Beasts of Beyond
False cheer - Testing Storage - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Artist Loft (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Coding Corner (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: False cheer - Testing Storage (/showthread.php?tid=347)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Re: False cheer - Testing Storage - Lawlocked - 08-09-2020

[color=transparent] [w]isker
AAAAAAAAaaaaaa
[color=transparent] [w]isker
[glow=#5E5E5E,2,300]The dark doesn't frighten me[/glow]

[glow=#5E5E5E,2,300]I chose to close my eyes; it is mine[/glow]

Re: False cheer - Testing Storage - j a c k . - 09-04-2020

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Re: False cheer - Testing Storage - Whisper - 09-09-2020

The clan that housed him hadcertain characters there had made him weary, but non had stood out as an obvious threat. if anything, most of them looked outwards at threats. Looked to different clans, looked to places that attacked simply without mercy, or, hell for some skewed form of devotion. Vaas' own theory on it was something to be pushed aside for later, until one came knocking on their door, it wasn't something to worry about.

facing one was a little different, at least rosemary seemed to have no clear intentions of harming him beside a clear defense. If anything it made the tiger think of the perspective, who really were the aggressors in this fewd? a small sign was pointing another way, and for the moment- just for now, he will take it into stride.

"even more then," Vaas spoke, his tone returning to a slightly more cheery tone, a simulacra of a jolly fellow to hide cunning behind. Not always used, mind you, but present to catalog. "loner lands does not follow the same rules as your clan does" here, his tone took a more questing tone "doesn't it?" weither they caught on to what he was meaning, was another matter.

Clan relations never bothered him, he felt a duty to it, sure. But these obligations were easy to push away, as a newcomer he could excuse the lack of knowledge, and a meeting of an enema so close to their border- close enough; would effeminately be something the clan leader would want to know, but, would he tell? That was another question. If she could entertain him well enough, he saw no reason to report a friendly chat that could in well be among what could be a loner.

The little bit that she allowed to share to him was a manner of pride, if the other's lack of reluctance in telling it, either way the native took it all in stride, humming noncommittally at the other's words, feasting on the knowledge, taking in the name of this stranger- rosemary. Instantly vaas' mind gave her the nickname aurora. If for anything than the juxtapose that the rosemary seemed to emit. Strong, capable, and bold. Utterly ruthless, he was sure she'd hate to know the princess that vaas had now named her after, but there would be another time to speak this. As his ears prickled with the invitation that the rose blood gave him.

His eyes landed on the food in spoken of, smile on his features fading if a little bit out of surprise to the invitation. Here he thought he would just pester her until she left, but proven that she thought he was worthwhile to keep around. Feelings mutual then, at least. "in my home, tigers are known for our attributes similar to the earth, stubborn, willful, and resolute." he lets it hang. Home, not clan, words hold power, and he likes to keep some form of unpredictability, if his next words speak anything of him. "My sister has control over the earth, my mother, the wood." He has no powers of his own, at least none that he personally knows. He has been looked down on because of it, belittled- and it angered him, angers him now to remember, the slight simmer of rage disappears  under a cheerful smile, but it isn't forgotten, only a reminder.

"everyone's got their own little shtick with their own powers. " and maybe that anger burns a little too closely in his words, but marble it is little business of a stranger. "is levitation a part of yours, or of another root entirely?" still he nods off to the invitation, sitting down among the beach, the look of the perfect gentlemen despite the earlier actions showing- proving otherwise.
[table][tr][td]
[Image: a.gif]
[/td][td]
BOY KING
"take me into your heart , accept me as your savior nail me to the fucking cross and let me be reborn" — an antagonist with a silver tongue , a pirate with nothing to loose and everything to gain .
[/td][/tr][/table]

The clan that housed him hadcertain characters there had made him weary, but non had stood out as an obvious threat. if anything, most of them looked outwards at threats. Looked to different clans, looked to places that attacked simply without mercy, or, hell for some skewed form of devotion. Vaas' own theory on it was something to be pushed aside for later, until one came knocking on their door, it wasn't something to worry about.

facing one was a little different, at least rosemary seemed to have no clear intentions of harming him beside a clear defense. If anything it made the tiger think of the perspective, who really were the aggressors in this fewd? a small sign was pointing another way, and for the moment- just for now, he will take it into stride.

