2.0.2 Question about site.
Beasts of Beyond

Staff Question about site.

Offline Jiyu Simul Stamus

• The Rosebloods
  • Phaoroh Of The Rosebloods.
  • awards This character is the Pharaoh of The Rosebloods. This member won a February spotlight category! This member has participated in the 2018 site-wide Halloween event!
  • If You Chose To Stay, You'll Throw It All Away.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Question about site.
« on: January 01, 2019, 02:29:54 AM »
I just noticed I can't find an advertisement board and thought it a bit weird. Than wondered if we advertise on other sites? Just curious.
❦ "Sitting In The Corner, Wondering What You Got Into And You Ache For Things You Don't Understand." ❦

Jiyu's Adventure/Exploration Discovery Storage
❦ Pm or Discord To Accompany On Exploration. ❦

Offline BEATLES

• Prodigy
  • awards This member won a January spotlight category! This member has participated in the 2018 site-wide Halloween event! This user has contributed to the Guide Archive.
  • ✧・゚:*✧・゚:*
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Question about site.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 02:34:56 AM »
tru dat
we could probably rake in more members if we did so?
PUNCTURED BYCYCLE, ON A HILLSIDE DESOLATE
WILL NATURE MAKE A MAN OF ME YET?
classic rock queen — info — august of elysium — art shop

hiatus from the site as of march 2019. please see my profile for my contact info!

Offline Andromeda

• Former Staff
  • awards This member is or was a staff member on Beasts of Beyond. This user has contributed to the Guide Archive.
  • Holy Sugar Water
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 03:50:27 AM »
Hey! Great question! I don't have an answer for you off hand, but I think us staff will talk about it in the morning, and we'll see what we come up with!
ANDROMEDA
site moderator  •  ⅛ of the suts

Offline woody

• Rookie
  • sucker for ffvii content
  • awards This member won a January spotlight category! This member is or was a staff member on Beasts of Beyond. This member has participated in the 2018 site-wide Halloween event!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 02:59:54 PM »
very good point, i havent seen any ads around anywhere else on the net so advertising might be a good move!
she/her

plays Sephiroth, Pharaoh of The Rosebloods and Imali, a member of The Tanglewood.

• The Rosebloods
  • awards This character is the Pharaoh of The Rosebloods. This member won a February spotlight category! This member has participated in the 2018 site-wide Halloween event!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 04:23:38 PM »
I can help some if wanted if advertisement is decided on. But yeah, if we don't do it I think that it could be beneficial. Though it would likely be wisest to have someone from the site really good with graphics to make a clickable advertisement first, those tend to go over best.
❦ "Sitting In The Corner, Wondering What You Got Into And You Ache For Things You Don't Understand." ❦

Offline Orion

• Administrator
  • ★ ★ ★
  • awards This member participated within Valentine's Day 2019! This member is or was a staff member on Beasts of Beyond. This glorious member has donated to our very special Breast Cancer October event. This user has contributed to the Guide Archive.
  • ★ ★ ★
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 05:00:18 PM »
I actually did have advertisements out on the internet! (per the old affiliates program that broke) Perhaps they've disappeared into the depths of RP collections. Seeing that the site has changed a bit, I can definitely request to remove them and reupdate as needed.

Ideas? Ways to advertise and sites to post the site on would be wonderful!
administrator of beasts of beyond!
characters - discord: star#0061

Offline tikki

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 05:14:21 PM »
from what I can think of so far, sites like lioden and chickensmoothie, I believe, you are able to post in your signature other sites, so a banner would be good there

ummmmMMMM

other than that, tumblr/instagram/twitter and have people reblog and retweet stuff if able
☆ 20 years old
☆ junior moderator
storage
the babies
art shop
art dump
follow me on twitch to watch me stream !

