Beasts of Beyond
COMPLIMENT THE CHARACTER ABOVE YOU I GUESS!? - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+----- Forum: Tanglewood OOC (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+----- Thread: COMPLIMENT THE CHARACTER ABOVE YOU I GUESS!? (/showthread.php?tid=10111)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: COMPLIMENT THE CHARACTER ABOVE YOU I GUESS!? - wormwood. - 08-13-2019

Because I am,,, An absolute wreck and I love you all so much I need to compliment Red too
So like,,, when I first joined and saw there was a hellboy character I was so excited?? Bc I've read a few comic things and seen the movies and I just loved him as a character already, and as I saw the way you implemented him into BoB and changed him in little ways to make him Red instead of just hellboy just made me admire you so much and I love seeing every response to threads with him because like?? Hes so gruff and his internal thoughts are so funny sometimes and the way he interacts with everyone else is just so awesome and wholesome at the same time??

Re: COMPLIMENT THE CHARACTER ABOVE YOU I GUESS!? - tricky - 08-13-2019

[align=center]
ok first of all how tf do you post so much so quickly with quality writing on top of that?? i am,,,,, in awe,,, but that aside i love worm and hes become a part of the community so quickly
his development is super well-done and interesting and i also love how you're transforming him into your own original creation
also also his name is awesome thank you for coming to my tedtalk

Re: COMPLIMENT THE CHARACTER ABOVE YOU I GUESS!? - toboggan - 08-13-2019

tricky dude, like holy fuck. i've seen beck develop over the course of two entire years, and even now, he still continues to surprise me. you've brilliantly encapsulated that unpredictable approach with beck, and he's probably one of the most convincing children that i've ever seen written. the way his morbidity is expressed is absolutely on the fucking ball, and his posts instantly shift a thread's mood every time. the rich lore behind him only adds on to the level of splendour; i'm hyping up that girl oneshot like crazy, man. he's one of my all-time favourites, and i'm so glad that i've had the privilege to see him evolve.

and don't even get me started on your writing. it is so hands-down unique, i never get bored of it. your style is so telling of beck's character, and the enthralling word choice makes it hard to look away. i love beck with my whole being.

Re: COMPLIMENT THE CHARACTER ABOVE YOU I GUESS!? - DELILAH. - 08-16-2019

/rubs hands together

LEROY. MY MAN LEROY.

I'm so impressed with how you play him! I've seen the process of how far he's developed for a long time?? I forgot how long but like-

I'm super impressed with how relatable he is at some points, and how he handles the Delilah situation, and handles being made Proxy. His reaction to serious situations despite how unwell he is currently is just

/chefs kiss

Delilah adores her big brother figure, even if he gets on her and Lilith's nerves sometimes with his scolding and prodding. She appreciates him, both for saving her life in the past and being there when she died back then. I especially love how involved Leroy is in the IC chat. He's such an icon and I stan him.

Perfect old man.

Re: COMPLIMENT THE CHARACTER ABOVE YOU I GUESS!? - selby roux ! - 08-16-2019

delilah is such a fun character to read tbh imo. her mannerisms, lilith, and her thought process makes her such a unique character and she really sticks out in my mind. I have a soft spot for soft good girls and lilith gives her just the right amount of spice to keep her from getting boring. even when delilah isn’t being controlled by lilith, she is still affected by her and I love the little details and hints you include in your writing. they have such a good dynamic and it was an excellent plot/character choice on your part to include her. I honestly love delilah and I was sad when I came back and she wasn’t around. you write her so well and I’ll never get tired of reading your posts.

Re: COMPLIMENT THE CHARACTER ABOVE YOU I GUESS!? - tricky - 08-18-2019

[align=center]
gaah my boy selby,,, where do i even start,,, he's such a genuinely sweet and caring person but he's also so much more than a cookie cutter personality and i absolutely adore him
when he gets legitimately angry, hoo boy you can tell someone's seriously fucked up, which is Excellent Writing and in the same vein, i feel his sadness when he blames himself for things like arrow's death
he's the stability tanglewood needs and we love him for that

Re: COMPLIMENT THE CHARACTER ABOVE YOU I GUESS!? - Owlie - 08-18-2019

Beck always continues to impress me. Tricky's writing is excellent and always thought out. Beck is always true to the character and is hilarious at times. I've never seen a character like beck, and probably never will again. I've seen several ghost characters, but never a child ghost written so well and entertaining. Beck is clan meme.

Re: COMPLIMENT THE CHARACTER ABOVE YOU I GUESS!? - Misty - 08-18-2019

After seeing the dedication to Vader, it doesn’t surprise me how dedicated you are to Vathmos, Owlie.
There is so much detail and thought put into her character that is so intricately real. I love her mannerisms and she’s so interesting to see interact with other characters.  I don’t doubt the amount of love you poured into developing her, along with a likely unbelievable amount of research into hyenas, their behavior and social systems.
I rarely see animal characters portrayed as truly to their animal and the fact she is your pathfinder character makes her origin and story so much more interesting and impressive to discover more and more through your writing.

Re: COMPLIMENT THE CHARACTER ABOVE YOU I GUESS!? - stygian - 08-18-2019

[align=center][div style="width: 55%; text-align: justify; font-family: verdana; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 1.4;"]
Gaahhh, Kiira... I absolutely adore how well you write Kiira's anxiety and timidness. It makes her feel so much more relatable <3 It was heart-wrenching to read her threads over in the Pitt

Re: COMPLIMENT THE CHARACTER ABOVE YOU I GUESS!? - selby roux ! - 08-18-2019

fuckign zooms,,,,,,

I love crow so much. your concise style of writing really complements his overall thought process and personality. he’s an absolute joy to read, and besides that, it’s been so fun to watch him change from ff to bob. you’ve grown a lot as a writer since the thunderlands days. you are such a great plotter and you’re always thinking ahead. plotting with you is always a lot of fun, and I personally enjoy the selby and crow dynamic that we’ve created together. I hope that we can continue to roleplay together in the future, as the past couple of years have brought me so much joy.