Beasts of Beyond
I AIN'T EASY — WEEKLY TASKS (TO 1/14) - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: I AIN'T EASY — WEEKLY TASKS (TO 1/14) (/showthread.php?tid=10995)

Pages: 1 2

I AIN'T EASY — WEEKLY TASKS (TO 1/14) - THEM - 01-07-2020

[align=center][div style="text-align:justify;width:55%;font-family:verdana;"]Kazuhira has spent a lot of time observing Tanglewood more than interacting with it. He knows plenty of faces, picked up plenty of names. Over time said faces made choices that allowed him to file them into neat little categories, in the same way that Leroy decided who was up for promotion. Known fighters, problem-solvers, and healers that had yet to join the medic team (categories one, two and three, as far as he was concerned) needed to be recognized, their talents exercised. It’s this sort of job that puts Miller in his element, not quite unlike the days he’d spent spread thin over hand-drawn spreadsheets (shaky, no-opposable-thumb sheets) trying to organize who was good at doing what in whatever rogue group he’d made himself at home in that week.

Although, this time, Kaz was simply handing out chores. Put ‘em to work so they’ll keep out of trouble, no?

“Come and get your tasks!” Maybe his call is a little more meaningful now that he has a title to carry. Won’t have everyone shooting him looks and playing bored, since Leroy’s got his back, gave him the seal of approval and everything. He’s got that whistle again, the one he used during training, and he gives it a shrill tweet as he hops up onto the dilapidated statue Leroy usually used as a podium. “Not mandatory, but it won’t earn you any points to skip out.”

(feel free to request ooc prompts/character scenarios as well as ic, if you'd like!)

Re: I AIN'T EASY — WEEKLY TASKS (TO 1/14) - charactercemetary. - 01-07-2020

[glow=#000,1,400]WE'VE BECOMES ECHOES BUT ECHOES, THEY FADE AWAY — 。+゚.[/glow]
Tasks, huh? That would help him get more well-known. The angora moves forward, smiling a bit. "Give me one, please!"

//ooc prompt too, sorry for this awful post

Re: I AIN'T EASY — WEEKLY TASKS (TO 1/14) - selby roux ! - 01-07-2020

[align=center][div style="width: 51%; text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: georgia;"]First tasks of the new year, huh? Selby had not seen much of Miller, though he supposed it was his own fault for being so absent. He must be making an impression if he was taking over giving out tasks. He made his way over and sat down. “I’d like a task, please.”

// could I get a mfing uh,,,,, ooc prompt please

Re: I AIN'T EASY — WEEKLY TASKS (TO 1/14) - spacexual - 01-07-2020

Re: I AIN'T EASY — WEEKLY TASKS (TO 1/14) - Blazic - 01-07-2020

[align=center]
SNARL[size=24pt]  [align=center]

Snarl could always use work. Anything to do. It was better than endless walking, or 'patrolling', though the marsh. Even aside from that - She liked working. Being useful, finding things to do. Snarl was nothing if not driven - She was here to help. Figured she should try and live up her position even moreso, now that she had one under her belt.
Walked up to Kaz, flashed a grin. Her new brother-in-title, a friend who had a taste for giving out orders.
"What would ya like me t'do?"

[div style="background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/GTU8f1w.png); background-size: cover; background-position: center; height: 90px; width: 40%; clip-path: polygon(11% 0, 87% 0, 100% 49%, 89% 100%, 10% 100%, 0 53%); margin-top: -745px; margin-bottom: 785px; margin-right: 27%"]

Re: I AIN'T EASY — WEEKLY TASKS (TO 1/14) - ABATHUR . - 01-07-2020

The harsh report of a whistle brought him over, a familiar sound that reminded him all too much of that one day near when he first joined when the cheetah had, in an act of crazed arrogance, decided to hold an impromptu boot camp. It was, then, a pleasant surprise, when the spider approached and was greeted by weekly tasks - truly, a welcome change from glorified sparring. "Task," he grumbled out, tiredly, before pausing to add, "please." The spirit of politeness.

