Open SEEN YOU AT THE MOVIES && garden escapades

Offline -- lilja

• Elysium
    • View Profile
    • Awards
SEEN YOU AT THE MOVIES && garden escapades
« on: May 29, 2019, 12:47:28 PM »
LIGHTS GO OUT AND ALL I SEE—
the summer was coming in full fledge now, and lilja couldn't be more ready for it. the direwolf had settled up on the mountainside, spending her time preparing her garden. tetious work for figuring out the right soils, fertilizers, and right amount of watering. she was lucky enough the be on the side that faced the longer hours of the sun so she wouldn't have to worry about that.

for now her seedlings had grown into sprouts, all labeled for clarity as well. rows of six by sixes for food. strawberry bushes, tomatoes, potatoes and carrots. then on the other side in the same format; flowerbeds of roses, summer symphonies, and balloon flowers.

it had been far too long since she had a proper garden to take care of. lilja felt more at home surrounded by her sprouts and the sun, reading a book as she laid in the soft summer grass. it was only a matter of time until she could harvest and give it to her friends. maybe prepare some dishes out of them...

—ARE THOSE EYES, A WOLVERINE

at the moon, hear her howl
elysium — botanist fae  — direwolf

Offline Straw

• Elysium
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: SEEN YOU AT THE MOVIES && garden escapades
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 08:51:01 PM »
  So she was not the only creature here with a fondness for gardening. Moreover, all Straw had done was tend to the plants already in the greenhouse; Lilja had planted an entire garden of her own. Straw couldn't help but marvel at the neatly-labeled plots and bright sprouts as she approached. Given time, there would be an immense harvest. (There would be strawberries, too, which she personally would await eagerly.)

Glancing over at Lilja in the grass, Straw twitched her ears. "How long?" she said softly, reaching a paw up to adjust her mask. The question could mean how long it had taken to plant, or how long Lilja estimated it would take to finish growing; Straw was mostly curious about the former, but if Lilja wished to answer the latter too, she wouldn't complain.
tags (5/6/19): ShowHide

• Straw
• member of Elysium
• female
• npc x npc
• red panda with brown eyes
 • wears a sabertooth skull mask basically at all times
• no powers
• physical difficulty: medium
• mental difficulty: medium
• quiet by nature, doesn't talk much
• single, not looking
• recent events:
 • nothing of note
• PM @Verdigris to plot

Offline -- lilja

• Elysium
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 09:58:27 PM »
seeing straw was more than a welcomed sight for sure. the direwolf beamed seeing her approach, proud to show off her growing 'babies'. seeing straw's gaze gave her a sense of... well, pride, but also accomplishment. she hoped by the time everything came fully grown that everyone in the elysium would appreciate it. it was a free food garden, after all.

at straw's ambiguous question, she decided to answer all possible meanings. "well, it took me about two days to dig out how much space i needed for everything. a lot of tough weeds and rocks underneath the soil, y'know? i had to take a few breaks in between as well because i kept running into issues with fire ants and they kept biting my paws but i found a natural deterrent for them. i have leaves of mint surrounding each plot and they all went runnin' for the hills!" lilja smiled, feeling that sense of gratitude for her plant-friends.

"there wasn't anymore spare wood i could find so i went around the mountains and forests looking for anything useful. i uncovered an old washed up rooftop! someone said it might've come from sunhaven's old territory, but the wood wasn't rotted up at all; very lucky. so that itself took about a week if i include how long it took for me to find and set up a perameter. then, i already had the seeds for what i needed. it took me a day to properly re-soil and plant everything. so... maybe two and a half weeks tops?"

she paused for a moment then and looked around the garden. "since then i've been watering them as needed. it took everyong about a week to start noticeably sprouting. for my strawberries it'll take about six more weeks until i can harvest. my tomatoes will probably be the hardest. they take several months to grow and are really delicate too, so i'm keeping a close eye on those. the potatoes will be able to harvest in about... three months? the carrots are real easy, only a month and a half for those guys. the flowers... well, i just let them grow at their own pace."

i have to write down to plant catnip later for the tomatoes... she reminded herself, pondering where on earth she would find any here or elsewhere.

