Beasts of Beyond
Learning of Worlds-Private - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Other Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Learning of Worlds-Private (/showthread.php?tid=2629)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Re: Learning of Worlds-Private - Orion - 01-22-2020

After his relentless discussion with Cornelius Fudge, Severus couldn't help but feel a weight off his shoulders. Even so, what was Cornelius going to do about the situation? Just like with any other Death Eater expedition, the Ministry had done very little. From their disbelief in believing the Dark Lord was back to plastering the headmaster as an old man, he couldn't help but distrust his word. Somehow it was always Severus meddling in their business, Dumbledore inquiring into Voldemort's troubles, or Potter taking the privilege into his own hands. It almost seemed damning. There was no end to their suffering, was there? Even the unheartful 'congratulations' made him feel uneasy. Snape had to hold in a disgruntled snort in retaliation.

What else had they not decided on yet? The thought mildly confused Severus. They had discussed everything for the most part. Potter was dealt with, Remus and Black were off dogging with each other, and everyone seemed as fine as they could be for now. Even so, he didn't want to acknowledge some subjects... Unfortunately, those concepts had to be eventually. It was that time.

His dark gaze moved down towards Ellie. Her fragile being laid still, vulnerable and alone. She had no one left, including the mother that abandoned her. He felt obliged to be by her side, as a member of her family and as a professor at Hogwarts. Nevertheless, something held him back.

There was no hope left in him. The Dark Arts had taken hold of his life, despite how much he despised it now. Sage was no longer his sister and Lily had never chose to lay with him, all due to him. There was no going back from his decision. He had no right to go back to his old self. Even if Ellie was in his life, she would suffer dearly. Darkness would encapsulate her being and takeover her innocent form. She'd be in inevitable danger every day. Severus couldn't watch that happen... Again. The deeply scarred man knew what he lost due to his actions and wouldn't be willing to repeat that again.

It would be a lie if he said he didn't consider it for a few milliseconds, but he knew he couldn't. With an almost emotionless expression, he stared back at Cornelius. "I cannot," Severus coldly responded. Dearly he knew he'd be putting everyone involved in Dumbledore's scheme at risk. He couldn't allow it.

Yet sometimes all it takes is one person.

Re: Learning of Worlds-Private - HopesWings - 01-24-2020

"Cannot what?" Ellie muttered sleepily, sitting up. She had finally roused herself from whatever nightmare she had found herself trapped in. She gazed at Severus through dark eyes, the lingering look of horror slowly passing away like a bad dream. Those dark eyes seem to bore into the man's very soul before she shifted her gaze to Fudge. The man shifted uneasily. The girl's uncanny gaze unnerved him.

"I'm afraid, dear, that Severus is...unable to see to you." Fudge sounded like a man with a sword pressed to his throat as he opened his big mouth. Ellie stared at him, clearly confused as to his meaning. Seeing himself forced to continue, Fudge gulped nervously before he continued. "Severus cannot take care of you, Ellie. You'll have to come with me to an orphanage." Just like that, the young girl's heart was broken. She looked back at Severus, betrayal shining in her gaze.

"But...you promised." Ellie muttered softly, unable to hide the pain in her voice. She looked away, struggling with what she was feeling. When she finally looked back at the two men, all there was to her was sadness. Fudge glanced between the two of them, it evident he wished he was anywhere else at that moment. When there was still only a tense silence dragging between the three of them, he cleared his throat.

"Well, uh, you'll have to get your things together, Ellie. We will be leaving right away." Fudge wrung his hands together, as though he was wiping away the unpleasantries. When the girl did not respond, he turned away, planning to head out of the medical wing. "No."

Fudge glanced over his shoulder, looking at Ellie. "What?" he asked. Ellie looked at him, fire and fury radiating from her. "No. I'm not going anywhere with you. I am not going to an orphanage." Fudge turned to her. He looked at Severus for support before focusing back on the girl. "I am afraid there is no other choice. There's no one-"

"I. Am. Not. Going!" Ellie nearly shouted. Fudge was losing his patience quickly. He had too much to deal with to tackle a stubborn child. "Then where will you go? Who will take care of you?" he sneered. Ellie glared at him. "Where I will go is none of your business. And I can take care of myself." She sounded just like her mother.

Re: Learning of Worlds-Private - HopesWings - 02-11-2020

Bump

Re: Learning of Worlds-Private - HopesWings - 03-05-2020

Hello?

Re: Learning of Worlds-Private - HopesWings - 04-23-2020

nudge

Re: Learning of Worlds-Private - HopesWings - 09-17-2020

bump

Re: Learning of Worlds-Private - Orion - 09-18-2020

I'm actually interested in continuing if you're willing! I know it's been awhile, especially in regards to my own complications, but I'd love to. Do you have a Discord? It might be easier for us to plot/talk about it there.

Re: Learning of Worlds-Private - HopesWings - 09-19-2020

I would love to continue this thread. It's been one of my all time favorites. And yes, I actually do have a Discourd now (required for one of my classes). I'm still learning how to use it, but my name on there is Dianna and I have #6452 on there (account number?)

Re: Learning of Worlds-Private - Orion - 10-12-2020

Agreed! This is something I would really like to continue, now that my concussion has almoooost finished. I actually hit my head on the 14th of September, so why my reply is so late.

Adding you on Discord @Dianna#6452 doesn't work. You can try adding me at Star#0061 though?

Re: Learning of Worlds-Private - Orion - 10-20-2020

bump