Beasts of Beyond
Athilis Evgenis - always the quick ones - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: Athilis Evgenis - always the quick ones (/showthread.php?tid=12660)

Pages: 1 2

Athilis Evgenis - always the quick ones - SirDio - 08-30-2020

Asteri
"The stars listen, so don't say something you'd regret."

Asteri has spent her time brisky getting used to the territory. If she was to stay for the time being, it would make sense to wander around. And even with the bandit issue, she thought her speed would work with her. She found that to be false as she was sniffing around a fallen tree.

The scent of bandit was obvious to her, but for some reason, the rustling behind the fallen tree wasn't. A flicker of marbled black fur. A flash of knashing teeth. Suddenly her back was on the ground and someone had bit down on her front left paw. A similarly colored, but marbled, fox had gotten her.

She stared at them. They stared back. Then she sent a particularly powerful kick to their mid section, sending them flying. Their teeth tore her paw and she yelped loudly in pain as it got twisted.

She hauled her ass up, a snarl ripping out of her throat as she charged the fox, biting down on their paw. She flung them one way, then threw them another way. The crunch she heard made her flinch.

Then something came at her from the side, their small body hitting hers and only slightly knocking her. Their teeth gripped her fur and tugged. While she struggled to get them off, the first fox charged her, biting at her neck.

She swung her body around so the fox met her haunches, where she buck-kicked them away and flipped herself around onto her back. She rolled back over as the other creature, a younger fox, scrabbled up. With a snarl, the pint-sized fox yelped and scampered away, followed by the other fox.

Asteri huffed, watching them flee. She tried to put weight on her injured paw, but whined in pain as it touched the ground.

"Ah, geez. Wasn't a smart move on my end.."

Re: Athilis Evgenis - always the quick ones - teef - 08-31-2020

[table][tr][td]
[Image: tumblr_podjm9hxLd1vd3h2u_540.gif]
[/td][td]
THE KINGPIN
golden lung dragon & black jaguar w/ vitiligo & platinum silver fox. unknown age - ancient. bai shi lynn lingré. proper chinese name is lin bai. prefers lynn if close. they/them. blind. wind element & electric element. firstborn son of jerisidie lingré & current head of family/general. courting delilah evergarden & halo mercer. kingpin of alithís evgenis. demiromantic gray-asexual. parent of veris, arvin, leoku, erian, flos, kekhai, evarhi, and laeglin. elder brother of ramona and hope, uncle of quennel and cosette.
[/td][/tr][/table]
brought in by the sounds of fighting, the golden dragon would arrive, hailing in their melanistic jaguar body, paws thundering against the ground where they should have been light and careful - best suited for sneaking in the shadows and launching ambushes. The scent of blood and fear washed over their nose, lips pulling back in a snarl as they arrived on the scene, doing a quick lap around Asteri, ensuring the foxes weren't going to return immediately.
Their fur was raised to show where their scales were, golden scales gleaming through at their deepest wounds, the faintest and smallest sliver of protection there.

Turning their head to look at her they chuffed, blind eyes half open, "Asteri ... I apologize. I would have been at the border to greet you had i know you would be arriving so soon." they murmured in apology, bending their head to sniff at her injuries, blind gaze inquisitive - and worried. maybe one of the others would know how to help her. They should have been here from the get go.

Re: Athilis Evgenis - always the quick ones - SirDio - 08-31-2020

Asteri
"The stars listen, so don't say anything you'd regret."

Hearing their paws, then seeing them, Asteri almost mistook Bai Shi for another bandit. Then she saw them circle her, then approach her. Their voice was a calming factor that soothed her shaken nerves. She let out a loose huff as they spoke, lifting her paw so it was easier for them to sniff. "No need to apologize - I may have uh... jumped the bull i suppose. Those bandits were uh... well they're something. They twisted my paw pretty badly, eheh." Her laugh, jittery and nervous, was quiet and even a bit scared.

