2.0.2 IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN / seakit
Beasts of Beyond

Private IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN / seakit

Offline goldenluxury

• The Typhoon
  • I CAN AND I WILL.
  • awards This member won the 'Best Leader' category in BoB's 2020 choice awards. This member won the 'Best Couple' category in BoB's 2020 choice awards. This member won the 'Most Well-Known Character' category in BoB's 2020 choice awards. This member won a January spotlight category! This character is the Captain of The Typhoon. This member has participated in the 2018 site-wide Halloween event!
  • THE LIBERATOR
    • View Profile
    • Awards
IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN / seakit
« on: March 25, 2020, 10:28:11 AM »
AND I'VE COME REVELING, BURNING INCANDESCENTLY
LIKE A BASTARD ON THE BURNING SEA
YOU'RE  JUST  LIKE  YOUR  FATHER
informationplotting
BURIED   DEEP   UNDER   THE   WATER
A certain conversation the female had been waiting to have was taking place, without her knowledge, between her child and a woman she despises. One that'd only worsened the guilt in her gut.

The female was in the living room, humming quietly to herself as she picks up around the hut. Don't worry about it, she'd told her lover, she'd take care of the mess. Dynamics were strained between the two of them, beginning to do things separately now more than ever before, and she feels slightly anxious about it, when she starts to think about it. But maybe, she convinces herself, it was normal. Maybe it was just because they'd spent so much time together. Maybe it was because they were a bit tired after taking care of their growing children all day that they needed some time to themselves. That made sense. And for now, it would do as an explanation in her mind. She hummed to try and distract herself - whenever she was alone it did not take long for her thoughts to wander, turn back to something that only hurt her productivity and mood. She had responsibilities, the children would likely be home before she could calm herself down, it was still daytime, and she didn't want to have one of them potentially walk in on her too far gone.

Goldie adjusts the pillows on the couch, being shuffled around by both the cubs and her and Sam's activities spent together on their large seat, simply busying herself for the morning.

@Seakit Roux. 
OH MOTHER, TELL YOUR CHILDREN
NOT TO DO WHAT I HAVE DONE
SPEND YOUR LIVES IN SIN AND MISERY
IN THE HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN

Offline Seakit Roux.

• New Blood
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN / seakit
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 03:26:07 PM »

SEAKIT ROUX

health 100% . weak, young . no powers . baby . minor peaceful powerplay allowed
Someone listening closely may have heard the cibs sniffles before anything else as he slowly trudged into the house. Oversized paws dragged the cub forward, head bowed as he walked. Once he had finally entered his own home, he'd lift his head in search for his mother. Upon spotting Goldie, he moved towards her, dropping his head once again.

"Momma... Can I" he paused to sniffle a few times before continuing "Can I ask you a question?" He would look up to her, standing behind his mother's paw and lifting his head to look up at her.

//low muse
“The sea does not like to be restrained.”
seakit roux . biography . tags . tiguar . @/kinglykingstone . plotting

Offline goldenluxury

• The Typhoon
  • I CAN AND I WILL.
  • awards This member won the 'Best Leader' category in BoB's 2020 choice awards. This member won the 'Best Couple' category in BoB's 2020 choice awards. This member won the 'Most Well-Known Character' category in BoB's 2020 choice awards. This member won a January spotlight category! This character is the Captain of The Typhoon. This member has participated in the 2018 site-wide Halloween event!
  • THE LIBERATOR
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 05:55:47 PM »
informationplotting
The female has grown fairly used to hearing the cries of her cubs, whether it be from them accidentally hurting themselves, not getting something they want, or simply wanting attention. It was a pretty common occurence with how young they still were, and she's known the steps to asking them what's wrong, making sure they feel comfortable, explaining or sympathizing, and calming them down as they needed. However, just because she was used to it, didn't mean she wasn't concerned each time she heard if. If her children were upset, then it was for a reason and she wanted to make sure it got resolved as soon as possible. So, when Seakit came rushing underneath her, the female looked down with worry, warmth in her eyes as she sat down, lowering her head to the cub. Her feathered ears face forward, listening to his soft request to ask her a question.

"Of course, honeypie, you can ask me anythin'." Her voice comes out silky and sweet, gently reassuring the boy. It did soothe her to know, at least, he felt comfortable enough to come to her when he's upset about something. She wouldn't ever want any of them to feel like they couldn't talk to her about something.

//mobile + @ work oop

Offline Seakit Roux.