• The Rosebloods
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 05:27:09 PM »
In terms of ideas in my experience its best to find sites that have policy's which include things which allow us to bump advertisements we've made on them every so often and have someone in charge of it as it makes consistent advertisement easiest. Other than that, some sites only allow ads if they can link back, etc. Alongside the stuff tikki mentioned.
I can gather a list of sites but I would need to know if we'd be adding a link back board or not and if staff only wanted to advertise to a certain protion of the internet roleplay community or just as a whole, so I don't go compiling a list of sites that will just remove our advertisements for breaking their policies?

Offline axiom

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 05:32:53 PM »
go ahead and compile a list of sites for that -- we'll debate adding an advertising board (but i think it's needed, honestly, i was gonna bring it up but i kept forgetting lmao)
KEEP YOUR JUDGEMENT
I'VE HAD ENOUGH — YOU'RE NO SAINT, YOU'RE NO SAVIOR!
( ♛ ) -characters. & intj. & chaotic good. & site mod. 」

• The Rosebloods
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2019, 05:55:29 PM »
ON IT!
Give me a few hours into tomorrow morning to account for if RL takes me away for the computer and there will be as complete of a list as I can manage. <3

Offline axiom

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2019, 06:00:08 PM »
awesome, thanks! and no rush of course, take all the time you need for that i know what a pain it is lol
KEEP YOUR JUDGEMENT
I'VE HAD ENOUGH — YOU'RE NO SAINT, YOU'RE NO SAVIOR!
( ♛ ) -characters. & intj. & chaotic good. & site mod. 」

Offline tikki

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2019, 08:25:03 PM »
also, as far as advertisement goes, I can advertise on my twitch ~
☆ 20 years old
☆ junior moderator
storage
the babies
art shop
art dump

• The Rosebloods
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2019, 01:58:18 PM »
Anyways, in terms of sites that require link back enabled some of them don't want to have to make their own account just to advertise. So we'd benefit from making an advertising account the user and password of which could be detailed in the advertisement board description. It's not unusual and also keeps the member count from including one time to advertise accounts.
This is a small starting list of some animal sites. I had compiled a much more full list but my computer got a pop up and I had to shut down, so I lost it cause my dim wit self put it in this section instead of a google doc or something. Every week or two I can find some more sites if wanted and just forward them to whoever does ad's if its devoted to one person or a team. This is the end of the span of time I devoted to this for this week though.

http://yavania.udocoded.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51
https://soulsrpg.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=30
http://vive.boards.net/board/1/advertising
http://infidelis.boards.net/board/16/advertising
https://dires.net/forum-4.html

Offline Orion

• Administrator
  • ★ ★ ★
  • awards This member participated within Valentine's Day 2019! This member is or was a staff member on Beasts of Beyond. This glorious member has donated to our very special Breast Cancer October event. This user has contributed to the Guide Archive.
  • ★ ★ ★
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 01:59:04 AM »
//edit, gonna try and do these tomorrow
Oh
Banners! Got it. I definitely did have a beautiful purple one for a long time, but I think it’d better if we use something more modern and in tone with the website!

Social Media? You bet. I haven’t posted on the Instagram just yet, but you can follow our Twitter/Instagram/Tumblr at @BeastsOfBeyond.

Also thank you for compiling a list. I know Axiom and I previously discussed sites I had advertised on (I think I only recognize Souls/Dire from that list, but never advertised on either). Any of those would be excellent suggestions to indulge in.

Now all we need is an interesting description of the site to rope people in. How would all of you describe the site in a sentence?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 01:59:20 AM by Orion »
administrator of beasts of beyond!
characters - discord: star#0061

Offline tikki

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2019, 10:54:54 AM »
"An inclusive pg-13 animal roleplaying site with interesting twists" maybe?

Those twists being the shops and powers and such
☆ 20 years old
☆ junior moderator
storage
the babies
art shop
art dump

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:

'BEASTS OF BEYOND + an ability-based animal roleplay In Dire Straits: Awoo In Dire Straits: Awoo BIANDRI: fantasy canine rpg RPGfix