Offline Straw

• Elysium
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 04:39:54 PM »
  Two days just to dig out the dirt? Although, Lilja's explanation of why made sense, given that this was mountain soil- and that there were apparently ants. When Lilja mentioned the mint, Straw made a mental note of its use as a pesticide, since the nutritional value of fire ants was outweighed by the annoyance they caused. The stings and plant damage weren't worth it.

Reusing a rooftop was clever, too. Apparently she'd already had the seeds... Straw was curious as to how. "Where'd you get them?" she asked, looking down at the seedlings. "The seeds, I mean." The strawberries would take six weeks; she had no problem waiting that long, time seemed to pass quickly here.

After a moment, she added, "What's a... 'summer symphony'?"

• Straw
• member of Elysium
• female
• npc x npc
• no powers
• single, not looking
• recent events:
 • nothing of note
• PM @Verdigris to plot

Offline -- lilja

• Elysium
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 10:30:39 PM »
lilja turned slightly to pull out her satchel, tipping it over and letting some of its contents spill. several packages and small bags of seeds came out, all properly labeled in neat writing. "i collect the seeds as i come by them and store them where they wont get damaged. some seeds are only a few months old, others are up to two years old. i haven't had the chance to plant a proper garden in some time, so its just been building up, really." she explained, looking at straw with a small smile.

"do you want any? i'm not going to be able to plant everything before they go bad."

her attention turned to the summer symphonies she had planted, and excitedly explained. "they're for bundles! they're a type of bouquet, so there's lillies, crysanthemums and carnations. i'm planning on handing them out to everyone once they've fully grown."

Offline Straw

• Elysium
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 10:03:38 PM »
  As the seed packets scattered, Straw examined them curiously, her ears twitching. Lilja’s explanation made sense- it was best to get as much mileage out of one crop as you could, and a small crop could grow big over generations. She was surprised that seeds could last two years, though.

At Lilja’s offer, Straw carefully took a packet of strawberry seeds and set them off to the side. ”Thanks,” she murmured, with a small nod. She’d be sure to plant them in a safe place and take care of them as diligently as she could. This was a gift, that she ought to treat with respect.

At Lilja’s mention of carnations, Straw snapped to attention, her brows furrowed beneath the mask. ”Uh... what color carnations? Do you know?” she asked, her tail swishing behind her. The smell by itself, she could probably take. If the flowers were pinkish-purple like most carnations, she would probably be okay. But she wanted to be sure.

• Straw
• member of Elysium
• female
• npc x npc
• no powers
• single, not looking
• recent events:
 • nothing of note
• PM @Verdigris to plot

Offline | KILLUA ZOLDYCK |

• Prodigy
  • Conflicted | Unstable | Rude | Pro-assassin | Albino serval
  • awards This member won a May spotlight category!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 06:35:59 PM »
KILLUA
Killua knew almost absolutely nothing about gardening. He had never been trained to learn how to, and he had no interest in taking care of plants when he could just conjure up any plant that he needed. Killua also knew that most animals did not have the same abilities that he did and had to do everything the old fashioned way, which was fine with him. There were a couple of territories that he had been to that actually had gardens inside of them. He found some of the flowers that did grow in the garden to be interesting. Did Amorette garden? He couldn't remember. She probably did as she was the medic of the group that he was with for a long while, and she probably had to grow her own herbs. It would also make sense since she wore an apron once she no longer wore he raincoat. The raincoat was will in his possession and he wouldn't dare let it out of his site. Last time he saw his adopted sister she was a robot, but there may be a chance her soul could adapt to another body in the future. He's seen it done before. If he was told to garden, he is a quick learner so he didn't think it could possibly be that hard, but what did he know? They were just plants after all and having grown up in the household that he did, there was little that he did care about. However, he was great when it came to remembering all the different types of herbs that were used for medications. He was trained as his own personal medic at a young age and had loads of medical knowledge, and that knowledge had even helped save London's life when she was attacked by Guru. He never flaunted that he was a great medic, as he didn't want to have to be a medic for other people. It was annoying, and a complete hassle in his mind even if it meant saving lives. There were entire ranks in clans that were dedicated to medics, and he was more of a fighter anyway.

