2.0.2 I DO IT ALL THE TIME / sage tryouts
Beasts of Beyond

Open I DO IT ALL THE TIME / sage tryouts

Offline goldenluxury

• The Typhoon
  • I CAN AND I WILL.
  • awards This member won the 'Best Leader' category in BoB's 2020 choice awards. This member won the 'Best Couple' category in BoB's 2020 choice awards. This member won the 'Most Well-Known Character' category in BoB's 2020 choice awards. This member won a January spotlight category! This character is the Captain of The Typhoon. This member has participated in the 2018 site-wide Halloween event!
  • THE LIBERATOR
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I DO IT ALL THE TIME / sage tryouts
« on: February 27, 2020, 10:29:14 PM »
AND I'VE COME REVELING, BURNING INCANDESCENTLY
LIKE A BASTARD ON THE BURNING SEA
YOU'RE  JUST  LIKE  YOUR  FATHER
informationplotting
BURIED   DEEP   UNDER   THE   WATER
It was always inevitable, that she would have to host these every few months. Usually a sort of shame, admitting when it's time she needs to, but it was certainly for the best that she did take action. There was a lot of bullshit going on, and with her added weight that only grows more apparent each day, she could not be the sole individual responsible for everyone's health. Especially when it came time to...unloading that weight, possibly in less than a month now, as scary as that was to think about. If she waited much longer, she may not be a viable sort of host, or even mentor to whoever did decide to try for the position, but at this point she could at least teach the basics if their current sage did not prove themself to come back into activity. And, there was the fact her aunt was here now, too, who'd held the soothsayer position for so long. Though she would not force the other into such a task of mentoring if she did not desire it. It was, at the very least, an option to consider. She was not so worried this time, at least, she feels confident in her own abilities enough, and she figures she'll at least have one or two crewmates interested to learn, at the bare minimum, and that knowledge was just as useful as knowing how to defend oneself.

She'd kept up this same method of testing for new sages since her papa had done it. It was simply more efficient, and showed much better potential than if she were to simply sit here lecturing over the basic herbs and how and when to use them. No, she wanted others to actually put their own effort in, learn something new, show others what they learned in the process. And so, the captain sets down a basket of various medical books onto Barracuda Bay, looking around as she lifts her head. "Anyone interested in becomin' a sage or soothsayer, the positions are open for tryouts!" she calls out loudly and sharply, keeping sure everyone even remotely near could hear her voice boom. "To do so, simply host a lesson 'bout some sorta medical knowledge. If you ain't got any, start readin' 'bout that shit! Got books for a reason."

(PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU'VE POSTED THE LESSON THREAD WITH YOUR CHARACTER, PLEASE LINK IT HERE SO I DON'T MISS ANY! ALSO THE LESSON CAN BE ABOUT ANYTHING, SO LONG AS IT'S RELATED TO MEDICS IN SOME WAY.)
OH MOTHER, TELL YOUR CHILDREN
NOT TO DO WHAT I HAVE DONE
SPEND YOUR LIVES IN SIN AND MISERY
IN THE HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN

Offline roan ;

• The Typhoon
  • [ THE SEARCHING ]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: I DO IT ALL THE TIME / sage tryouts
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 04:35:09 PM »
♡ — Ah! Sage tryouts? The mere mention set Roan's body ablaze with excitement, the small male's eyes lighting up with ideas as soon as Goldie had finished speaking. He had learned some stuff from aunt Rosemary, and he could always find some books for the stuff that he didn't know... he was definitely going to participate! Smiling cheerfully, Roxie's son practically shouted up to his cousin, enthusiasm overflowing, "I'm gonna do one! And it'll be super great, I promise!" The boy didn't even wait for a response from anyone before he was bounding off, not yet sure what he was going to do the lesson on, let alone how he was going to do it.

( BROKEN BONES LESSON BY ROAN! )
I SAID I DIDN'T WANT TROUBLE
draconic feline – 7 months – tags

Offline romanempire

• Warrior
  • tortured soul
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 06:20:07 PM »
ROMANEMPIRE
"I'm sorry, secret siren, but I'm blocking out your calls"
Roman knew medicine, knew an extensive knowledge of it actually, but he didn't like being in the positions holding the power over others's lives as a job. Bad things tended to happen to him when he was in those positions, so he'd decided long ago to steer clear of them. "I'd rather not at the moment, but until someone's picked I can help out with medicine... or even when they're picked if they need help around the territory Goldie." he'd speak out, looking up at the pregnant feline, ears flicking slightly to the back before turning away for a moment. It was the season of children, he knew that, and it worried him with the amount of medicine there would be at the moment with all of them coming soon.
tags - penned by @ tikki
template by orion

ROMANEMPIRE | PLUTO x NPC | AGELESS | TYPHOON | POWERS
MEDIUM | ATTACK IN BOLD #EE2B47 | SINGLE | REFERENCE

Offline ROXANNE R.

• The Typhoon
  • [ ✧*:・゚THE CLAN MOM ]
  • awards This member won an March spotlight category within 2020!
  • [ ✧*:・゚CANNIBAL QUEEN ]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 07:17:04 PM »
I LOVE YOU, CANNIBAL QUEEN !。+゚.
Sage tryouts?

Roxanne could never imagine herself ever being in a medical field due to her personal little problem when it came to the smell of blood, even the faintest scent of it made her dizzy though she did her best in controlling those urges of her as of late even if she had messed it up by what she had eaten recently a week ago. She pushed these thoughts aside not wanting to think too much on it instead, she would walk over with both of her curved ears perked forward. A smile etched onto her maw, the draconic jaguar was happy to see Roan so excited and the way he bounded away made a giggle slip from her lips. That was definitely her son and she was fuckin proud to be his mother, she sat down curling her tail around her paws neatly wondering how many lessons would be held. They needed a sage or well, someone with medical experience around to make sure no one died of an infection though she was certain that everyone at least knew the basics of medicine or she hoped so anyways. ✧*:・゚

✧*:・゚ ━  I FEEL NO NEED TO FORGIVE BUT I MIGHT AS WELL
BUT LET ME KISS YOUR LIPS SO I KNOW HOW IT FELT !

DRACONIC FELINE & 3 YEARS OLD & THE TYPHOON

Offline RAIDEN.

• New Blood
  • you’re not innocent now
  • ‘cause your whole world’s inside out!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 02:19:04 AM »
He had healed Ranger’s wounds back when they were humans far more often than either of them would like to admit, but that was thanks to Raiden’s knowledge of healing. They didn’t have insurance, or rather good insurance, so they did what they could to get by. Thankfully Raiden had a few tricks up his sleeve being an EMT in his previous life, and a course or two in herbalism and animal first aid. And now that they were offering them shelter here in this island, he might as well offer his services too. It was only fair.

Miss Goldenluxury, I would like to participate.” He gave a smile, giving a flick of his long, serpentine tail. “I’ll go set up a class as soon as possible, if that’s okay.” He shyly adds before wandering off.

Why was he asking permission? He didn’t know- it was just a habit of his that he always had. But it seemed to benefit in some cases. He just wanted to help the Typhoon out now that they would be living there for a while.

//Thread is here: https://beastsofbeyond.com/index.php?topic=14503.0
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 01:20:11 AM by RAIDEN. »
STICK TO YOUR GUNS -
Raiden - The Typhoon - Member - Hellhound/Dragon hybrid - Trans male - Best Friends with Ranger - Art by Kinglykingstone.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:

'BEASTS OF BEYOND + an ability-based animal roleplay In Dire Straits: Awoo BIANDRI: fantasy canine rpg RPGfix