"even more then," Vaas spoke, his tone returning to a slightly more cheery tone, a simulacra of a jolly fellow to hide cunning behind. Not always used, mind you, but present to catalog. "loner lands does not follow the same rules as your clan does" here, his tone took a more questing tone "doesn't it?" weither they caught on to what he was meaning, was another matter.

Clan relations never bothered him, he felt a duty to it, sure. But these obligations were easy to push away, as a newcomer he could excuse the lack of knowledge, and a meeting of an enema so close to their border- close enough; would effeminately be something the clan leader would want to know, but, would he tell? That was another question. If she could entertain him well enough, he saw no reason to report a friendly chat that could in well be among what could be a loner.

The little bit that she allowed to share to him was a manner of pride, if the other's lack of reluctance in telling it, either way the native took it all in stride, humming noncommittally at the other's words, feasting on the knowledge, taking in the name of this stranger- rosemary. Instantly vaas' mind gave her the nickname aurora. If for anything than the juxtapose that the rosemary seemed to emit. Strong, capable, and bold. Utterly ruthless, he was sure she'd hate to know the princess that vaas had now named her after, but there would be another time to speak this. As his ears prickled with the invitation that the rose blood gave him.

His eyes landed on the food in spoken of, smile on his features fading if a little bit out of surprise to the invitation. Here he thought he would just pester her until she left, but proven that she thought he was worthwhile to keep around. Feelings mutual then, at least. "in my home, tigers are known for our attributes similar to the earth, stubborn, willful, and resolute." he lets it hang. Home, not clan, words hold power, and he likes to keep some form of unpredictability, if his next words speak anything of him. "My sister has control over the earth, my mother, the wood." He has no powers of his own, at least none that he personally knows. He has been looked down on because of it, belittled- and it angered him, angers him now to remember, the slight simmer of rage disappears  under a cheerful smile, but it isn't forgotten, only a reminder.

"everyone's got their own little shtick with their own powers. " and maybe that anger burns a little too closely in his words, but marble it is little business of a stranger. "is levitation a part of yours, or of another root entirely?" still he nods off to the invitation, sitting down among the beach, the look of the perfect gentlemen despite the earlier actions showing- proving otherwise.
[table][tr][td]
[Image: a.gif]
[/td][td]
"take me into your heart , accept me as your savior nail me to the fucking cross and let me be reborn" — an antagonist with a silver tongue , a pirate with nothing to loose and everything to gain .  vaas montenegro ; he who lives to fight demons should be weary he himself does not become one ." it's not like i am fucking crazy — "
[/td][/tr][/table]

There was something to be said; about law. He woke up early, if he slept at all; the rustle of his siblings, a stir of them both made law restless ( close – too close to be comfortable ). The mornings would catch the quiet child by the beach, to hear the rush of the wavering sea; to catch the scent of morning as sleep collectively left his crew- his family for a crisper one. It was hard to describe sleep smell; something soft and sweet, it muted natural scents and in the night it almost blanketed his den, his mother’s den: when he passed he didn’t notice the lack of one, when he went to the beach he didn’t notice.

Not until he heard his mother s c r e a m

There was a trio along the door to momma’s room, where the scream came from. Law’s ear twitched, he only heard…. Why was momma screaming- where was mother? Law’s entire form was shock still; watching the trio talk beyond the viel of the door, law could only watch distantly in the hallway as lovekit’s voice broke into the fog slowly coming into the creature’s own mind (shock, fear, momma… mother…? Law unconsciously moved to walked beyond lovekit as he went to inspect the duo of their parents. His eyes were grey this morning, a slight reflection fo yellow as he tried… tried to read the situation. Law felt his own throat close; felt suddenly so aware of his own silence. Momma’s scream, his family’s chatter and law…

All law had to him was this silence

Law was aware of his own brother- running as slowly another scent joined the rest of them. Death was common; it tasted like blood on the young creature’s tongue; of sweet baked rot and a climate to life- bitter. but as law approached past his own sibling- beyond the scuffle that were created outside in the hallway; law walked closer, the slow tremble in his form shown only by the quake of his wings, the tense of his entire form hidden by the cover so much like mother- like sam; just like mother

Death smelled like sleep on sam.