He took the lives, rarely saved them. It also helps that his body is immune to poisons and other ailments that could be injected into his body. He had venom, poisons, and other deadly materials injected into his body so that it would improve his immune system against those substances. There was no reason for him to create anti-venoms or cures for those ailments, as his body would simply filter them out. Of course, if he was injected with a poison that had a blood thinner, his blood would be thin, but it would take less time than a regular animal to recover from such a poison. He was adapted for combat and nothing else. Killua mostly kept to himself in the summer, trying to keep into the shade as much as possible. He didn't like the summer months and would much rather prefer winter when there was snow on the ground. It allowed for better camouflage, and it also didn't feel like he was melting. His metal claws felt hot in his sheathes due to the hot summer sun, and it certainly wasn't a nice feeling in the least. The assassin had found his albino black mamba companion, and Stark was probably still around somewhere. He flicked one of his large ears as he walked through the lower parts of the mountain that were more forested, before eventually leaping into the tree that was next to him. His metal claws gave him an extra grip on the tree, and then he did something that was common of him, and that was leaping from tree to tree as he explored the territory of Elysium.

There was nothing else for him to do after all. His enhanced senses were able to pick up the sound of two familiar voices in the distance. His movements remained completely silent thanks to his air elementals, and he landed in a tree that was adjacent to the garden. Not directly over the garden since it was in more of a clearing so that the plants could get more sunlight. His sapphire blue eyes looked at Lilja and Straw and he listened into their conversation about plants. Wow. They did seem to know a lot, not that it really interested him. He already knew that they had a greenhouse, whoever tended to it he had no idea. He laid himself down on the tree branch that he was on, letting one of his legs dangle. After a second of hearing them talk, he would let a soft whistle escape his jaws, as a means of expressing that he was impressed. He never heard anyone talk about gardening with such passion and with knowledge before. "Wow, you sure do know a lot about plants. You certainly put a lot of work into this garden, and I have to say it's pretty cool." Killua would state calmly as his gaze would drift over the different labeled plants that were around. Then, his attention moved back toward the red panda and the direwolf. "How come you like plants so much?" A simple question and he seemed to tilt his head in a curious manner. The young assassin simply didn't get the appeal of plants all that much.
elysium -- apprentice -- male -- 10 moons
template (c) olivan 
Tags Updated 05/13/19 : ShowHide
GENERAL:
★ KILLUA | KILL (BY FAMILY ONLY) | MALE
★ Bisexual (leans toward male)
★ 10 moons | Birthday | Ages per roleplayers discretion
★ Apprentice |  Former Snowbound deputy, Former Deputy & Former Head Combatant (FF) | Professional Assassin

IMPORTANT FACTS:
★ Killua constantly remains stealthy. He uses his air elemental to cushion every step that he takes, making his pawsteps barely audible.
★ Killua also uses his Air Elementals to block out his scent from everyone around him. Which means its impossible to find him by scent, as he doesn't like to be associated with any clans despite his ranks he may have.
★ He has a very bad addiction to candy and doesn't share it with anyone no matter who they are.
★ Killua will not respect your character right off the bat. Unless they express how strong they are, or if they are interesting in his opinion, then there is a chance that he might show respect. Meaning that he will show no respect for ranks.
★ Killua has no morals. Meaning that seeing death doesn't affect him, and if someone dies, he just considers the one that did to be too weak and deserved death.
★ He is not afraid to kill your character, as he believes himself to be stronger than everyone else he comes across due to his training and how he knows the clans after living in them for several months.
★ HE WILL NOT TRUST YOUR CHARACTER. Not right off the bat anyway. Which means he won't give any personal information to them unless he deems them to be interesting.
★ Killua is immune to all deadly chemicals/poisons and is also immune to electrical attacks. However, just because he is immune, he still feels the pain from it all, he can just bare the pain. This means that he will get somewhat pissed if poisons are attempted to be used on him or if someone tries to electrocute him.

