Game SONG SWAP

Offline windy

• New Blood
  • MIA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: SONG SWAP
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2020, 10:52:20 PM »
I'm going to be real here—I don't vibe with this song at all. The singer's voice is nice, but not distinct. I'm left with a sour taste in my mouth because I'm left feeling like I just listened to a Fitz and The Tantrums song, a group which happens to be one of my least favorite groups ever due to their constant use of meaningless, repetitive lyrics and choruses backed by tracks of little substance. I'd give this a 3/10. Don't like it.

"Humility" - Gorillaz
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 10:53:14 PM by windy »
don't let my sorrow turn to hate
characters he/him & storage

Offline stygian

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2020, 12:06:10 AM »
I personally just dont like Gorillaz. I have to admit, the vocals are nice and the beat is nice, but the song feels the same all the way through.

The Seed - Aurora
deviantart / toyhouse / Stygian#8877 」

Offline Orion

• Administrator
  • ★ ★ ★
  • awards This user killed a bunny in the Easter egg hunt of 2020! This user found an egg in the Easter egg hunt of 2020! This member won the 'Best Villain' category in BoB's 2020 choice awards. This member won the 'Best Plot' category in BoB's 2020 choice awards. This member won the 'Best Plot-Maker' category in BoB's 2020 choice awards. This amazing member has donated to our rainforest preservation charity event in October. Someone found this special toucan during October 2019's charity event. This member participated within Valentine's Day 2019! This member is or was a staff member on Beasts of Beyond.
  • ★ ★ ★
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2020, 09:59:49 PM »
I like the slower parts of the song that highlight her singing, but the more upbeat songs are really over saturated with background beats. It's really overwhelming tbh.

Lock It Up - Eminem ft. Anderson Paak

admin - characters - discord: star#0061

Offline toboggan

• SLEDMEISTER
  • awards This member won the 'Funniest Member' category in BoB's 2020 choice awards. This amazing member has donated to our rainforest preservation charity event in October. This member donated to Beasts of Beyond. Thank you! This member is or was a staff member on Beasts of Beyond. This member won an April spotlight category! This member won a January spotlight category! This member has participated in the 2018 site-wide Halloween event!
  • ♔ doo dee doo
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2020, 04:56:19 PM »
okay so i've had to play a lot of eminem's songs at my job when it was club night;; and i don't think i've played this one as much as his other ones, but i definitely remember this one going through the speakers at one point or another. im just gonna be frank, im not a fan of most rap songs, and im not a fan of this one. hi-hats are overused to the point of it actually bothering me, and i found the use of eminem's voice somewhat vexing. the song has some upsides too- anderson .paak was pretty good in all of his parts, eminem's rhymes were cleverly written, and the sample isn't bad.

mama
LOST IN THE CRAZE
tobo | he/him | dipshit | character art | ❆

Offline fluffy

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2020, 06:27:51 PM »
I actually really enjoyed this one. the vocals were raw and fierce in a very pleasant way, and it’s not something that I get to hear very often. this ones going on the playlist. 9/10

anecdote
— site idiot
— selby + zora in tanglewood
— matching w/ tricky

Offline Orion

• Administrator
  • ★ ★ ★
  • awards This user killed a bunny in the Easter egg hunt of 2020! This user found an egg in the Easter egg hunt of 2020! This member won the 'Best Villain' category in BoB's 2020 choice awards. This member won the 'Best Plot' category in BoB's 2020 choice awards. This member won the 'Best Plot-Maker' category in BoB's 2020 choice awards. This amazing member has donated to our rainforest preservation charity event in October. Someone found this special toucan during October 2019's charity event. This member participated within Valentine's Day 2019! This member is or was a staff member on Beasts of Beyond.
  • ★ ★ ★
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2020, 04:55:09 PM »
Kinda reminds me of a more modern Beatles? I like the vibe of the song, but the background track really overpowers the singer's voice.

Sweetener - Ariana Grande bc this album is a bop

Offline toboggan

• SLEDMEISTER
  • awards This member won the 'Funniest Member' category in BoB's 2020 choice awards. This amazing member has donated to our rainforest preservation charity event in October. This member donated to Beasts of Beyond. Thank you! This member is or was a staff member on Beasts of Beyond. This member won an April spotlight category! This member won a January spotlight category! This member has participated in the 2018 site-wide Halloween event!
  • ♔ doo dee doo
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2020, 03:30:25 AM »
i wasn't a fan of how ariana layered and enhanced her voice in this one; she's got one of the best voices there is, and she often ends up sounding robotic bc of how the songs are produced. i really didn't like the constant ad-libs throughout the song, they actually irritated me. the song itself felt very gimmicky in its simple and monotonous chorus. the actual melody wasn't that bad, and like i said, ariana grande has a very good voice; but i didn't like the song that much.

free at last (the actual song doesnt start until 1:28)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 03:30:47 AM by toboggan »
LOST IN THE CRAZE

Offline Orion

• Administrator
  • ★ ★ ★
  • ★ ★ ★
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2020, 05:02:42 PM »
At first, I thought it was a bit much, but as the song progressed I started to enjoy the vibe. As someone who's a percussionist, I really enjoyed the drums. That drummer has some amazing talent. The guitarist was impressive too, especially with those complicated riffs. Needless to say, I liked this one! (That video tho lmao)

Word Up - The BossHoss

Offline toboggan

• SLEDMEISTER
  • ♔ doo dee doo
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2020, 01:02:32 AM »
this song was in the kingsman and i fucking loved the kingsman. i cant help but associate that song with the movie - but for the song's sake, that's a good thing. it's a really fun, groovy song, and i think that driving while listening to it would be a fucking experience and a half.

magic power
LOST IN THE CRAZE

Offline Orion

• Administrator
  • ★ ★ ★
  • ★ ★ ★
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2020, 02:37:51 PM »
Let me just say that beginning enticed me. I'm all for a soothing guitar and then the slow ascension into the singer's woes. Such powerful words too. 'I'm young, I'm wild, I'm FREE.' As you progress, the band adds in more aspects. As someone who LOVES classic rock, this song is A+++! I've heard of Triumph, but haven't listened to them that much. This is going on my playlist. <33333

Hits - TrippyThaKid & no records (feat bbno$)

Offline toboggan

• SLEDMEISTER
  • ♔ doo dee doo
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2020, 01:57:19 AM »
the ad-libs were undesirable, but that's the only downside i could find to the song. the beat was decent, the tune's vibes were rly chill, and the rhymes were clever and crafty (though that last part's pretty much expected for a song that has bbno$ in it). it was dope. 7/10

money
LOST IN THE CRAZE

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:

'BEASTS OF BEYOND + an ability-based animal roleplay In Dire Straits: Awoo BIANDRI: fantasy canine rpg RPGfix