It was a disconnect that law felt through him. No- law wasn’t like lovekit, or the others: he could tell instantly. Like the prey he munched on happily, the ones mother- the two of them had given them to replace the sweet smell of milk not too long ago. Now it was here in the room. A presence alongside his mom.

Sam smelled like sleep, and everyone else in the room- smelled it; their words were a chorus of it. Everyone was a chorus of a wave of voices and law felt so incredibly
S m a l l

He wanted to rage; wanted to scream and cry and do something; beyond the shock still- stiff form of himself. His mother was dead and the other was blank- was so far away that law couldn’t reach and law felt so alone.

His body felt so weighted; and law fell, clumsy large paws and antlered head smacking to the ground. A sudden force from the creature as he watched the entire scene unfold before him.

Silent and small

Unchanging

(there was nothing to do; nothing he could change.)
[glow=#FEF1B5,2,300]The dark doesn't frighten me[/glow]

[glow=#FEF1B5,2,300]I chose to close my eyes; it is mine[/glow]

There was something to be said; about law. He woke up early, if he slept at all; the rustle of his siblings, a stir of them both made law restless ( close – too close to be comfortable ). The mornings would catch the quiet child by the beach, to hear the rush of the wavering sea; to catch the scent of morning as sleep collectively left his crew- his family for a crisper one. It was hard to describe sleep smell; something soft and sweet, it muted natural scents and in the night it almost blanketed his den, his mother’s den: when he passed he didn’t notice the lack of one, when he went to the beach he didn’t notice.

Not until he heard his mother s c r e a m

There was a trio along the door to momma’s room, where the scream came from. Law’s ear twitched, he only heard…. Why was momma screaming- where was mother? Law’s entire form was shock still; watching the trio talk beyond the viel of the door, law could only watch distantly in the hallway as lovekit’s voice broke into the fog slowly coming into the creature’s own mind (shock, fear, momma… mother…? Law unconsciously moved to walked beyond lovekit as he went to inspect the duo of their parents. His eyes were grey this morning, a slight reflection fo yellow as he tried… tried to read the situation. Law felt his own throat close; felt suddenly so aware of his own silence. Momma’s scream, his family’s chatter and law…

All law had to him was this silence

Law was aware of his own brother- running as slowly another scent joined the rest of them. Death was common; it tasted like blood on the young creature’s tongue; of sweet baked rot and a climate to life- bitter. but as law approached past his own sibling- beyond the scuffle that were created outside in the hallway; law walked closer, the slow tremble in his form shown only by the quake of his wings, the tense of his entire form hidden by the cover so much like mother- like sam; just like mother

Death smelled like sleep on sam.

It was a disconnect that law felt through him. No- law wasn’t like lovekit, or the others: he could tell instantly. Like the prey he munched on happily, the ones mother- the two of them had given them to replace the sweet smell of milk not too long ago. Now it was here in the room. A presence alongside his mom.

Sam smelled like sleep, and everyone else in the room- smelled it; their words were a chorus of it. Everyone was a chorus of a wave of voices and law felt so incredibly
S m a l l

He wanted to rage; wanted to scream and cry and do something; beyond the shock still- stiff form of himself. His mother was dead and the other was blank- was so far away that law couldn’t reach and law felt so alone.

His body felt so weighted; and law fell, clumsy large paws and antlered head smacking to the ground. A sudden force from the creature as he watched the entire scene unfold before him.

Silent and small

[glow=#FEF1B5,2,300]Unchanging[/glow]

(there was nothing to do; nothing he could change.)
[glow=#FEF1B5,2,300]The dark doesn't frighten me[/glow]

[glow=#FEF1B5,2,300]I chose to close my eyes; it is mine[/glow]

Re: False cheer - Testing Storage - Whisper - 09-10-2020

Jack’s home, were not along the jungle edge, nor deep within the recess of the pitt’s jungle. He found solace in the quite: where there were little need for masks and allowed his own exhaustion to show along his features in a place most would consider a grave yard. His scent carried the hint’s to his home’s true whereabouts. Tinged with ash. There was no fresh water here, and the faces of the mourned and solemn living: jack’s features fit the bill: he passed without many thought along the other members of the Pitt- seldom as they were- that gathered here.

