2.0.2 telekinesis limitations
Beasts of Beyond

Staff telekinesis limitations

Offline AUREATE™

telekinesis limitations
« on: November 30, 2019, 07:47:34 PM »
So I'm a little confused as to why the weight limit for Telekinesis is so low, and was also wondering if there was any chance of upping it now or in the future. While 20lbs would be perfectly reasonable for a domestic feline or dogs or something similar, I was shopping for powers for a Siberian tiger and the limitation just doesn't seem to fit with the larger animals allowed on this site.

Would it be possible to instead go to a percentage based on someone's body weight, maybe with the minimum being 20 lbs? For example, anything under 20lbs could still lift the 20, but with increases it could go to something like 20lbs + 25% of the animal's weight? I don't know if that's entirely feasible, but I feel like it would be an improvement on straight 20.

I understand that it would mean larger creatures would be able to lift more. To be fair, they could already lift more than a domestic cat (or anything else) without telekinesis and it makes more sense to me for the power to be a reflection of physical and/or mental strength.

Thanks!
「 YOU CAN'T KILL ME 」
I'M NOT ALIVE
INFO  |  PINTEREST  |  CHARACTERS

Offline Orion

• Administrator
  • ★ ★ ★
  • awards This amazing member has donated to our rainforest preservation charity event in October. Someone found this special toucan during October 2019's charity event. This member participated within Valentine's Day 2019! This member is or was a staff member on Beasts of Beyond. This glorious member has donated to our very special Breast Cancer October event. This user has contributed to the Guide Archive.
  • ★ ★ ★
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: telekinesis limitations
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 07:10:14 PM »
Let me discuss this with staff and get back to you! This is a really great point. I do have a few concerns myself though.
admin - characters - discord: star#0061

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:

'BEASTS OF BEYOND + an ability-based animal roleplay In Dire Straits: Awoo BIANDRI: fantasy canine rpg RPGfix