Re: Athilis Evgenis - always the quick ones - teef - 09-01-2020

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
THE KINGPIN
[div style="width: 310px; max-height: 70px; height: overflow; overflow: scroll; padding-bottom: 5px; margin-top: 1px; font-family: verdana; font-size: 7pt; color: black; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: justify;"]golden lung dragon & black jaguar w/ vitiligo & platinum silver fox. unknown age - ancient. bai shi lynn lingré. proper chinese name is lin bai. prefers lynn if close. they/them. blind. wind element & electric element. firstborn son of jerisidie lingré & current head of family/general. courting delilah evergarden & halo mercer. kingpin of alithís evgenis. demiromantic gray-asexual. parent of veris, arvin, leoku, erian, flos, kekhai, evarhi, and laeglin. elder brother of ramona and hope, uncle of quennel and cosette.
[/td][/tr][/table]
they gave a soft chuff, breath flowing strongly from their nose as they let her get adjusted to the skin they wore. Fresh cuts on their face showed silver droplets of ichor welling up, some staining their dark fur in a ghostly reflection. They shook their head suddenly, an injury to their left ear bothering them as they hesitantly pawed the itchy split in sensitive skin.

Letting their paw return to the earth, they called a gentle breeze to the area around them, summoning all nearby scents. exhaling as they found no more immediate danger, they allowed their claws to slide back into their sheaths. returning their attention to the femme, they silently thanked her for lifting her paw for them. sniffing at her pad, they gently brought their paw up to rest under hers should she tire of holding her paw up.

barbed tongue gently and soothingly drawingover her fur lightly, the jaguar identified the broken skin, feeling their nose twinge in sympathy for her. drawing their tongue over the open wounds, they softly cleaned the blood from her paw, nosing her paw to try and find where she was hurt, where her paw had been twisted.

inhaling, they stomped on the feeling of sorrow, for she had gotten hurt coming to them. "I am grateful that you fended them off, asteri. They are quite adept at fighting, yes. Your paw? ... I hope that there is one with medical knowledge in our group or I must find one who has the training." they murmured softly, coming to stop beside her after finishing their investigation of her paw. pressing against her gently, they offered their shoulder and strength to help her calm down, tail resting over her back in a sign of comfort. "if walking proves to be too difficult, feel free to ask to climb onto my back. we are slowly securing sections of our land, otherwise making paths to those further away. i ask that you attend our meeting(clickable) when your paw has begun to recover some. I have more information and will reveal it there in my announcement." they murmured, taking brief comfort in her familiar scent although laced with fear. they would protect her, it was the least that they could do in gratitude for her agreement to help them.

Peaceful powerplay/touching given by Astral// [div]

Re: Athilis Evgenis - always the quick ones - SirDio - 09-01-2020

Asteri

Asteri watched in quiet concern, for both her and Bai, as they examined her paw and soothed it. She did let out a quiet whine as they nosed by her wrist joint, though. Aside from that, her fear slowly faded and she leaned on them for the extra support, thanking them quietly. "Thank you for the concern-" She began, a smile on her face. "I think walking shouldn't be too difficult." She listened as they spoke, ears alert and eyes scanning the area. "The group is making progress - that's good. I'll definitely attend the meeting once I'm a bit more up to scratch." She took a few limping steps around Bai Shi, testing her ability to walk with 3 legs. "so far, so good. I think I can walk pretty fine."

Re: Athilis Evgenis - always the quick ones - teef - 09-02-2020

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
THE KINGPIN
golden lung dragon & black jaguar w/ vitiligo & platinum silver fox. unknown age - ancient. bai shi lynn lingré. proper chinese name is lin bai. prefers lynn if close. they/them. blind. wind element & electric element. firstborn son of jerisidie lingré & current head of family/general. courting delilah evergarden & halo mercer. kingpin of alithís evgenis. demiromantic gray-asexual. parent of veris, arvin, leoku, erian, flos, kekhai, evarhi, and laeglin. elder brother of ramona and hope, uncle of quennel and cosette.
[/td][/tr][/table]
relishing the feeling of her fur blending with theirs, the jaguar huffed out a breath, noticing her whine as they nosed at her joint. that was concerning within itself, they would have to get that looked at. hopefully it was just a sprain... they wished her a quick recovery regardless. exhaling, they shook their coat before taking a few steps ahead and looking back, falling still as they let her catch up. Nodding their head with a smile, "Just take the time to recover."

