Beasts of Beyond
Activities, Events, and Suggestions hub! - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+----- Forum: Uncharted OOC (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+----- Thread: Activities, Events, and Suggestions hub! (/showthread.php?tid=118)

Pages: 1 2

Activities, Events, and Suggestions hub! - Leigh - 03-16-2018

Since we just kickstarted Snowbound, I figured planning out events and suggesting ideas was in order, so here’s the thread for that. Please keep discussion related to possible events/activities.

Currently I’m thinking of what we could do for the inside of the caves to make it less dreary and more inviting and comfortable for everyone. Maybe we could have indoor lighting via torches on the wall or decorative strings of lanters on the ceiling?

Don’t be afraid to offer new ideas for the layout and look of the territory or how the tribe is organized! There are no bad suggestions here.

Re: Activities, Events, and Suggestions hub! - vellichor - 03-19-2018

I think decorating the caves sounds really cool!! Maybe they could also all get together and paint the inside of the caves or something, like what it talks about in guide? Also, maybe certain colors of paint could indicate rank or something and each time someone moves up a rank or joins, they have to add a new layer of paint in that particular color or design or something??

maybe we could also hold a ooc/ic meet and greet so everyone can get to know each other or a party of some sort to celebrate the start of the clan? Or maybe they could have some kinda festival that could become part of their traditions?? Like they could have art/fighting competitions and games and a specific type of food and after this festival they hold something similar either yearly or biannually or something?

Re: Activities, Events, and Suggestions hub! - Kicksie - 03-20-2018

♡ — ooo i really love the idea of decorating and painting the cave walls and such! Maybe we can have like dreamcatchers or something hanging down as well? I think that's sort of a tribal thing, right? and the color/rank idea is really cool wow

also just a small little thing but every time snowbound hosts an event they should always have hot cocoa for their guests haha xD

Re: Activities, Events, and Suggestions hub! - vellichor - 03-20-2018

omgg having hot coco would be so cute!!
maybe they could also do something like a tradition of some sort where every once in awhile they go outside of their caves/usual camp and have to camp out among the snow and cold and stuff?? and like it can be said that it helps them connect to nature or something like that since there seems to be a heavy emphasis on that? maybe it could even fuel plots where it's said they're more likely to see spirits/receive visions on that night/during that ritual?

Re: Activities, Events, and Suggestions hub! - Leigh - 03-22-2018

Aurora Borealis? Like seriously maybe we could have it so that every once in a while the “dancing lights” appear and we could hold a special festival then? I’m thinking maybe something for Snow’s founding— like a birthday party for the whole clan? At least to stsrt.

I really like the painting ideas :0
Good for bonding snd getting into some shenanigans.

Hot Chocolate will be a thing so help me. Everyone can have their own custom made mugs and everything. It can be like a staple of this place. so help me ill turn this into that hot chocolate scene from the polar express we might as well just live in a train

Re: Activities, Events, and Suggestions hub! - jacob w.c. - 03-23-2018

I don’t have time to post ic rn but I wanted to drop a few suggestions regarding ranks in here:

- I think the shamen trainee (I can’t remember the name rn rip) should be moved to a shp position or a the lionhearts should be moved to a hp position
- Because I think there should be a lionheart/fighter equivalent to the shamen/healer positions because rn reading the guide it seems like there’d be way too big of a pool of people to pick from when the leader dies/steps down
- Also maybe it’d be good to have a head (as the head lionheart and shamen) of those positions and then a selected deputy-like position so it’s clear who the next leader would be. This person would be more of a confidant to the leader and maybe be able to negotiate between the two groups. This also prevents anyone feeling passed over for the leadership position by narrowing the pool of candidates

Re: Activities, Events, and Suggestions hub! - cobblepot - 03-23-2018

i love the idea of painting the caves !! making some of it rank-oriented would be really cool as well oooo

would the aurora borealis idea be kind of incorporated into velli's?? bc that'd be heLLA awesome like,, where they all go outside and they camp out to watch the "dancing lights in the sky" and there can be like,, food and games and stuff ??? i think that'd make the clan a lot more unique + it'd be really fun to have a regular event !

i also like velli's ideas for ranks since when i read the guide some of it didn't seem super clear regarding successors and stuff ?

i don't have many original ideas lmao but i'll add on if i have more!

Re: Activities, Events, and Suggestions hub! - jacob w.c. - 03-23-2018

mmkay so i wrote up a mock up of what my proposed ideas would actually look like since they weren't super clear:

Chief (HP); The leader of the clan.

Snowseeker (HP); The second in command and aid to the leader. They take control of Snowbound once the current Chief dies. They have all the same powers as a Shaman and Lionheart but may also approve event ideas and schedule weekly tasks/prompts. They also act as a mediator in any fights between the factions of Snowbound.

Shaman (HP); The primary healer as well as the main link and messenger of the spirit world. Often older in age but may also be young. They report to the Snowseeker and Chief regarding anything to do with the healing faction of Snowbound and organize the medical team as a whole. They also help handle management of events and maintaining positive relationships with allies that the Snowseeker and Chief have approved. They have all the same responsibilities as tenderfoots.

Tenderfoot (sHP); Shaman in training. Their primary focus is studying medicine and religion while also taking an active part in strengthening alliances (such as acting as ambassadors and often hosting parties). They may accept event invitations and hold weekly tasks/prompts. 

Snowstriker (HP); The Snowstriker presides over the Lionhearts and contact the Chief and Snowseeker regarding anything to do with the Lionhearts (whether it be for defense purposes, internal conflicts, or managing current Lionheart members). They also are in charge of gathering information on Snowbound's enemies and allies to maintain the tribe's safety. They have all the same responsibilities as a Lionheart.

Lionheart (sHP); A small amount of specially chosen members who have proven to be an integral part of the tribe. Their primary focus is on defending the clan and coming up with strategies for both fighting enemies and hunting. They may accept invitations and hold weekly tasks/prompts.

Notes:
- I separated the names Snowseeker and Chief because I thought it was a little confusing having both but we can always change these. This is just meant to be a rough representation of what I was suggesting.
- I added in a few aspects to the Shaman and Lionhearts/Snowstriker because I didn't want either position to feel too boxed in. I think it'd be neat if we could do something where the Snowstriker/Lionhearts had to do something with a traditional hunt as well to link them more with the overall theme/religion (maybe once a month or something they go out and new lionhearts have to catch a certain amount of prey/a certain type of prey and bring it back for a feast?)
- Here are a couple alternate names I came up with that I think might fit the overall theme a little more:
Shaman: Snowhealer, Frosthealer, Frostshaman
Snowstriker: Froststiker

Re: Activities, Events, and Suggestions hub! - Leigh - 03-24-2018

A big old field trip for camping and watching the northern lights is a big hell yeah!! C;

Ooo that’s actually really neat! Thank you so much for the rank ideas. Honestly I’ll probably end up using them if that’s cool with you? The guide was never set in stone to begin with lol i just copy pasted my draft notes in there.

Re: Activities, Events, and Suggestions hub! - jacob w.c. - 03-24-2018

awesome!! maybe we could have that thread (with the first traditional camping thing and all that) this week and then after you set the ranks up, we'd have the traditional hunt thing for the lionhearts, if you wanted to do that?? and then it'd become a tradition every time someone is promoted to the lionheart position so the clan has feasts and parties together regularly and whatnot.

and no problem!! if you'd like to use them, you're totally free to do that!