. Not time travel, but sort of like The Sight in reverse? Instead of short flashes forward, it's short flashes backwards.

Re: Power Suggestions? - fluffy - 09-18-2019

I love the idea of elasticity!

Re: Power Suggestions? - Orion - 09-20-2019

(09-06-2019, 10:57 PM)fluffy link Wrote: maybe something having to do with gravity manipulation might be cool! there would obviously have to be more than a few restrictions on it, but I think it could provide some really fun roleplay scenarios.
We do have wall-walker which is a sort of Spider-Man type of power where character can walk on walls. Further than that though (as in controlling the gravity around characters in battle and such)? I'm not sure. Like you said, there would have to be restrictions.

(09-06-2019, 08:53 PM)musey link Wrote: super strength, with some limitations?
We've discussed this before! Limitations would be hard to regulate but it's definitely on our minds.

(09-07-2019, 12:07 AM)sugary link Wrote: Light and Shadow elementals (separate powers but they balance out nicely)
Essentially work like any other elemental, just with light and dark particle matter
Unfortunately, this is a power we've really avoided. I know it's been discussed multiple times as staff and we've always ended up dismissing the idea due to scenarios that played out and high regulations.

(09-08-2019, 01:18 AM)gregory link Wrote: substance pelt! like the elemental pelt, nearly exactly like it, but this would let said pelt be things like.. say, milk, ink, etc. simply because when making eld, that had been a thing i thought of and i think it might be an actually cool thing to do?
So instead of having *the entire elemental power*, it'd be specified just for the pelt? It's cheaper than buying the elemental itself though. Of course it can't be used offensively... I think this is a chill idea!

(09-08-2019, 09:43 PM)Kugawing link Wrote: //Shrinking and growth? For say, you want to have a giant insect character (with the height limit being 5 feet), or a large creature being able to shrink down to maybe no smaller than the size of a hamster?
This one has it's pros and cons, of course. It really depends on limitations, especially with the larger animals. I do see a lot of cool uses for it though.

(09-18-2019, 10:17 AM)Kugawing link Wrote: some other power ideas yay, unless they could be marked under other powers:

-ice element, if it's not under water elemental.
-levitation, if it's not under air elemental/telekinesis
-being able to see scent trails or scents in general, if it's not under mutations/maybe enhanced senses
-small chemical altering, such as clotting blood, turning ice to water, igniting small flames for fires, water to smoke, photosynthesis of a sort, probably could be elaborated on.
-regeneration, but it takes place over the process of several in game days, as in a post limit between the injury happening and it being healed. it's not fast, not swift; could be an alternative to health transfer of a sort?
-acidic projectiles, or just bodily projectiles as a whole. Such as the spit of some venomous snakes (if it's not included in hybridization/mutations), or formable offense body parts that take time to regrow (a post count akin to the previously mentioned regeneration)
-glowing, if it's not in mutations

- Under water elemental
- Air elemental + aesthetic elemental for low heights / non offensive use
- Ooo... I haven't thought of that. That's actually pretty cool. Almost like seeing *footprints*.
- I'm not sure how this would be beneficial but I do like the concept. Perhaps we can find something for this!
- I'm iffy on this, especially on how it could give an advantage, but overall it might provide for some neat opportunities that the starfish regeneration mutation for limbs cannot provide. (Guide says: Starfish Regeneration... This mutation cannot be used in battle and will take weeks at a time to regenerate lost limbs. Think Deadpool.) After all, I assume this regeneration rule would also apply to gashes/poisons/etc and not just limbs. Could almost be like Deadpool or Wolverine in a sense... but of course not as quick or as painless.
- Acidic projectiles aren't included in mutations unless it's specified directly from a certain animal. Very to a T. The limb thing is addressed above.
- Mutations!

(09-18-2019, 06:27 PM)AUREATE™ link Wrote: [align=center][div style="width: 500px; text-align: justify; font-family: calibri; font-size: 9.2pt; line-height: 1.4;"]Everything here is awesome and I'm honestly really missing super strength and light manipulation right now.

- I love the idea of a power (likely very expensive) where a user could temporarily mimic a power of someone else in their immediate line of sight.
- Elasticity could be neat. Obviously with limitations.
- Voice manipulation. Changing their own voice in volume or sound, being able to sound louder or like they're talking into a fan or something. Maybe limit it so it's not... Black Canary screeching, or maybe not limit it if that's more expensive.
- Magnetic manipulation. IDK I want my characters to have fridge magnets stuck to their shoulders.
- Something that allows people to see the recent past of an area. Not time travel, but sort of like The Sight in reverse? Instead of short flashes forward, it's short flashes backwards.

- Like you said, that would have to be very expensive.
- We're actually discussing that right now thanks to Tikki! <333
- Ooo I can see that being useful. 
- Not sure how that would work or how it could be limited, but it doesn't hurt to look!
- My only problem with that would be powerplaying. What if a character's roleplayer doesn't want that character knowing what happened previously, especially if they had just murdered someone there? The same goes w/ Clairvoyance's future seeing. It needs approval.

Re: Power Suggestions? - fulzanin - 09-25-2019

-paralysis? Such as a paralyzing touch/light emission? I'm getting the idea of something along the lines of frygnot from GoG. Unless such a thing could be wrapped under mutations as well. One big limitation could be that it only lasts a few seconds after contact/beholding is released, meaning that you have to get really close and touch your opponent in battle - as well as risk less mobility to use the ability. Could work for torture scenarios in particular when you don't want the captured person squirming or retaliating.

Re: Power Suggestions? - Orion - 09-30-2019

I could see that working somewhat! I really enjoy your restrictions, especially since characters can do a lot of damage in a few seconds.