Re: Athilis Evgenis - always the quick ones - SirDio - 09-02-2020

Asteri

"I will!" She grinned at them, following them in a swift limp. The injured paw wasn't a new thing for her, neither was hobbling around on three legs, but she knew better than to try and tempt her fate with that paw. A permanent injury wasn't going to do any good for the bandit situation, and neither was an injury that wasn't healed. The two went hand in hand, basically. As long as it wasn't injured too bad, It would heal rather quickly.

Re: Athilis Evgenis - always the quick ones - teef - 09-05-2020

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
THE KINGPIN
[/td][/tr][/table]
chuckling softly, they yawned, stretching out quickly as they meandered ahead a bit, tail flicking as they drew in the scents from the air around them, eyes narrowing the slightest. it felt strange... being out here once again. turning their head back to her, they exhaled warmly, the jaguar returning their attention to the winding path under their paws. blinking against the sun that they could feel upon their back, they gave a low purr, enjoying the minor comfort from the sun. "I'll take you to the inn. There are rooms on the main floor and second floor but the second floor has our records and books." they murmured, stopping to let her catch up, rubbing their shoulder against one of the boulders in the territory, leaving their scent there. Quietly, they worried over her paw's state, remembering their vow with a soft worried grumble.

Sorry its short//

Re: Athilis Evgenis - always the quick ones - SirDio - 09-05-2020

Asteri

She followed in step, her steps jovial for once in a long time. She looked around, familiarizing herself with the area. As she did so, she listened to Bai Shi, to everything around them, but mainly Bai Shi. Her eyes widened, hearing about the Inn. She let out a gleeful, but quiet gasp, hearing about the records and books. How long had it been, since her mother showed her the first book she ever read? Had to have been when she was only a hunting, her family's term for a pup from 8 months to 1 year.

"I haven't read a book in a long time - Only ever read one!" She exclaimed to herself out of shock - she had to have read a bit more, right? Random books found in rotting houses scattered along her wanderings. Some complex, in different languages with translations beside them, others more simple, with pictures taking up the whole page, and only a sentence or two to describe what was going on. She tried listing off the ones she knew she saw, but just couldn't.

"I'd love to read more - and learn of this group's history, too!" Her voice, now a bit less jovial as she had realized she was a bit too loud. To Bai, maybe she wasn't, but that constant bicker in her mind was what softened her voice. As she caught up with them, having slowed down a bit to think and wonder, her smile grew wider.

Re: Athilis Evgenis - always the quick ones - teef - 09-07-2020

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
THE KINGPIN
[/td][/tr][/table]
they couldnt help the smile that claimed their maw, her enthusiasm and gasps entertaining the ancient beast, tail curling. exhaling, they slid their claws into the ground below them, back arching as they stretched. it had been a very long time since they had read a book, and they were unable to teach their children such a wonderful talent. they were warmed by her words and excitement, "well, my dear, you can find your fill of books here." they couldnt help their soft laughter, happily amused.

Turning their face to the wind, they reveled in the breeze cutting through the trees and boulders the sturdy path finding it's way beneath their tired paws. Humming softly, they made their way ahead, claws sliding out of their sheaths before retreating, repeatedly. Spreading their jaws, they drank in the scents around them, uneasy as they rumbled, tail curling as their fur rippled along their spine. This war was a hard enough thing. "more about our history ... look at the boulders alongside the path. Read the names and words. When those who came before us arrived, they had no paper to write their stories upon, so they wrote upon the rock and we have added to it. It is a timeless technique, and amazing. If I had my eyesight, I could find the first founders of this mighty group." they murmured softly, leaping over a massive root in the path, waiting to help her past the obstacle.