His home was solem, being small he made his home in the edge of a tunnel that had long collapsed, either to the panic that once set this place ablaze or the harsh drums of war that constantly rung here: in a raid or preparation for one eons ago. It was long, spiraling, but he made his place with it. In the dark den Jack made a luxury, building a large reservoir of water underground and a dry nest of scraps of leather or hide. There were no trophies to hang along the interior, no herbs to tend, just the pool of water and the nest to the far left.

It was the taste of ice that Jack went towards home in the want for rest. It was an unsaid agreement, to be doomed together or apart when he joined the Pitt. Jack had fell for the simplicity of it. Knew on a subconscious level that his siblings would in time find the place to settle outside of their adventures: relocate either to the Pitt or- elsewhere. All four of them lived together, traveled together for quite a while: Jack missed it, that open reliance and companionship- sure he missed the traveling but for a place so large there was plenty to find here in the Pitt. Plenty of people to meet and stimulation for the kodkod to engorge himself upon. He needed a place to call home, or his family back: and his family was scattered, so he settled for the next best.

Yet, that wasn’t much true anymore: was it?

It left a bitter taste in his mouth. Either he would one day face his own brother in combat or he would leave the Pitt and forsake what he had claimed as his- calling to question all that he stood honor bound to protect and watch prosper- the thought was alarming: he couldn’t- couldn’t simply just leave. Even the mere prospects of it left him feeling sick and scum, a shake to his head.

Ice burrowed under his skin, chilled his blood: Jack felt the fear- the unconscious pressure he weighed against himself. His brother or his clan? His family or his friends? Why wasn’t there an option for both? Was there? He needed- he needed an out: he wanted to escape- to leave to-

Leaving meant forsaking all he had built here. His allegiance was to the Pitt, and he would not revoke what he had said before: a name is just a name, the meaning was family didn’t matter to the Pitt. What mattered where the creatures that called it home: but what if he had to fight them? Fight his brother’s clanmates? Would he hate him? Would he turn the other way when it was eventual that Jack look towards his brother in need? In some meager comfort?

It was a tundra, brewing under his fur. Water sapped from the air froze along the ground in hairline fractures towards Jack’s home. an open hole big enough for him to slip inside touched with a winter that was out of place in such heat. Ash caught inside making parts of it smeared into an ebony-grey.

Jack felt that it [glow=black,2,300]wasn’t enough.[/glow]

Emotions that Jack hid so cleverly, bottled, and buried so well- shattered against the sands of the pressure. From the raid, from Salem, from that simple little argument that started: a bickering that lead to Summer’s snapping tone and Jack, wandering off- alone.

It was no wonder

wonder what ?

He joined the Pitt: he lay claim to it, and Salem wouldn’t ruin that, what he built here. It was enough worrying, with a lashing tail and a snarl curled from his lips: the usually so controlled Marauder showed emotions unbefitting of a gentleman through the night, those who wondered inside the ashen city to a particular burrow of ice and soot would note the sound of ice shifting. [glow=#add8e6,2,300]A sound [/glow]so like glaciers splitting apart from one another: a great fissure that marred what once was a whole. The chill under their paws becoming more than the desert chill and a thing that harbored on a foreshadow to a harsh winter. The city was[glow=white,2,300] scant a life w[/glow]hen Jack stumbled free: eyes blazing a trail of ice blue. When bones [glow=grey,2,300]creaked and[/glow] fur fell to the sands and scales grew. When he quite sigh of night was met with the sound of ice and blood dripping. A wild growth of limbs that stained red and the silence from the creature- from the unholy winter that was created out of the Marader of the Pitt. In the light of a waning moon did Jack finally open his eyes for the first time since the night previous ( that he remembers ) and feel a bone deep ache, and a form that was not his own.

[glow=#5E5E5E,2,300]I want[/glow][glow=grey,2,300] to make[/glow][glow=#add8e6,2,300] you feel[/glow]

[glow=#5E5E5E,2,300]the pain —[/glow][glow=white,2,300] it feels so real[/glow]