//fun fact: ooc is also the sound a monkey makes
on that note, ooc prompt please

tags - "speech"

Re: I AIN'T EASY — WEEKLY TASKS (TO 1/14) - fulzanin - 01-07-2020

WE'LL MAKE A WAY WHERE YOU CAN FIND YOUR PLACE
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Weekly tasks. What fun they were! The one time Feza remembered one, well, it had been fun. She liked having a task assigned to her. Helped her focus. Her vibrant body made it’s appearance after the call had been made, ears raised and a smile ever present on her face. “I’d like a task too!” Her tail happily swung behind her, eyes glittering with sheer excitement.

//mobile

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
THE EMPTY CHAIRS WILL BE RESERVED FOR OUR PITY

Re: I AIN'T EASY — WEEKLY TASKS (TO 1/14) - wormwood. - 01-07-2020

i was born, on the highway, in a train wreck
with a heart, that was beating, out of my chest
Hmm, weekly tasks. Even if Aurum had been around for the meeting where Leroy had reinstated these, and had also heard Miller offer to give them out, the lion still found himself slightly surprised when the sound of come and get your tasks. Somehow Aurum doubted that his doting caretakers at the moment would be incredibly enthused about him doing something, but just laying around his house had begun to get boring, and he really wanted to get out and move. So, soon enough he found himself padding over to the crowd, rumbling softly, "You got one for me, Miller?" Even if the medics might get worried over him, Aurum was also fairly sure that Kaz knew to give him a task that wouldn't be too physically taxing on his injured body.
template by orion

Re: I AIN'T EASY — WEEKLY TASKS (TO 1/14) - THEM - 01-08-2020

[align=center][div style="text-align:justify;width:55%;font-family:verdana;"]ooc. prompts!
- kaito loses something of his own, and has to ask for help retrieving the object - perhaps he drops something in the marsh?
- selby gives a gift to a loved one, but starts to think that he picked the wrong thing.
- roy considers doing something adventurous, maybe even a little dangerous unbeknownst to him. whether he goes through with it or not is up to you.
- abathur becomes increasingly irritated by the realism inconsistencies of a spiderman comic he finds at the library (vintage, of course).

Kaito, yeah? Go start a glee club or something, I don’t know. You seem like the acting type.” What did you know? He really was just trying to keep everyone out of trouble for a day or two. He’d rather die than sit through a musical, but if it kept the kid busy then hell, he'd grin and bear it. He didn't know him all too well, anyway, but it wasn't hard to tell when somebody exuded the flourish of drama.

Selby, hold an emergency first aid class with Abathur. You’ll teach everyone how to handle life-threatening injuries if they’re alone, and Abathur will teach damage prevention while waiting on a medic.” Abathur wasn't considered a professional here, but he'd certainly proved his knowledge when Aurum was nearly killed. Killed and returned? Kazuhira wasn't sure. Either way, it would benefit the group to have the medically-inclined collaborate.

Roy. Aurum’s son, right? He sees the resemblance, only a little - that shy look in their eyes, the big smiles. Aurum is a chatty one, boisterous at times. Roy is sharp as a tack but never seemed to want to share what was on his mind, not without prompt. He chooses the boy’s job carefully. “I want you to get a discussion going about that incident that happened the other day, with the Pitt. How we handled it, what could’ve been done better - this is an exercise in mediation. Somebody can fill you in if you weren’t there, but all you have to do is keep the conversation civil. Aurum, I want you to be there too. You’ll discuss and decide on a contingency plan in case something happens again, and make sure everyone knows the attack strategy.”

Snarl, A reflexive grin. They’d been promoted together, however small, but he liked the sense of kinship their shared position carried. Friendship was a rare thing, for him. “Hold a training session again, we ought to be having more of those. Keep it defense-focused, maybe throw a twist in somewhere. Feza, put together a small party at the tavern. I know that’s you’re sort of thing, but keep it small. Classy. And - why not invite an ally over? Just for the hell of it.”

Re: I AIN'T EASY — WEEKLY TASKS (TO 1/14) - spacexual - 01-08-2020