Beasts of Beyond
DON'T EXPECT ME NOT TO FALL | OPEN, INJURY & DISCOVERY - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: DON'T EXPECT ME NOT TO FALL | OPEN, INJURY & DISCOVERY (/showthread.php?tid=3322)

Pages: 1 2

DON'T EXPECT ME NOT TO FALL | OPEN, INJURY & DISCOVERY - Margaery - 07-16-2018

MARGAERY FOLIE-MIKAELSON
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
MAKE ME QUEEN OR
I'LL MAKE YOU BLEED
Disoriented. Confused. Lost.

She didn't quite know what had happened as she staggered back into the Observatory, a wide gash traversing the length of her pelt. Somehow, someway, Margaery had made a miscalculation and what had followed had been practically a blur. Usually, her victims were dead before they even realized that she was upon them, perhaps a scream splitting the air as she stole their life. Hardly did anyone struggle against her- she was death and was able to select who lived and who died accordingly, fighting the inevitable was never wise. But she had underestimated her last meal, had let Genevieve's sadistic desire to play with her food surface instead of making a clean kill.

If she wasn't already a monster before, she certainly saw herself as one now, the blood that spilled from the wound inflicted on her black instead of red. In the few seconds that followed the injury's creation, both prey and predator had stared in shock, and then, her potential dinner had turned and fled. Obviously she was more than a murderer- she was something else, something demonic. Margaery couldn't understand it either but, dizzy with blood loss, knew better than to stand at gawk as she practically bled out. She had to go home.

And so she had, sinking to the ground as another wave of dizziness washed over her. [b]"Sugar, switch into your other body, you're losing blood rapidly." Genevieve. "No, Genevieve, you just want a taste of freedom." Margaery. And then, a softer voice, her demeanor shifting, ancient and archaic now, "It isn't like we can die anyways... there's no use arguing, please. Just... Just get some medical attention, okay Margaery?" Maarit.

Hopefully the scent of blood and her obviously rough state would be enough to garner some attention. She couldn't quite tell though, not as her vision slowly began to fade to black.
© MADI

Re: DON'T EXPECT ME NOT TO FALL | OPEN, INJURY & DISCOVERY - MirrorEdge - 07-16-2018

[align=center]
"Are you okay?" A strange question, considering the state Margaery was in, but still was a question, as Thea hopped from her perch in the tree, the leopard cub simply tilting her head at the sight of blood. The scent of blood, as usual, entranced Thea, but for the reason it meant a fight had probably took place.

"... Did you win the fight?" An assumption, but probably quite close to what Margaery had actually been doing. Not that that would bother Thea all that much. She didn't quite understand that Margaery needed medical attention, not quite, but still, she offered her own body to try and support the older female. She needed to stand. Look strong. Looking weak, even after winning a fight, was not something Thea was used to.

Re: DON'T EXPECT ME NOT TO FALL | OPEN, INJURY & DISCOVERY - Grimm - 07-16-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 420px; font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 10px; line-height: 110%; "]They knew all too well the smell of blood, coppery and dark, lingering upon the back of the throat, sticking there are though the liquid were present, had tasted it upon their tongue enough to know what it was. Yet it seemed different now, something richer and deeper, missing some vital part which seemed to mark it as something living, their mind struggled to comprehend what it was. Something deep within them, a twisting, squirming mass invading their stomach, curling tight until it seemed almost alive, forced them to move, abandoning their spot within the shade of a tree.

A monster. They were as such though no supernatural attributes were given to them, nothing beyond the ordinary though some deemed the way they moved, the frenzy in which their mind had once sank something more, a beast, untamed and wild, driven to blood lust. It had become faded, that sense they were something dark though still they felt the blood, stickly and wet still as it came to stain they paws, enough to make them sick, to allow hatred to harden their heart. They had thought their actions good once and now, looking upon hazy memory, it had all come crashing down, nothing more than a sugar they had sprinkled upon bitter medicine.

“Margaery...” They spoke quietly, murmured under the breath, as they spotted the collapsed figure, one of the few they had come to like, growing to enjoy her company, within such a precarious position. Robotic and stiff, seeming unresponsive as they forced themself to move closer, they could only look upon her for a time, seemingly unaware of Thea's presence. Black, her blood was black. Faintly they recalled someone had spoken of the vampiric nature of the Cosmic General, a being they had come across many times yet it had been death they had dealt, not healing.

“Hold on, please hold on,” speaking quickly they made a move to press against the gash, trying to stem some of the flow before turning to address Thea over their shoulder. “Get me some bandages, a lot of em, and uh...fuck what was it...” Gritting their teeth it became all too clear they were not suited to this, the worry which clouded their mind a buzzing static, overwhelming in its intensity. Art had no desire to see Margaery die and yet they could do little, a whimper escaping them as they struggled to think.

Re: DON'T EXPECT ME NOT TO FALL | OPEN, INJURY & DISCOVERY - MirrorEdge - 07-16-2018

[align=center]
Unfortunately for Artreus, Thea wasn't well versed in herbs and healing, either, but rushed off to grab bandages. Even if Thea didn't get the other item, they could change them and put it on later, right? Right. That made Thea feel a bit better.

Shortly after, the young leopard could be seen trotting towards Art, a roll of bandages in her mouth, which she deposited, with a mumbled, "Here you go!"

//rushed

Re: DON'T EXPECT ME NOT TO FALL | OPEN, INJURY & DISCOVERY - Cosmic - 07-16-2018

I smelled the blood, and came running. There was no way I was going to allow Margaery to die. I had experience in the field, and it seemed that Atreus was having difficulties. We couldn't have that on the job. I immediately set to work and slung my medicine bag off my shoulders, the necessary supplies contained within.