RECENT EVENTS (oldest-recent):

PHYSICAL:
★ ALBINO SERVAL W/ METAL CLAWS [birth/main] | health: 100% | Reference.
— 30 lbs and the size of a full grown domestic cat, Killua belongs to the wildcat species of the serval. Meaning that his body structure consists of his long legs and his large ears that are perched on the top of his head. The most noticeable feature of him though is that his fur, instead of the usual tan and black, is stark white. Unlike most albino servals though, Killua doesn't show the usual spots of an albino serval, his fur being completely white. He has a lean build, meaning that he is built more for speed, yet there will be strengths behind his attacks. He has numerous scars all over his body, but sadly they can't be seen thanks to being hidden underneath his slightly unusually long fur. Compared to a serval's anyway. His eyes express a vibrant electric blue/sapphire hue color to them. Looking at his claws though, the front claws in his front paws are made entirely metal, over inches long meaning that they have a lot of piercing capability. These claws are made out of a light, durable metal that is sharper than even that of swords. So that the claws are capable of slicing through tough hide if need be. The claws on his back legs though are completely normal claws. Due to his front claws being so long though, it means that they can't be fully sheathed, so the tips of the claws always stick out no matter what. This means that if he is to ever spar with someone, there is a likelihood that character will end up getting scratched. Killua can often be seen eating some form of candy when he is talking to someone, except in serious situations.
- major injuries: severe injury on right arm (causes him to limp slightly)
- minor injuries:

PERSONALITY:
Everyone wants to keep Killua on his good side. No one wants him on his bad side because if they do it usually results in their death sometime later. Killua has no problem with killing those that mock him, on the consideration that he doesn't like to be considered weak, and having grown up only being taught how to kill, he has no other morals when it comes to dealing with social situations. Killua is extremely terrible when it comes to social gatherings, actually making quite difficult for him to interact with others without completely pissing them off. This serval doesn't show respect toward those that he doesn't know, and those that he doesn't consider to be capable of doing their job. He believes that most adults that he has come across are idiots compared to him, as despite his young age, he believes that he has a lot more experience than adults could ever have. Right now though, he is trying his best to figure out what he wants with his life after running away from his family and dealing with a clan previous to coming here, hearing a rumor that there were strong creatures here that could be a possible challenge. He has a huge ego as he thinks that he can take anyone on with relative ease. That he can take on anyone no matter what size they are. The assassin doesn't like to follow the rules either, practically a loose canon as he just does whatever the hell he wants to despite the consequences. He can often be seen mocking others, or even teasing if he is in a lighter mood. Killua so far is rarely seen being serious, as he mostly talks with a lot of sarcasm in his voice.

RELATIONSHIPS:
★ Single | 1/2 nothing
★ NPC x NPC | Generation 1 | No mentor

POWERS:
★ Electricity Elementals (Discovered/Almost mastered)
★ Air Elementals (Discovered/Mastered)
★ Conjuration (Discovered/Mastered)
★ Telepathy (Discovered/Mastered)
★ Invisibility (Discovered/Mastered)
★ Teleportation (Discovered/Mastered)
★ Shape shifting (Discovered/Mastered)
★ Enhanced senses (Discovered/Mastered)

INTERACTION:
★ Message this account to plot
★ Extremely hard to befriend if the character isn't the same strength/age as him
★ Physically extreme | Mentally medium | Training constantly
★ Will start fights, and will finish them quickly
★ Attack in bold paleturquoise
★ Cannot powerplay peaceful or nonviolent actions. ALL OPINIONS ARE IC

ASSASSINATION THE FAMILY TRADE
WE ALL TAKE IT UP

-------------------

albino serval | extreme difficulty | BIO

Offline -- lilja

• Elysium
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 02:02:51 AM »
lilja was more than happy to offer her friend supplies or whatever she was interested in. anyone who took an interest into gardening or harvesting was a welcomed friend to her by all means. at staw's sudden change of activity, lilja tilted her head. "umm..." she thought for a moment, glancing at the growing stalks.

"i won't tell until they already bloom. are you allergic to carnations? i can unroot them and plant something else, i don't mind." she gestured to the obvious stockpile of seeds. by all means, lilja was not going to put someone in danger over some flowers. as much as they meant to her, her friends meant more.

of all elysites to come forward, she definitely was not expecting killua. he just didn't seem the type, but she was nonetheless glad to see him around. "i've always loved it! we used to have one back home when i grew up, and i would take care of it year-round. i had a watermelon harvest one summer that was so tasty, i just couldn't stop myself! i wanted to see what else i was capable of. i guess this is now what it's developed into." lilja would never think of herself as an expert, but certainly a close second. she's had a century to learn all these things.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:

'BEASTS OF BEYOND + an ability-based animal roleplay In Dire Straits: Awoo In Dire Straits: Awoo BIANDRI: fantasy canine rpg RPGfix