• New Blood
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 10:33:47 PM »

SEAKIT ROUX

Seakit pressed himself against his mother, taking a moment to soak in her warmth. His eyes shuttered closed, breath shakey as he prepared to ask his question. He didn't understand what was going on, why his chest fel like Brandykit was laying on him. "Momma..." he sniffled once more, rubbing his head against her leg in an attempt to comfort himself. "Did I... Did i really have another sister?"
“speech”

Offline goldenluxury

• The Typhoon
  • I CAN AND I WILL.
  • THE LIBERATOR
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 10:06:41 AM »
informationplotting
The words hit her senses, and instantly, without thinking, her face drops. Her heart sinks lower and lower. Her gaze goes distant for a few moments, and she looks away. The flames in her head begin to crackle once more and she closes her eyes, trying to ignore them. If she were to guess whatever it was Seakit had been upset from - it certainly would not have been this. The female's head hangs lower, and she lays down, adjusting herself so that her cub would still be around her leg, but not be crushed by her chest. She blinks a few times, focusing on her breaths to try to keep herself calm, keep herself grounded. Her children did not deserve to see her in this state - it would be wrong of her to be such a way in front of them. Whoever had told him, she didn't concern in her mind. Eventually it would happen, her life has always been such a public affair, and people spoke. Many of her crewmates witnessed her grief firsthand. The cries of their captain, filling her hut, the rage at anyone who'd disrespect her or claim that she was weak. No, there would be no doubts about their captain's strength. She knows grief. She knows guilt. And it wasn't gone, but goddammit, she was holding herself together. And goddammit, her child was sitting here, crying, waiting for an explanation from his mother.

She lets in a deep breath, blinking and turning her gaze back to him. "Yes." She confirms with a curt nod, her voice soft and shaky. A temptation to look away once more, but she keeps her gaze on Seakit. "Her name was F-Freyja. She...was the sm-smallest o' all o' you." To see his mother so hesitant, so upset over something, would surely be a foreign thing to the cub, and she was trying her hardest to hide it, put on a braver face, keep her voice level. But, this...this was the best she could do. "She wasn' alive wit' all o' you...when y-you all were born. She'd died sometime before. There was n-...nothin' anybody could do." Goldie gulps, breathing for a few more moments before continuing to explain. It was hard to find the right words to say, but she was trying. It was important he took this the right way. She didn't want to say this to her cub, not so early. They still had so much they needed to learn. But it was too late, and he'd heard, and she couldn't take back whatever words somebody said - she wouldn't lie to his face. And so, she decides...to explain what she's felt.

She lets in another deep breath, her voice softening, steadying a bit more. "There's an emotion y'feel, when you lose somethin' important t' you. Is' called grief. Everybody feels it at least once. An' it's really a whole lot o' feelin's in one." Her head tilts, and she curls her paw around Seakit, holding him closer in a gentle grasp. "Y'feel sad, angry, guilty - you try t' deny what happened, sometimes it's the worst you'll ever feel. But, after some time, ya learn t' accept it, n' let go. Not forget, but move on for better things, 'cause whatever you lost, wouldn't want you feelin' so upset for so long, n' there's a whole lot more left for you t' do, at least." Perhaps one of the most important things she could teach her children - what grief was, how to deal with it, and to know that it was normal. Everyone goes through it at some point. She didn't want Seakit to think that he upset her; it hadn't anything to do with him. "Sometimes you get over it quick, n' sometimes it takes a long time. But either way, the best you can do is t' try to keep gettin' up, n' to be honest wit' your friends." And that was really all it was.

"Understand, babaí?"

Offline Seakit Roux.

• New Blood
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 05:12:15 PM »

SEAKIT ROUX

Guilt flooded the cub as his mother seemed to emotionally collapse. As she layed down, he proceeded to do the same, curling up in a ball between her paws. He rested his head on one of her paws, looking up at her with his eyes. He remained silent as he listened to his mother speak. He pressed against her as she grew upset, attempting to mimic what she had always done for him when he got upset. What always helped him though?

Oh, he knows! It always made him happy when she would goom the top of his head! But, he was much shorter than her and, frankly, he was comfortable where he was. Feeling like the smartest cub in the world, he began to groom the top of her paw; the perfect meet-in-the-middle in his mind. The cub nodded every now and then as she spoke, trying to properly wrap his mind around what she was saying. "Is it... Is it like the time I found that really pretty shell on the beach but then after I carried it around for awhile I accidentally broke it and felt really really bad?" He could remember that day pretty clearly, he'd spent a long while crying and searching the entire beach looking for the same shell again.

It was the only example he knew, the closest thing he could wrap his head around. He tried to imagine Freya, what she may have looked like. What would have it been like to have another sister? Would she have been tough and rowdy like Brandy? Or more like himself? Would she have liked him? Would there have been enough room in the bed for her? 

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:

'BEASTS OF BEYOND + an ability-based animal roleplay In Dire Straits: Awoo BIANDRI: fantasy canine rpg RPGfix