"Atreus, we need to work on this as a team, okay?" I explained calmly, and pulled out the herbs needed to aid healing, as well as the water. "We need to staunch the bleeding. Horsetail and marigold as a combination should do the trick. Keep applying pressure to the wound until I finish chewing these into a polutice. Thea, are you good with applying bandages?"

[align=center]
Her head tilted. "I mean, I'm not good at them, but I can manage it." It was a bit difficult, with bandages, though she had a bit of experience with herself, since her mother wasn't one to tend to a child's injuries, she ripped off a length, and after Playerone finished applying any poultices, the young leopard cub would begin to try and wrap them around Margaery's wounds. She offered the general her usual bright grin as she worked, not realizing she should be gentle with this sort of thing. But then again, Thea wasn't very gentle in general.

[align=center][div style="width: 420px; font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 10px; line-height: 110%; "]A team. They would be able to do this, each breathing slowly as they nodded towards Playerone, thankful for the help. A brief mile crossed their features as Thea began to bind the injury, becoming calmer with each moment that passed, moving their paws to better staunched the bleeding and permit Player to apply the poultice.

Re: DON'T EXPECT ME NOT TO FALL | OPEN, INJURY & DISCOVERY - Margaery - 07-16-2018

MARGAERY FOLIE-MIKAELSON
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
MAKE ME QUEEN OR
I'LL MAKE YOU BLEED
Voices... she could hear them distinctly now, drawing her from the black. She'd blink a few times, dazed as ever but filled with new purpose to fight for her consciousness. From the back of her mind, she detected a faint huff of annoyance from Genevieve, her counterpart obviously upset that she did not give into her desires and shift into her mountain lion form. She would not entertain her for even a brief moment, her focus now fixated upon Thea and her inquiries. Was she okay? She supposed that she would be- it was more so the grave realization of her miscalculation that wounded her, not the physical representation of her mistake. The next question earned a small coughing fit and a gravelly laugh. [b]"I'll be alright... and yes, sweet girl, I won the fight."

At least she wanted to believe she did anyways.

She hadn't gotten away with an easy meal as she had assumed but she had still managed to strike fear into an enemies heart, injured or not. When it boiled down to it, that was all that mattered. But oh did that wound hurt, her entire side aching now. Margaery wasn't losing blood as rapidly but still, the blood that did pour from the injury was black in color. She was faintly aware of the fact that it stained her side, her legs, her paws, but was distracted by Atreus' presence the moment she tried to strain and look at the mess she had become.

"Atreus, love... Thank you..." She breathed, voice fainter than it had before, her grasp on consciousness slipping again. She was vaguely aware of the arrival of Player as well as the bandages Thea now wrapped around her torso. All there was now was the voice in the back of her mind - Genevieve - that so desperately wished to swap places with her. "Genevieve, love, I told you once: no. You're making me contemplate switching with..." She trailed off, realizing that she was audibly responding to her counterpart's urgings. Whoops.

Everything was some sort of blur to her, the world around her fading quickly. She was struggling to hold on, to stay awake, but feared that she wouldn't be able to. She had lost a lot of blood - it had been a miracle that she had made it back to the Observatory in the first place. She just worried about who would potentially take her place if she gave into the darkness that surrounded her. Genevieve was the strongest of them all, she could easily surpass both Ingrid and Maarit if they didn't fight back.

She had to hold on.

She had to.
© MADI

Re: DON'T EXPECT ME NOT TO FALL | OPEN, INJURY & DISCOVERY - Cosmic - 07-16-2018

I chewed the leaves into a pollutice, and began to try and apply them to Margaery's wounds. She was losing consciousness so quickly. She was in a lot of pain. She wasn't pregnant, right? I could offer poppy seeds to ease her pain, and perhaps give her something if internal bleeding was also a concern.

"Shhh... Margaery. Preserve your strength. We've got you." I whispered softly, hoping that she could hear me.

After I was done applying the necessary ointment, I pulled out just enough poppy seeds to ease her pain and gently put my paw out towards her so she could lick them up if she had the strength. "I need you to take these if you can. They will help with your pain."

[align=center][div style="width: 420px; font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 10px; line-height: 110%; "]Love. That simple word, so soft and faint, gave the child pause. Many times Art had heard Margaery call those about her by such, a pet name seemly used out of habit, yet it left them oddly light, heart squeezing as they watched her fade into unconsciousness. Never had they cared for another, the basic bond of family little more than a trivial thing they held on to because they were taught to do so, their brethren connected by a war they had shunned. This was something different, something deeper which slowly began to worm through their hardened heart, a care deeper than mere want for a friend – in truth Margaery was becoming like a mother in their eyes, everything they had wanted and hoped for.

“Please don't go,” even the presence of the others couldn't stop the thrum of their heart, a bird beating against its cage, struggling to escape. Barely noticing Player was done they shifted to sit by Margaery's head, leaning down to press their nose against her neck. Their eyes prickled and burned, unshed tears barely held back as they bite down upon their lip, body shaking as they held back sobs. They were a child in every way no matter how unwilling they were to admit it, torn from a world they had barely understood and left lost and alone, clinging to the little they still had. They knew not of the struggle taking place within the injured feline, nor would they likely to care if they had, selfish in their desire for her to stay alive, to stay with them.

“Please...” Slowly they were breaking, already shattered pieces crumbling about them, the facade they struggled to keep in place no longer a comfort, it was a prison. Finally the first tear fell and they forced each breath to slow, not wishing to take attention away from her, to make this about them.