Beasts of Beyond
Clanwide plot discussion - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+----- Forum: Uncharted OOC (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+----- Thread: Clanwide plot discussion (/showthread.php?tid=1122)

Pages: 1 2

Clanwide plot discussion - jacob w.c. - 05-05-2018

The poll for clanwide plots recently ended and sickness/something I’m the food/water was in first! This thread is mean to discuss specifics regarding that plot. There’s one idea that Roman had where something (whether sickness or bad food/water) and Snowbound temporarily has to leave their territory and stay with a clan (likely Typhoon given we’ve had the most interaction wit them) for a week or two. We’d post on their board primarily (basic interaction/plot threads) while we might have clean up/plot based threads here and we’d redirect joiners to whatever clan we’re staying with to avoid confusion (I’d also put up an ooc notice). I’d have to run this by cheets/whatever leader we end up staying with but I wanted to run that by all of you! We’d also still need to figure out specifics as to what’s wrong.

Re: Clanwide plot discussion - guts - 05-05-2018

track!!

it'd definitely prolly be smthing human-related, like dumping trash or poisoning the wildlife. to make it more interesting they cld also put down traps to catch them in??

Re: Clanwide plot discussion - Sympathy - 05-05-2018

I like the human threat idea. Maybe we could tie in possible human appearances or attempts to capture/shoot at the clan as they try to rid their home of the danger, maybe even have a battle/retaliation thread if it came to it.

Re: Clanwide plot discussion - jacob w.c. - 05-05-2018

i think that'd be interesting! esp. with maybe having some humans show up, though i'd want to double check bob rules to make sure that's fine (although i'm pretty sure it is because they'd just be npcs). my only problem with humans being the cause is that they're in a complete tundra, basically, so i'm not sure how/why people would be nearby or why they'd be putting trash/poison there?

Re: Clanwide plot discussion - Sympathy - 05-05-2018

maybe because it's just an empty space, someplace they'd last think animals would really be living in large numbers? not too sure how choosing a spot to dump trash works really but it's something.

Re: Clanwide plot discussion - melantha - 05-07-2018

I’m not too sure what the weather is like year round in Snowbound but I’m going to assume that since it’s getting into the summer months that the snow is/has melted which means that rivers are swelling. Basically, a truck carrying fuel or something to some remote mountain town or mining site North of the territory could crash (it could even be several to maximize the disaster), which causes the oil/fuel/toxic whatever to spill into a nearby river which then pollutes all the local water sources.

Re: Clanwide plot discussion - jacob w.c. - 05-07-2018

ooo I like that! Esp. with the town and everything. Actually, with Snowbound supposed to be a nomadic group, maybe it'd be cool if after they dump whatever got dumped/dropped into the river, then Snowbound goes to stay with Typhoon for a bit so they can recuperate (if you guys still wanted to do that), and then Typhoon and Snowbound drive off the humans together and then maybe Snowbound could move into the abandoned village higher up in the mountains?

Re: Clanwide plot discussion - Luciferr - 05-07-2018

Luci has water elementals it made me think though, so maybe those with water elementals (if its a water contagion) could offer to stay behind and slowly attempt to clean it out over the course of the event? or something (if its an air polutant same for air elementals, it could be interesting to RP out).

so like that could also be an interesting scenario to play out what its like living rationing etc for the 'cleaning crew'

or they could make periodic trips back to slowly help the area back to normal or smthn?

if theres humans there could be regular 'hunting parties' on either side trying to drive each other out too for those that remained (someone I guess would have to play as the humans in posts that weren't the 'clean up' crew so to speak)

Re: Clanwide plot discussion - jacob w.c. - 05-08-2018

ooo yeah that would be cool!! and i love the idea of rationing! Maybe I could make a thread to track supplies during the whole thing for those that are allowed to come and help clean/scare off humans (likely anyone who wants to other than kids)? I think that'd be a good ic way for them to see joiners too and let them know about the situation and then redirect them accordingly. Plus it'd kind of make the plot split into two to give more options for everyone.

and for humans i'm planning on just having them as npcs. I might post with the Snowbound account to give them actions/show what they're doing initially in a thread that involves them but then we can do pretty much whatever after that. I'll post again when they run off/leave but that'll be it.

Maybe all the pollution/whatever they spill could also cause prey to become more feral? So when they stay the night, they have issues with little animals coming into the tunnels and stuff and trying to bite/attack them.

Re: Clanwide plot discussion - Luciferr - 05-08-2018

yeah! I mean even IC one of the HPs if they stay behind could be the one to keep track of rationing or smthn too and ICly would indeed provide a better way to direct joiners during the event since not everyone goes in the OOC boards I think.

yeah thats what I meant by directing the NPC movement or smthn cx

more feral prey - like if they had a rabies like symptoms? kinda thing, yeah would add more risks for both the clean up crew and the humans there.